camp FISH IN A BIRDCAGE ✧ prompt, heirloom

prompt # 8

The early morning sun kisses his spine as he traverses sluggishly back to camp. Jaws latched around a sprig of bone, greyish and carved with ridges, four prongs pointed at vital organs as he carried it with his chin lifted. It pinched at his shoulder, but it wasn’t too heavy, compared to some he had seen- literally three times his own size. This one was relatively small.

He crosses camp border and lets it sit for a minute, his neck practically burning under the collar. He’d find Orangeblossom watching over Coyotepaw while Thistleback had said he needed to go run a small errand. That errand had taken quite a bit of time, considering the early morning darkness was long since bathed in brilliant light. Then again he expected to return empty-pawed so he's not sorry for it.

Snatching back up the antler shard, he prowls toward Coyotepaw and drops it at his paws. " You only find these in leafbare usually. I never found any last moon but- I like to collect these enough to give one to each of my children. " he explains, hoarse tone not reflecting the softness in his eyes.

" you know what it is, right? " he smiles.

• @Coyotepaw

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-three moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring quillpaw & Snowpaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

Angry at all the things I can't change
When Thistleback made it known that he'd be leaving out on an errand and thus, by default, leaving Coyotepaw in the presence of Orangeblossom he felt familiar nervousness engulf him. This was shaping up to be a dreadfully long morning. Anxious paws made themselves busy as the skyclan deputy followed him from place to place. To no fault of her own, the cream colored molly's presence was overbearing and Coyotepaw found himself frustrated when he'd run out of things to do. Her mere presence alone was torturous enough without having something to distract his mind. "Please come back soon..." He pleaded his father figure inwardly coming to stand awkwardly in the middle of the clearing after cleaning out the elder's den. Or at least the nests of those that allowed him near.

The thick plume of his tail wraps tight around cream paws as he makes himself sit, focusing upon the frosted ground as he awaited his father's return. And finally, as if starclan gifted itself, the lead warrior appears, allowing his to breathe a careful sigh of relief, lest Orangeblossom suspect him of something. A foreign object clatters at his paws before he can look up and he takes a moment to study the shard of bone. "No, what is it?" He questions after drawing blanks as to what it could be.
when you're lost in the universe don't lose faith