flash of fangs // open, chipped fang

ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
"AAAARRGH!" The howl of pain and fury echoed out from near sunningrocks where a hunting patrol had been based. Wildheart sucked in a sharp hiss of misery as he picked himself up from the ground at the base of the rock pile from where he had fallen. It wasn't often that the warrior found himself losing his balance, but today had just been downright awful from the start. And it obviously wasn't getting better.

"Stupid rock! I think I bit my tongue. How does my nose look? Is it bleeding?" Fortunately for the male calico his nose and tongue were actually fine, but the same couldn't be said for his upper right fang. As he bared his teeth it was revealed that the tip of his canine tooth had been broken off during the fall.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ a yowl interrupted her hunt, head shooting up. immediately she thinks someone has been struck by an adder, while they seemed to prefer snakerocks it certainly wouldn't be strange to find one here. the lead warrior rushes to the source.

she spots wildheart at the base of a rock, pelt dusted with debris. immediately, he prattles off insults and questions. a quick glance would show that he was fine, but then the warrior's lips curl to show his teeth. nightbird's eyes widen in surprise.

"starclan, wildheart! were you trying to eat it?" she hisses through her shock, tail flipping to the rock he tumbled from. "your tooth is broken, what happened?" she had never seen this before. teeth broke skin and bone with little issue, they weren't supposed to break away.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 32 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Untitled77_20240414010816.png

"I'LL BE RIGHT BESIDE YOU"

Okay- Focus. Watch your stance. Keeps your paws from dragging. Just have to get a little bit closer and-

Both Brighteyes and the mouse he'd been stalking nearly jjumped out of their skins as a sudden shout broke the silence of the hunting patrol, the prey bolting into a nearby hole while Bright began frantically looking around for his clanmates, eyes wide and fur bristling. Had the wolves come back? Or a fox?

Thankfully, his fears were quickly put to rest by the aggitated voice of Wildheart. The dark tabby made his way over to join Nightbird, wincing when he caught sight of the others tooth. "It-um- it doesn't look too bad though, Wildheart. I'm sure you'll be able to hunt and fight with it still." he assured the other with a nervous smile.

Untitled68_20240414003550.png

The sound of a cry nearby startles him immediately, and his mind instantly dives toward the worst paths that it could, remembering the wolves, remembering the rogues, and he tears after Nightbird with a start - with a sense of fear and dread at something that he was not sure had actually happened yet, until thankfully they discover that it hadn't, and that it had only been a fall. The fear is still stuck in his heart, but at least its quickness dies back to a normal rate, and his fur begins to lie flat on his shoulders once more. Thankfully, the cost of the fall didn't seem to be very high, but he couldn't imagine a broken tooth was the most comfortable thing to deal with, either. "It seems to only be the end of it, Wildheart. Does it hurt? He cannot replace your tooth, of course, but maybe Gentlestorm will have something to ease any pain." And stave off any potential infection.

ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
Wait, his tooth was broken?! Panic flashed across Wildheart's face as he immediately set about rolling his tongue over the now shorter canine tooth. And immediately he flinched as a sharp, raw pain jolted through him. "N-no...! This can't be!" Would it hinder his ability to eat? His ability to fight and hunt?

"I slipped. Of all the rotten luck!" Wildheart shared as he looked towards Nightbird, though his expression soured as his amber gaze snapped towards Brighteyes. "Shut it!" He growled with deepening irritation, which admittedly was being fuelled by the new pain he was experiencing at that moment. As much as he wanted to sink into the other warrior's reassurances he simply could not.

Fortunately Copperfang's suggestion of seeking out Gentlestorm was enough to distract him from falling further into his ire. "Yeah, I should see Gentlestorm and get it looked at." A further growl escaped him as he turned for camp, though another flinch rippled through his form as he stupidly licked at his chipped tooth. It was going to be a rather long walk back.