backwritten FLOWN TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN ;; orangestar

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
Fireflypaw is raking his ears with the new prophecy on his mind, having just returned from Mothermouth. He thought he'd just take a rest when he got home, but the anxiety building up inside of him ate at his bones and skin. He was always good with secrets, or so he thought- the memory of him exposing Skyclaw fresh on his mind. He finally resolves himself, standing to his paws and walking out of the medicine den. He makes his way over to Orangestar's den- his father's old den, which he shared with Bobbie. His ears grow heavy, flattening against his head as he scratches at the ground idly before speaking.

"Orangestar.. I have a prophecy from StarClan." He states softly, remembering his first prophecy where he'd panicked and spilt it all out in the open. His eyes grow distant, older as if he'd seen time play out before his eyes. Seeing his father, healthy and happy in StarClan was enough for him. For now, he would rest easy knowing his family was all at peace in the stars above.

Once Orangestar welcomes him in, Fireflypaw checks to make sure Slate isn't in her den before he seats himself not far from her. Milky blues look weary once more, a soft sniffle of the nose sounding. "Blazestar visited me at the Moonstone. He says this: 'Beware the darkness a forgotten enemy brings.'" He aches to lay down by his mother in moments like these, bury his nose in her fur. Or to feel the gentle rasp of Greeneyes' tongue over his fur, comforting words from his friend. He'd loved Greeneyes, once- as more than a friend. Before he had new rules to live by, new laws. He shuts his eyes, waiting for Orangestar's response.

@Orangestar
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 21 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

• Wow
Reactions: Sorrelsong
When the moon is covered by clouds at the Gathering a few moons on, Orangestar would forget this conversation. She would be preoccupied by her own troubles; the prey-stealing creeping further towards Twolegplace, their tenuous grip over the foxes who had felled her. Her thoughts would dwell with annoyance on WindClan and ShadowClan, and not even draw close to this conversation.

But for now, she listens attentively. Fireflypaw's delivery is different this time: she remembers his panicked squeak sharing his first prophecy with them, the one about SkyClan's boughs that ended up being about the Shelter trapping their Clanmates. He's grown up since then. Has become more sure of himself. Yet he sniffles before speaking, a mystery quickly solved when Fireflypaw tells her that they'd spoken to Blazestar in receiving this prophecy.

"A forgotten enemy ... I see." She hums, frown becoming more pronounced. She sees, but she does not know. There's something slightly frustrating to the way her tongue touches at the edge of her maw. "Do you have any idea what it means? Did Dawnglare receive the same message?"

•  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

[ art by pin ]
  • ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | eight lives

— "a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."
    — single ; mentoring springpaw & ashpaw
    — speech is in #F18C47
    tags | penned by mercibun, contact on discord for plots.

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"No, I never got the chance to tell him. I figured I'd better come to my leader first." Fireflypaw chirps as he shifts his paws awkwardly, bulky body like a shadow in the orange-and-white she-cat's den. She seems to ponder on the prophecy, and his eyes blink rapidly as shespeaks again. What does it mean?

"Blazestar didn't show me anything. A forgotten enemy.. Perhaps we need to keep a closer eye on WindClan?" He suggests with a thoughtful look.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT ✦ 23 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS