camp FOR THE LAND WE KNEW ;; reminiscing [ CLOSED for now ]

// this thread will open after 4 former kittypets respond :]

this is her second greenleaf in the forest, she realizes, as the sun flutters through the treetops. a dull ache in her head tells leafhusk that eventually, her times as a forest cat will surpass her housecat days. it’s not the fact that she’s going to become old, but the thought that she may forget how it used to be. the warm terrain used to be a glass pane she’d sleep against, the prey remains used to be wet food in a cute bowl— she was loved unconditionally. leafhusk mentioned once that new-leaf was her favorite season, but she may reconsider that opinion.

"this weather makes me feel so nostalgic." her shoulders slumped with a sigh, her head rolling to look at the gaggle of clanmates before her. they were majority former housecat, kindred spirits who found their way to thunderclan one way or another. leafhusk enjoyed their company, and a bit overprotective, but that’s the promotion speaking. her co-leads remark a moon ago was a cold sore on her brain.

a thoughtful hum vibrates her throat, a delicate smile graces her maw, "did your homes ever have… ah, hangouts? i’d love watching a bunch of twolegs laugh and have fun… greenleaf was such a beautiful time for my owners garden, too." her tail sweeps around her paws, remembering how much enjoyment she had when the seasons changed.​

IF I COULD BURN THIS TOWN ✧°.☀ ————————————
HIS HEAD TILTS TO THE SIDE as he hears Leafhusk speak of feeling nostalgic, curiosity glinting in his amber-brown eyes. "It's my first time seeing Greenleaf." He purrs, glancing at the flowers blooming around camp. It was a beautiful sight, and he'd be inclined to say this was his favorite season, if not for the heat that came with the weather.

"Hangouts?" The apprentice echoes, pausing for a moment. He recalls his twolegs celebrating something, with new faces swarming their home. Roaringpaw - Angus - had been a kitten, then. And twoleg kits had played with him, too. "Once. I don't remember why there were so many twolegs at my folks' nest, but I remember several young ones there."

"speech" thoughts
OOC: -
[penned by nocthymia - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ I WOULDNT HESITATE
[/font]

Bigfang eats at a mouse nested between his paws. He finds comfort among the gathered cats, they were clan-mates with a stain on their past just like himself. Former kittypets, deemed fat and lazy, unable to be turned into warriors by many of the clan cats. Sometimes it was true, not all kittypets had what it took, but they did.

Still, despite finding solidarity with them Bigfang becomes uncomfortable with the current topic. He glances around for any eyes or ears that had settled upon them, he doesn’t think cats would be pleased to hear them reminiscing for their old lives long lost. Besides, his recent run in with a twoleg had gotten him into enough trouble with Sproutpaw.

Bigfang doesn’t outright say it, but it’s evident by his body language. His tail lashes against the ground and his hackles bristle wearily, we shouldn’t be talking about this. It was dangerous. Foolish. Did Leafhusk have no fear? In a position such as hers talk like this became even more dangerous.

Without a mutter, he rises onto burly paws and gives the group a long glance. ’Talk about the past all you want, I’ll not be associated with it.’ Brushing past one of the group members he makes way to distance himself from them, he’d not push his luck further.
  • » HankBigfang
    » ThunderClan Warrior
    » Former Kittypet
    » He/him
    » A large, beaten-up ginger tabby tom with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A heavy-hitting foe who makes his hits count
    » Excels in heavy, powerful moves.
    » Fights to protect and make opponents flee.
    » Though strong, he is a slow mover. A fleet-footed cat would both easily frustrate and land hits on him.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

࿔*:・゚༄ Nostalgia is a strange thing for Ploverhop. For all that they relish in their kittypet ancestry, the actual memories are distant. A hazy kithood, green and vibrant. They were a restless youth, trapped in that nest, and they left the first chance they had. The first gasp of Greenleaf the adolescent cat witnessed saw them stealing away through a patio door, never to return. They are not one for regrets, but sometimes they do wonder if they should be.

Ploverhop blinks, shaking that sort of memory off. "Oh yeah, I think I remember those! They were always chattering away with someone, hah!" they chirp, cheer unwavering. It feels a little forces. They do remember, though... That house was always so crowded, new faces spilling in and out. It was never too bad - most were doting, and they never mibded the loudness. They think that's what it was like, at least. They were so young. "Though uh, Iotta admit, it's all a little fuzzy for me. I left my nest pretty young, y'know," they admit more quietly. Their smile is lopsided. It's not anything secret, yet it feels oddly vulnerable. They hope some of the others here will understand.

• 63382575_CEBibumHa5i9HoX.png

"SPEECH"
  • PLOVERHOP they / them, warrior of thunderclan, twenty moons.
    a large, black-striped lilac cat with vivid golden-orange eyes.
    bright and bouncy with a penchant for mischief. rarely seen without a smile.
    npc x npc; former kittypet.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.