For the fortune lies still in his hands // Prompt

As winter continues to drone on, Marigoldpaw continues to be the best apprentice he can. It might be harder as the bitter cold nips at his paws and nose, making him feel like he’ll be frozen in place should he stay still, but he tries not to let it slow him down. It’s easier said than done, as it is entirely new to him, but his willpower won’t falter.

For right now, though, he is free to do as he pleases. A day to spend at his leisure, he almost isn’t sure what to do with it. Marigoldpaw knows himself by how he keeps active, so to try and relax is almost foreign to him. Maybe he could find someone willing to spar with him? He isn’t sure what else would work that would also help him train something.

As he ponders, he finds that some of the other apprentices have gathered together. It seems like they’re planning what to play, from what he can hear from a distance. His instinct is to go over and beg to be included, but it quickly dissipates. He doubts any of them would actually want him around, and playing is beneath him now anyways.

Before he can turn tail, however, he notices a flash of orange and brown out of the corner of his eye. Was someone coming to talk to him? (Maybe even invite him over?) No, it can’t be…unless.

// OOC : @tigerpaw. , but any apprentice can post and/or approach him before!
- It's time to relax and finally there comes a day where all the other apprentices are free from their duties at the same time and begin planning some fun and games - will Marigoldpaw join them, does he need to be invited directly, does he not want to...?

It's seemed she wasn't the only one that was bored. It started with her and Gorgepaw (npc) sharing tongues, then quickly progressed to several of them- all wanting something to do. Tigerpaw and another apprentice put their heads together metaphorically, and came up with dodgeball. It wasn't just a kit game but it was good training, they decided.

"Marigoldpaw!"

Tigerpaws voice broke the air towards the yellow hued apprentice as she came skidding beside him. "We're gonna play dodgeball, and I suggested we grab more apprentices. And I seen you, and I want you on my team. Have you played before?" she spoke quickly, nearly having to bite her tongue from spilling out who knows how many more words. Her body shifted as she bounced on her toes, unable to keep still while waiting for a response.

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- Badgerpaw was quick to follow Tigerpaw over to the lone apprentice, offering Marigoldpaw a welcoming - yet always mischevious - smile. She wasn't a huge fan of dodgeball herself, always on the losing end of things as she struggled with her aim, but everyone else was playing, and she was certainly a follower.

It was then that she realized that she hadn't really put herself on a specific team yet, as she had been mostly listening to the other apprentices map out the game. Her brows furrowed for a moment - Tigerpaw didn't ask her to be on her team yet! She decided she'd invite herself. "I'm on Tigerpaw's team too," Badgerpaw announced, giving the energetic apprentice a sheepish look. She hoped her decision wouldn't cause an imbalance in the game.

• badger.png
  • BADGERPAW she/her, apprentice of thunderclan, nine moons.
    a lively black-blue tortoiseshell chimera she-cat.
    mate to no one. apprentice to n/a.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: Deidre