FATE RD. ( coyote )

" stay close lad. " his frosty breath puffing through ivory knives in his maw as he tastes the air, stale squirrel and dry nettle bathing his pallet. " I’d like ’returning you to camp’ to be a one trip thing " he jokes morbidly, a smile spreading from thin black lips. A most ghoulish shade of white under watchful eyes. Half-hooded as he studies the ground for any prints. He taps his white tipped tail to the youth's shoulder gently.

With the newly-made mentor, walks a boy shoved into this world with cruel force and hushed fate. Cursed to walk the grounds that some think he may not belong. The blood in his veins the very same which Skyclan regards like the taste of dirt. Windclanner. Thistleback knows no such prejudice, having walked this land a starving flea-bitten bastard- blood had nothing to do with it. It’s what your mind and body could do, that defined you. It’s what you’re capable of.

Coyotepaw, is a young cat who’s story is written with the ink of woe. If not for careful direction- perhaps the beginnings of a tragedy. Thistleback would be that direction, perhaps not careful- but by the gods he’d make a warrior out of this boy. A strategic hunter, and deadly opponent.

" I do apologize, for having been on the mend. " he pauses to offer quickly, the wounds on his chest still bandaged but nearly ready to be peeled off for good. " but with me?, you’ll never be behind on training. I can promise you that" he adds.

" what can you smell? " he tests, eyes shifting toward his usual path toward the twolegplace. They stood perhaps merely fifteen minutes time from the bustling dangerous concrete kingdom.

• @Coyotepaw

• — Thistleback | thirty moons | cis-male
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png

I won't apologize for being who I am
Youthful musculature coils and ripples beneath honeyed tones as he follows diligently alongside his newfound mentor, heading the piebald tom's words to stick close. Ashen brume billows from the boy's nares as he comes to a halt beside the daylight warrior, green eyes glancing up expectantly. Upon hearing the man's quip, Coyote allows a ghost of a grin to decorate his features. His chin tips off to the side as his head inclines a smidge further illustrate his remark. "You won't have to worry about me falling behind." It was a promise he intended to keep. After all, he planned to be the best warrior this clan has ever known and he held no doubt that under Thistleback's tutelage he would become just that. A tom who's name would be praised for generations to come if he had his way. No one would cut him a sideways glance ever again.

A single cream colored paw brushes a stray leaf from his path as he studies the ground for anything remotely interesting. Thistle's voice reaches his ears in the form of an apology and Coyote feels his brows pinch in response. Pastel eyes of mint flicker back to the male, a tinge of surprise swimming in their depth. "You don't have to apologize," He begins cutting short as he reminisces over the extra time spent with Leopardcloud creating as many memories possible with his "sister" kept him well occupied while the daylight warrior was tended to. Pulling himself from the solemn thoughts of Leopard's fate he finishes up his response. "I think I'd be more concerned if my mentor didn't have scars to brag about."

He offers Thistle a sharp grin before focusing on the task at hand, attempting to put his senses to work. Coffee tinged lips part to draw in the frosted scents surrounding the pine laden forest. He could smell the fleeting musk of squirrel beneath the earthy scent of pine needles. "Squirrel?" He questions. hoping he hadn't missed any underlying scents underneath the smell of dead nettle.
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

Grey eyes drink up the smile although faint, nonetheless. The kid deserved to smile, deserved laughter- a life of unyielding pressure weighed against him. It was unfortunate that it was not within Thistleback’s nature to at all times bring a warmer happiness, a more gentle side like his beloved Deersong. It was with her that he had a yin for yang. " good " it’s spoken gently, his sights drifting like the seas as he lets the boy gauge their surroundings.

A snort rips from his black nostrils " Oh I have plenty of things to brag about- " he chuckles, it’s a harsh tug of breath from his lungs. " I’m devilishly handsome, literally a genius to the point were dealing with some cats is just… pathetically painful- ….need I go on? " he jokes again with a sigh. " Luckily I’ll pass this all onto you- this curse of simply being better. So you can one day shrug and say…can’t help it if I’m perfect " he’s chuckling with a long whip of his tail.

’ Squirrel ‘ " very good " Thistleback’s grimy smile surfaces and he pads a few paces forward. " the difference between stale squirrel and land-based rodent however, is in the fact that staleness doesn’t necessarily mean… far" he lifts his chin toward the treetops with hint.

• — Thistleback | thirty moons | cis-male
    — daylight warrior of Skyclan
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png