private free falling love addict .. mirepurr

The morning sun had bore through what little coverage the clouds provided and for every breath that left her lungs, Lilacfur felt like she was swallowing an entire fog. The humidity burrowed under her pelt like a mouse in leafbare, and she is sure her companion must feel the same. They share a single look to one another, silent understanding, and she followed as they led her toward the gnarled roots of a fallen tree, the other half sunken into an algae pool.

"Thank you." The lead mused with an easy smile. "I thought I was going to melt, and greenleaf has only begun!" It would be the same for Sycamorekit, she thought. It wouldn't be long before he was in the other half of her shadow with Shadepaw.

"Do you think they'll miss me if we're late? I don't imagine I'm very loved as a patrolmate right now." Lilacfur's tone lifted in slight amusement. The reactions of her Clanmates were as she expected them to be, surprised from what they would label as rash. So unlike the lead who normally kept her head on straight.

• 82313904_EOrjiqreK2nTja8.png
  • LILACFUR she/her, 20 moons, mother to marblekit and sycamorekit
    lh lilac rosette with yellow eyes (carrying cinnamon, solid), a torn ear and claw marks beside her eye.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by this loser@gonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The sunrise after an... eventful Gathering always feels a bit different than the rest. Normally it acts as a way to wash off any lingering feelings; mistakes like stepping or speaking out of line tend to warrant consequences way after the full-moon, but the sun climbing its usual route up the horizon is a reminder that life simply goes on. They'd deal with all that later, the sun tends to say.

Now, though... Mirepurr is not sure this method will work. That sinking feeling is one of the reasons they wanted to tag along with Lilacfur, aside from the simple fact of wishing to spend time with her. A glance shared; thoughts mirrored; that's all it took for the pair to break away from the rest of the Clan and allow themselves some privacy.

"You better shed fast then," Mirepurr reminds, "or you'll turn into a puddle in no time." The shade the fallen tree offers cools their warm skin and fur in no time, and Mirepurr gets a moment to gather their thoughts.

Lilacfur is a dear friend, but they struggle with whether they agree with her actions tonight or not. It's not like they don't think Wolfsong deserved to be reminded of his place... he uttered the name Granitepelt like the poison it represents, the sudden decision to spit venom at ShadowClan not called for. It was WindClan who made foolish and even fatal mistakes. Mirepurr remembers the gasp that escaped them when Chilledstar raised a paw against Sunstar, and the one that followed right after when Lilacfur mirrored their leader.

Mirepurr considers. "Controversial, maybe." They're certain some of their more violence-prone Clanmates don't mind what Lilacfur did. "That was... I'd say brave, because I can't ever imagine doing that, but should I condone this?" Despite everything, amusement prances into the air between the pair.

Lilacfur wasted no time to sink into the cool earth, her chin resting against the soft bark. "Mm, a puddle of fur does not sound very attractive." Her maw tugged in a forced frown, casting Mirepurr a glance. The imagery of either of them crumbling to just the hairs of their pelts was oddly amusing, but the vision did not linger for long.

"I don't know what I would call it. There's not a word that fits all of... that." Her anger had felt like nothing before, controlling every muscle in her body, flexing her claws. She hadn't liked the feeling, the rage that burned her blood in fiery passion, but she hadn't disliked it, either. Seeing Wolfsong's head snap with the impact of her claws, spew his useless threats back, knowing he wouldn't raise a paw back had been strangely empowering. Perhaps the tom would not walk the line and talk of a warrior again, unless prepared.

"I'm not taking the blame if it really does fall on WindClan warring with us. How long have they've been known to terrorize their neighbors? I'd hardly call retaliation for their lack of honor my fault." And she would share no sympathy for the warriors they would continue to lose in their codeless desperation. Perhaps if Sunstar had remained true to the image he set out to make, that WindClan would form into a different era, the Clans he shared borders to would have been kinder.

"I still can't believe it... RiverClan sheltered them. Chilledstar encouraged us to hand off the frogs to their patrols. What fool thinks to ruin that chance for peace?" Perhaps Sootstar had addled their minds beyond control, she didn't need to be alive to still be felt across the territories.