camp flower droplets // game

[ pls wait for @SCREECHPAW ! ]

It seems to be a break in the day for many of the cats around - some push to continue to work, whilst others recline and relax. It truly makes no difference to Snowypaw, who if pressed would gladly complain about her nonsensical weird in-between position in the Clan. Perhaps thankfully for many of the souls around, however, she's distracted, eyes fluttering about the tree tops. So much of the snow has melted and she's heard that it's almost newleaf, which is exciting all on its own!

The stout she-cat scooches just a bit closer to the similarly colored tom nearby, not exactly encroaching on his space (yet) but clearly trying to get his attention. "Hey, Screechpaw," she hums, curling her tail around her body to conserve a bit of the warmth she's catching. "Did'ya wanna play a game before y'gotta go again? I was thinkin'... I spy, now that we can see a whole lot more," more than snow, snow, and more snow at least. "C'mon, just one quick game! Please?"

Reactions: ABRI

An ever-moving apprentice, it’s an oddity to see Screechpaw so still. With a lull in his day, the tom finds himself perched atop a rock, eyes closed as he soaks up the warmth that strikes his dark coat. For the first time in a long time, the air is warm. And, perhaps for the first time in his life,

Screechpaw is content with laying still as he basks beneath rays of sunlight. The apprentice is at ease, and he might just stay here, letting the sun strike his pelt with more orange spots forever. He can’t — he knows there isn’t long before he’s corralled away to some patrol or some lesson — but he might.

He is at peace, until he isn’t. Until he feels someone looming nearby.

Go away, “ he warns, eyes still closed. Part of him suspects it to be Briarpaw — suspects she might tell him off for lounging in the sun, might make him do some sort of chore to fill up his time. Because his sister can never let him catch a break. But, part of him suspects someone else, someone eager to kick him off his rock. A younger apprentice, one of the annoying ones. “ This is my rock. Go away. “ Screechpaw adds, just in case.

But they don’t leave, only greet him with squeaking words. He opens his eyes, a frown pulling on his face as he looks to his company. A younger apprentice — though Screechpaw can’t really say whether or not she’s actually annoying, because he’s more keen on keeping his distance from her. From her littermates. If it weren’t for them, Sprucepaw might still be here. But she’s not, and now Screechpaw is met with this freckled face instead, as her and her siblings names tell the tale of his friend’s death.

Oh. It’s you, “ he mutters, a flick of his tail following. Before he can ask Snowypaw what she wants, and just why she has chosen to interrupt him, the younger apprentice answers, an ask that leaves his heart sinking. A game of I Spy.

No — “ Screechpaw quickly says, looking away from her and opting to close his eyes instead, willing for his moment of peace to return. But it doesn’t, and Snowypaw persists. One game, she begs. Screechpaw might as well get it over with, right?

A sharp exhale answers her, eyes opening once more and a two-toned gaze shifting toward the dark furred she-cat. “ Just one, “ he repeats, shifting over a bit to make room for Snowypaw to sit beside him as he looks around. “ I spy, with my little eye… There — a nearby stick, cast to the side amidst melting snow. Easy enough, he hopes.

… Something brown. “ ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74597074_cdZpRJwV0JQAuyC.png
    SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW
    ── Apprentice of ShadowClan

── Forestshade x Vulturemask
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A black/red tabby chimera with mismatched green eyes.
    ── Mentored by Chilledstar
    ── "Speech"; Attack

Last edited:
————————————————————⊰ʚ・ɞ⊱————————————————————

Screechpaw's voice was easy to pick up in a crowd, loud and defiant and on the edge of a yowl as if the slightest push could set his brother screaming like his namesake in moments. It made it easier to follow along toward him where he sat near Snowypaw with his rocks. The fluffy black apprentice didn't know the appeal of collecting things, he assumed it had to do with how they looked and he couldn't necessarily.

He sat alongside Screechpaw, ears flicking as he listened. 'I Spy' and the other apprentice makes a remark about being able to 'see' more, leading him to immediately regret walking over now. It becomes clear quickly what the game entailed, describing something vaguely and having someone guess and his long plume of a tail wraps around his paws as his blind golden eyes stare off into a direction beyond where he knows the briar walls of the camp are, into the territory that will be foreign to him when the snow melts and turns the ground into slick pools of sludge.

"This game is stupid." Sweetpaw says finally, the silence having drawn out long enough he felt the need to speak on it.

•  

• 75204735_hp0.png
    Sweetpaw
    —⊰⋅ Apprentice of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/They
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Solid black w/golden eyes (Is Blind)

they weren't going to indulge in thr game with the apprentices. it was just a game. a silly kit game for them to play and enjoy. chilledstar has no reason to even try. but the sound of i-spy makes their ears perk ever so slightly, only to fully twitch when sweetpaw says that the game is stupid. their eyes blinked a few times before they moved to stand up. this was not a game meant for blind cats, but surely sweetpaw could play anyways, yes? they'd figure out a way. they stood up, making their way over to the gaggle of apprentices, twitching their nose as they greeted them.

"oh, don't say that, sweetpaw. here let's make a game you can play, too. go find something in camp. anything. go on. pick it up and bring it back here."

chilledstar moved to gently nudge the young cat so that he could get up and go off to find something, if he so wanted.

when sweetpaw brings this back we will all inspect what they've brought. by feel and scent. and then i will have you close your eyes and you must find it. with your eyes closed. sound fair?"​

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    44 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed