private FIRST JOURNAL ENTRY ‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. ROARINGPAW

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — His eyes are focused on the apprentice that lays within his den and under his care, he ponders on what could possibly have caused this sort of sudden fatigue or illness. It's not one that he has dealt with before and he had already given a juniper berry to the former kittypet to hopefully help with his breathing. It had been one of the first things that Roaringpaw had brought to his attention yet he can't help but feel frustration beginning to bubble within him when it doesn't do much for the young tomcat. "How are you feeling?" Gentlestorm asks in a soft voice as he turns away from the stone shelf that held all of his herbs and he knew the purpose of most of them yet that didn't matter if he hadn't achieved in getting the fire pelted apprentice back to his usual self. "Is it the greenleaf heat?" He ponders outloud unable to help but pace so he could get the gears in his mind churning and his brows knit together, he knew Roeflame has breathing problems of her own but Roaringpaw seemed perfectly fine upon their first meeting. The former kittypet had scrambled up the tree to avoid an adder but he hadn't been winded or struggling to catch his breath.

His mind wanders to think of the time Littlekit had eaten some honey to the point where it made her belly hurt and he had easily remedied that with borage, Gentlestorm doesn't stop pacing. "Did you drink or eat anything that you shouldn't have?" His golden gaze locked onto the smaller sepia once more awaiting for his answer and hopes for honesty, he could potentially ask Copperfang but he doubts that his friend had seen what his apprentice scarfed down to put him in such a position. "I won't tell anyone. I need to know so that I may help you," The scruffy tom explains gently to him, the last thing he wanted to do was prepare a vigil and decorate Roaringpaw's stilled form with rosemary or mint... The thought itself makes him shudder.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

IF I COULD BURN THIS TOWN ✧°.☀ ————————————
THE MEDICINE CAT'S DEN IS COMFORTING in his time of crisis, the shade providing much needed coolness in the Greenleaf heat. His ailment is still unknown, and he can't help but wonder if it is incurable. Roaringpaw's usual disposition is gone, the characteristic smile vanished with a frown left in its wake. "I'm a little better now after the juniper berries."

His legs are tucked beneath his body, and his gaze gingerly follows Gentlestorm as the older tom paced around his den, clearly as confused as he seemed about the apprentice's condition. He doesn't recall eating anything that looked off yesterday, and today he only had that mouse during the patrol... But why would it cause such a reaction? He had eaten plenty of mice before, and he'd been just fine.

Did you eat or drink anything you shouldn't? The sepia flicks an ear at the question. He had, not in the way Gentlestorm meant it, probably, but he had eaten when he shouldn't. His gaze is downcast, now, at the soft moss bedding he gets to call his own during his stay in the Healer's den. "I... ate a mouse while on patrol." He mutters, his breath hitching. Embarrassed, Roaringpaw gives his chest a few licks. "I know I wasn't supposed to, but it was so scrawny not even a kit would be satisfied..." He trails off, unable to find it in him to pour more excuses out.

"speech" thoughts
OOC: -
[penned by nocthymia - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ I WOULDNT HESITATE

Last edited:
Reactions: GENTLESTORM
YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — He watches Roaringpaw carefully for any reaction from his inquiries and the apprentice mentions that he felt a little bit better after the juniper berry, Gentlestorm gives a nod noting the frown that the younger tom wore on his face. It's enough for him to know that the other, in fact, did not feel completely better and this alone made him frustrated further with himself as he kept digging through his mind for any solutions or possible answers for any of this. Roaringpaw mentions eating a patrol during patrol and explains that he knows that he shouldn't have done that knowing it was against the code but mentions how the mouse had been so scrawny that even a kit wouldn't have wanted it. A part of him more relieved that the mouse hadn't gotten to camp if that had been the case, he couldn't imagine any of Roeflame's kittens this ill or Hopekit and Coalkit, his heart aches at the thought of it. Their games of pretending to be sick to become real? It scares him terribly enough that the fear shows in his eyes for a swift heartbeat before bleeding away in dark honeyed pools.

"Do you feel anything else? Aside from the struggle to breathe earlier." He asks with a tilt of his helm focusing on Roaringpaw once more and finally stops his pacing so he could analyze the apprentice's body language... Any possible discomfort that he felt or displayed. There's a pause before adds on with a nod of his head to say in a slight stern voice yet its gentle, true to his name, "Well, now, you know not to eat before our kits, queens, and elders. I know not if this is punishment from Starclan but let it not be done again." Roaringpaw would not be so fortunate the next time he fears.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

IF I COULD BURN THIS TOWN ✧°.☀ ————————————
HE IS QUIET, embarrassed and guilty at what he'd done during the patrol. Was it truly so bad that he'd eaten while out with the others? He would've been more efficient if he weren't so hungry... but then again, they were on their way back from hunting.... The warrior code could be so complicated!

"'M just tired a lot." He mews, pausing to lick his chest. "Like... like I don't have energy anymore." Roaringpaw concludes swiftly, going back to grooming his chest awkwardly. "Have I eaten today?" The apprentice muses, truly unsure if he'd had anything at all today. He didn't really have an appetite, and partially wonders if his ailment is to blame (although he doesn't really want to think right now).

"I know. I'm sorry." He apologizes again, resting his head on his temporary nest.

"speech" thoughts
OOC: -
[penned by nocthymia - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ I WOULDNT HESITATE

Last edited: