find me a pink sky || intro

R

RIVER

A smile rested upon her face, twinkling in her amber eyes as the large feline snuck through the undergrowth towards the camp. Her fur snagged on sharp brambles but nothing in her expression changed; after all, her pelt was so long and full that the prickly thorns barely affected her at all. The shadows lengthened as the sun fell further in the sky, casting deep pinks that she could only see when actually peeking through the leaves and branches above her. However, the molly did not tilt her head towards the skies above as she was clutching two limp sparrows in her maw. It was more important to get back to the camp to surprise the cats who were looking for an evening snack!

River's large silver head poked through the brambles first before the rest of her dark pelt followed, eyes glowing alight as she spotted her friends. With a cheer, she dropped the two birds to call out, "I've caught some prey for anyone who's still hungry!" The feline then sat down, folding her plumy tail across her paws as she waited to greet the approaching cats.

// this is just a whatever casual intro because she's not going to be here for long :')

//BECAUSE THIS IS SUPER RANDOM to anyone unfamiliar with Brooks BG; she is weary around older she-cats and has very intense mommy issues :( I'm gonna back write she's weary and distrusts River if that's okay, but maybe before... she leaves... they can develop an okay relationship somehow B)? post doesn't rly do much but I wanted to establish that!

Rain was the best thing that's ever happened to Lightning and Brook. Almost something completely perfect- completely free of stress and fear had occurred, but River's presence always put a knot in her stomach. The blue-tabby always knew this was unfair entirely on River, the large molly has never done anything wrong and has always been polite. Yet Brook cannot help but distrust, think negatively and push what would be her adoptive Aunt's figure away.

Many cats reasonably scolded her for this, viewed her as rude, but as hard as Brook tried she couldn't manage being around River. Any of the older mollies in the group really, it caused her too much dread and anxiety.

Her stomach rumbles at the scent of prey, but she ignores River's invite to feast. She'd sneak to the fresh-kill pile later and sniff something out on her own.

╰☆☆ The first faces he remembers as a kit--besides the identical face of his twin, Squall--are the soft-featured, friendly silver tabby faces of his father Rain and his littermate, River. He associates their coloring with himself, but also with the protective wing of a mother hawk, shielding her nest of eggs; of a fierce predator with prey dangling from its jaws.

His kin walks into camp with a mouthful of feathers, and his ears perk up. He rises to his paws, albeit without haste, and meanders over to River. Affectionately, he brushes up against her side and gives a short, jagged purr. "For me? Aw, River, you shouldn't have," he says, eyeing the birds clutched in her jaws. He licks his lips without realizing he's doing it.

It's only then that he notices Brook. Brook is like a sibling to him, both she and Lightning both, but the two of them can be quite closed-off and guarded sometimes. He does not notice Brook's wariness of River, but he glances her way and calls, "I'll share if you want, Brook!" He turns back to his aunt, oblivious to any strange tensions.
—PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

"If there's anything left, I'll gladly take some to eat." The rumbling voice of Rook says. The black smoke tom walks over to the group of cats and looks down at River's catch with an appraising glance. He doesn't greet her with the same enthusiasm as Haze does, nor does he outright slink away from her as Brook does. Regardless he does show some respect to her and the prey she has caught. "Nice catch." He commends.

"GIRL, YOU'RE A DIME, I'M A DIAMOND"
Untidiness. It was a trait that Tugger loathed in most cats and something that he belittled himself for. A cat of his breeding was almost meant to be kept pristine and so - in his mind - any cat in his vicinity must always be of kempt body and mind. There were enough sleek cats in Rain's clowder that passed Tugger's personal inspections, one of which usually being River. Now, with thorns bedraggling her long pelt, River looked... unbecoming.

"You should fix yourself, you're not a rose bush." Was the ginger king's.... charming greeting.
✦ ★ ✦