no angst Fly me to the moon || cattail fluff

Jul 10, 2022
Tagging @willowroot feel free to respond before, this is just a cute itty bitty fluff thread ))

GOT A HEAD FULL OF SPIDERS

Frostpaw had gotten the golden idea of using the cattail fluff they had stumbled upon by accident as something that could be wove into the nests of the cats, perhaps something to help keep them warm during the winter as well. Light paws steps danced slightly in eagerness as she made her way towards where the strange looking things reside near the riverbed, having gathered a few cats to come with her as well she turned to face them with a happy glimmer in her bi-colored gaze. "Here they are! They don't look like much for the moment but soon as you take some of it out, it'll poof out into tons of fluff!" she expeessed excitedly to the others who had joined her
"speak""Thoughts"

The cattail fluffs have been an amusing part of RiverClan’s territory since Smogbreath first introduced him to them. Smokethroat biting down on one seemingly without thought had been an even better introduction to the plant, though, and now Clayfur can’t seem to get enough of chewing on the fluffy ends of the plants.

He lets Frostpaw lead him, along with a few other clanmates, to where more cattails grow, an excited bounce to his step. He’s glad the apprentice seems to know where they are, because he certainly doesn’t. But as she states what they do, he lifts a paw to wave it toward the cattails. "They also taste really good," he says with a grin. "Everybody should take the biggest bite they can." Whether or not he’s lying is a fact that Clay will keep to himself. He doesn't think they taste bad, but Smokethroat seemed to have thought otherwise.
[ WHAT'S MY AGE AGAIN? ]

"I am aware." The tom's cool reply came out monotonous and his expression did not betray his actual thoughts regarding the plant. Which was they were terribly deceptive little things, looking comically silly and soft only to burst into a great fizzing mass like cloud the moment any pressure was applied to them. When Clayfur spoke up his lips curled, forcing back down the amusement that lit both orange eyes up like twin suns at the thought of forcing everyone in the clan to go through the trial of biting the strange things and suffering as he had.
In response to the tabby's suggestion he gives another plainly spoken statement, continuing to remain neutral and indifferent, "I agree. Consider it a right of passage going forward."

4408701a7c091c6fdede647ba83a625f67147320.jpg

A S H P A W.

Ashpaw sits herself down beside Clayfur, having followed the warrior's happy bouncing stride. She scoots closer to him as he speaks, seeking comfort from the familiar presence, and grins at Frostpaw's explanation, at the happiness shining in those blue eyes. It's nice to see her friend so bright.

She tilts her head at Clay's assertion and Smoke's agreement. She's heard through the grapevine about her clanmates' cattail shenanigans thus far, so she's veeery suspicious of this recommendation.

"Oh, a big bite," the little tabby says, nodding. "That sounds like a... good idea. Uh huh."

Then green eyes light up at a good idea of her own. With a valiant effort not to giggle—that'd give away her clever plan!—she turns to Smokethroat and says, "I forgot how to take big bites! You should show me how!"

She bats a fallen cattail pod towards him, and adds for good measure, "You know, since you're the bestest ever lead warrior and you're super good at things." Yesterday while Ashpaw was trying to play with Leafkit, she told Leafkit he was cool and Leafkit said "Flattery will get you everywhere. Cats swallow greedily any lie that flatters them, but sip little by little at a truth they find bitter" and Ashpaw doesn't know exactly what that means but she thinks it's probably good advice.

She maintains the most earnest and honest front she can, but inside her head she's giggling evilly.

—— " i found gold in the wreckage "
9e59d1d6280f842ca0769cf2794ac61dc0d38199.jpg