camp FROM EDEN ✧ intro

ricepaw

ARE YOU SATISFIED?
Apr 25, 2024
It's a lovely day. The sky is blue, barely any clouds dot the sky, birds are singing, and Ricekit has found a particularly odd interest in a few bugs. It's all shes been playing with for the past morning as she waits for her father to return from patrol, while her mother is off doing... something, not that Ricekit knows what it is.

"You do is like this," frustration laces the little ones voice as she draws a gentle claw forth, adjusting the beetle towards where the ants gather. "And then you siege their camp." she gives the beetle a not so patient nudge. "And you save the princess ant." she speaks matter-of-factly towards it, huffing lightly as it begins to crawl away. She just wanted to play princesses and their knights! The stories her father and other kittypet daylight warriors have given her had been so fun, she had practically listened with stars in her eyes. She thinks for a moment, and then: "Fine! I'll be the princess. And you can rescue me." but I am a good princess, she twitches her nose, I can fight! Barely...

She waits for the bug to come save her, but it only continues crawling away. She huffs. "You're no fun."

• ricekit
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 03 months
    kit of skyclan ,, heronstep x cauliflowercurl ,, sibling to
    regal, curly-furred white she-cat with striking green eyes
    "speech, f0a78e" ,, thoughts
    too young ,, single ,, not interested at all
    smells like hyacinths & lilies
    penned by chuff

"Bugs don't listen to little kits." Drawled a derisive voice, the one that belonged only to the flame-brushed chimaera, as he padded over to an unfamiliar curly-haired molly. Heterochromatic gaze regarded Ricekit with suspicion, uncertainty swimming and bobbing in the jewel-like seas of vitriol. To his knowledge, she was just another annoyance that spawned from the nursery not too long ago. TIdes of contempt, clear upon his face, then bayed as he stared downwards at the rather unorthodox arrangement of insects. What was she even doing with them? Kits are strange, strange beings. I'll never understand them. The longhaired tomcat sat down with a feathery tail coiled around velvet paws, as though his wisp-strewn elegance belied the sardonic scowl and the reproach in his ruffles. It was a ways away from the purl-pelted she-cat. He always kept his distance, especially with the younger brood of his clan. Starclan knew how they latched onto him like they were mosquitos feeding on his pure irritation. He picked up the beetle with a deft claw and let it dangle by its leg, like he were some god mocking his own creation, much bigger and mightier than the one he strung along by its limbs. It flailed, flapped its wings even, but he did not let it go. "They don't listen to anyone." What is it like to live as a bug, I wonder?

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 23 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

Reactions: ricepaw

It was something of a surprise to see Chrysaliswing willingly (or at least, assumedly willingly, for Twitchbolt could see nothing holding him down) interacting with a kitten. Twitchbolt's torn ear angled to attention, a small, crawling curiosity twisting up to his skull, twitching twine-frayed whiskers. He did not look pleased, but neither was anyone forcing him to interact... still, as ever within the brown-and-white tom there was in instinct to keep an eye on his flame-splashed clanmate, for the moment he started upsetting people, which was inevitably never far away...

Still, a pleasant face was kept for Ricekit. Humour lit like a distant star in the wide green of Twitchbolt's gaze, and for once a nod of agreement followed Chrysaliswing's words, though his demeanour did not bear quite the same barbs. "They're- they're about as easy to control as kits," Twitchbolt remarked, a twinkle of amusement in his voice. He admired Ricekit's ambition, at the very least... herding bugs was not a task he'd watched even a warrior attempt to undertake.
penned by pin ✧

When Chrysalis approached, he's met with a blank stare from field-green eyes, almost questioning why he intruded on her little game. She sees the look on his face and she matches it- though as soon as his falls, hers does too, almost like it was never there. The girl mimics his behavior, and then frowns when he snatches her beetle away from her, dangling it as it thrashes in his grasps.

"Well, they're going to learn to listen." she speaks as she quickly rises to her paws to almost stomp over (though her steps are lighter than true stomping), reaching for the beetle in his claws. "Give it back. It's mine," she pins her ears back, frustration bubbling in her chest. "Only I am deemed fit to punish my subjects." thats what a princess does. She rules, and shes the ruler over this specific kingdom right now. Not him, and even if he were the princess, she was sure she wouldn't listen.

"Beetles are stupid anyways... So I guess you can have it." she tries to speak earnestly, nicely as Twitchbolt approaches. The frustration threatens to boil over- too many adults here, looking, watching- too many authority figures. If she steps out of line now, she could very well get in trouble... She exhales sharply, "I want to find a moth for my lands. Can one of you help me look for a moth? Pretty please." she tacks on, batting her eyes. If anyone was going to, she'd force the dual-coated warrior to help her; he took her beetle...

• ricekit
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 03 months
    kit of skyclan ,, heronstep x cauliflowercurl ,, sibling to
    regal, curly-furred white she-cat with striking green eyes
    "speech, f0a78e" ,, thoughts
    too young ,, single ,, not interested at all
    smells like hyacinths & lilies
    penned by chuff

*+:。.。 From a distance, Glitchkit had watched Ricekit play. She had concocted quite the fun story with princesses and knights, a brave warrior beetle and a dreadful ant army. Itty was invested, to say the least. So when it all ended with a failure on the beetle's part and a snatching paw on Chrysaliswing's, Itty was quite dismayed. Listening loosely to the back and forth between adults and child, she would turn her attention to the bugs. Resting her cheek on the ground, she watched the little ants crawl, wondering what story they were trying to tell without Ricekit as their mouthpiece.

Her ears would snap up when Ricekit announced the inclusion of a moth. Woah, what could a moth be in her story? Hesitating for only a moment, she pulls enough confidence together to totter forth. "Ah - um - I'd like to help, Ricekit! If - ahm - that's okay?" she mews, tail flicking against her ankles. And maybe, if she finds a moth, Ricekit will let her play, too?

Though if not, that's okay too. As long as Glitchkit is able to see what happens to the princess, she really won't complain, she promises!

• GENERAL:
    Glitchkit
    DFAB— She/Her
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Daughter to Statichaze, sister to Radiokit
    Skyclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically worm | mentally tadpole
    Attack in bold #3a3a3a
    injuries: None currently

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Ricekit always has the most clever games, Hollykit thinks. Using bugs - how genius! Much better than poor little mice (he's learned that lesson terribly well). They watch the curly-furred princess command her kingdom with wide eyes; he's suprised the bugs refuse to bow, when she has such a gravitas that he'd think anyone could be swayed. A disorderly kingdom, how terrible - her reign is in ruins.

Nonetheless - there's his cue.

Glitchkit comes first, words halting but genuine, and he is quick on her heels. "I'll help too!" chirps an overeager Hollykit, summoned by a cry for help from the poor, languishing Ricekit. The tentativeness of Glitchkit's words are echoed from the more bold kit, albeit more formality than true hesitance. "...if the great princess Ricekit would like me to," she adds on, slathering the words in an overblown sort of flattery. Such is the way one should speak to a kit of Ricekit's standing, ruler of beetles and moths.

Moths, right. "A moth would be much better," he declares with some confidence. Much better than the terrible, disobedient beetles. Disgraceful. His head is already whipping around in search, green eyes aglow. Singsong spills softly from his maw. "A moth, a moth, a quest for a moth... Fluffy and fluttery, right?" Hollykit does not look back to Ricekit as he asks; he is far too absorbed in the task at hand. He must let nothing steal his focus away.

• 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, four moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited: