FULL MOON, FULL LIFE | honeysplash

Why am I stuck taking care of Honeysplash?, he wondered. Isn't it Dawnglare's or Fireflypaw's job? Stupid, lazy kittypets.

"Don't strain yourself." Chrysaliswing grumbled, reluctance rolling through an already-envenomed voice. The pair of warriors hadn't gotten far from the camp, and the jagged yet inviting mouth of the camp's entrance stood behind them. Longhaired coat brushed against the snow-dappled Honeysplash's, like the trees and the mountains guided the shadows cast by the stars. He stood above her, but not too oberbearing, almost like a parent trying to instill some haphazard tough love onto their child. The grousing that fell from his lips seemed just folly and fanfare, though, as Chrys found himself not exactly hating to spend more time with Honeysplash. She asked him to help, after all, and rarely did cats ever come to him for help. In a sense, it was a great honor to be able to bear the burning bush of trust. To trust was a delicate process, like walking on glass or hunting prey (it made him feel as on edge as those two scenarios, too). The flame-pelted tom's usual fiery disposition grew quiet, dimmed, as reticent as the evening sun that basked in the shadows of the hills. He didn't know why, but he felt the need to protect Honey - not just from the cruelty of the world but from the cruelty of himself. They were the only cat that cared enough about him to ask him for such a task. No cat would venture closer to the man crafted of porcupine's quill and thistle's spine. He did not blame them.

A shift in the way that Honey ambled about on her new legs drew keen ears forwards and alert. Distraction got the better of him, though it quickly released its taloned grasp once he snapped back to reality. Heterochromatic gaze glanced upon the cream-colored molly about to trip forwards onto her face, which had happened in the mere seconds that he dared look away. Knowing her, she likely tripped on a stray pebble or a lone twig. Quickly, he positioned himself so that a sturdy shoulder and velvet wisps of fur hooked her instead of the cold, loamy ground. He tottered in his own step, as one did when unexpectedly catching a creature of their size. "Mousebrain. Watch where you're going." He hissed, though the vitriol that once soaked through his verses had dried up, for now. He pushed upwards, as gently as a beast of brimstone and thorn could, and aimed to at least orient her on her feet.

• @Honeysplash
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 22 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- The words of the ginger patched cat beside them made their ear twitch slightly. That had to have been the fourth time he’s said that or something or they weren’t keeping as well of track as they should. Chrysaliswing had been a big help in her walking again and she was almost back to being able to use it more. Though she was finding she would have a limp more than anything now but that was okay- she would get stronger with time! Surely right? The hope felt like it was dwindling slightly, but she tried to latch onto it as much as possible.

Mossy hues glanced up to the dark side face of the orange moon, he had been so kind to her lately. They didnt understand it very much either. He could’ve said no, he could’ve pushed her away and kept her away but yet each morning when they walked together it felt like he was pulling her closer. He had been the one to tell her she had abandoned the clan, she was a disgrace of a warrior- was that all lies now? They didnt want to ask in case that was the case.

They had been wondering close to the camp entrance and they found themselves staring at him. Waiting to see if he would look down at her, say something, or do anything. Though none of that came to light as Honeysplash felt her lame leg snag on a burr bush. She hadn’t been paying attention to what she was doing, again, and waited for the sharp pain of her chin hitting the ground. Stumbling forward, the cream warrior braced for impact with the ground- yet the dirt never filled her nose.

No, instead there was softness. Long fur, ebony in color, and harsh words hissed at her about watching it. Honeysplash felt her ears flame with embarrassment, flicking back against her head, and they pushed themselves back up with the help of Chrysaliswings’ push. The warrior adverted her gaze down to her paws in pure shame of nearly almost falling. They had been doing so good! Not falling over that is for the last few days.

Sorry! I-I wasnt looking” She stammered out quickly and shuffled her paws on the ground, “Thanks though- for catching me” Why though? Honeysplash looked at him with a round-eyed expression before seeming to think better of her words. She merely shook her head, dismissing anything she had wanted to say. Even though part of her curiosity wanted so badly to ask why. Why was he being so nice now?

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: CHRYSALISWING

"Don't mention it." A mutter rumbled from the chimaera's maw, as though it fell out ungracefully rather than wove itself with wool of vitriol and wire. He let out a heaving sigh as the weight of his... companion Honeysplash had been relieved. Heterochromatic gaze perched upon the owlish gaze of the other cat's, and daggered eyes softened if only for just a moment, as though steel blades had dull and abraded. Low thunder reverberated between wisps of flame and smoke pelt, though any anger that had made its nest before slowly migrated elsewhere. Where that anger had gone, he did not know, for the first time he knew. Seeping into the ground, dissolving into the air, as easily as the rain. He wasn't angry at them - short, perhaps, but he couldn't bring himself to be angry. As he stood up, any sort of mot or waspy wit had dissipated as soon as it tickled at his tongue. Whiskers twitched for a split second, until he turned a long stare to the meandering paths ahead.

"Where do you want to go, anyways? Don't say the Twolegplace. I'm not carrying you all the way over there." The rolling of the monsters on the asphalt Thunderpath sent rattles through his very brittle bones. The concrete jungle was almost like a completely alien world to him, with beasts of gangling, hairless legs and long, oblong eyes. Them and their twisted, groaning chariots would never garner his sympathy, no matter how much of his clanmates' hearts would be apparently won over. The clatter of the alleyways sank dread into his heart, and every moment spent there was a moment spent in intonations of fear. He would never take any cat there, no matter how much they begged. Besides, the journey there from the camp proved hard on the foot, even for an able-bodied feline such as he. "How about the Rockpile? That's not too far." He mewed, voice a tad gentler than usual - of a creature crafted of brimstone and bane, there was little difference.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 23 Moons
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Ears twitched ever so slightly, and the young warrior adverted their gaze downward for a moment. He was never good at accepting her words, but it would come in time right? She hoped so. It was strange, how she felt for Chrysalis. Sure all he had ever done was snap at her, call her names and the like- but he had heart deep down. Sure it was only ever seen in glimpses or in the form of less anger words- but it was something right? She didn’t know. Maybe she just felt bad for the tomcat because he didnt seem to have anyone in his corner.

Termitehum didnt seem to be around, and she hasn’t seen his dad either, and everyone deserved someone in their corner. Someone to care unconditionally about them even if they were stubborn and prickly to begin with. She didnt think she could change him, no that’d be silly and stupid, but she could at least be there when he needed someone most. Right? She hoped so. The young cream warrior was then asked where they’d like to go, and he suggested the Rock Pile. She gave a slight shrug of her shoulders in response- she didn’t know where to go to be honest. She felt like the forest was so foreign to her still that she couldnt even remember where else to go.

Rockpile sounds fine to me,” She eventually agreed, her tail flicking behind her and she glanced down at her paws. Something danced on the edges of her tongue, “Chrysaliswing?” She started with, soft and hesitant like a kit trying to ask their parent something they would say no too, “Do you think you could like- retrain me? I feel like I’ve lost my fighting skills and hunting abilities- it took my hours to even catch a freaking mouse! And you’re the best fighter and hunter i know

Though Honeysplash knew they she could’ve gone to anyone else, but she wanted to go to Chrys. Hes been her biggest help in recovery, her biggest support even if he didn’t like the position he was in. There was Greeneyes who was a lead warrior she could’ve gone to, or even her own sister but none of them seemed to want anything to do with her anymore. Her damage to relationship outweighed anything she could do to make it better. Suppose a year away would do that to a cat.

But i understand if you have better things to do,” Honeysplash spoke quietly and half expected to be told no, to be told she was stupid for suggesting something. Chrysaliswing had more important duties to the clan than her anyway, right?

• SPEECH
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    see battle info here

Chrysaliswing? Honeysplash's gentle voice, like velvet eiderdown of soft feather, graced his pointed ears. They said it as though they tiptoed around him, as though his rampage left nothing but sharp shards of glass and torn trifles of thorns in his wake. It was to be expected - not many cats said his name steeped in fondness or kindness. He had grown used to the hesitation, the pregnant pauses, though it did not bother him anymore. The snow-dipped warrior posited him retraining her to become a warrior once more, as though it were the pith of the fruit handed tender to rough-hewn hands. The question had gone without an answer to tether it, floating away into the space between them before he gave her a response. The pair ambled a little farther, whiskers twitching with the palpable energy of the Skyclan territory. Heterochromatic gaze shifted towards her, molded quickly in round and owlish shape, as though to silently ask her, Are you sure you want to trust me with this? Responsibility of such a personal nature did not often fly into his paws this way, and the fear of messing it all up weighed more mercurial than he ever wished to admit.

"I mean, I don't have better things to do." The chimaeric tom started, with his voice simmered lower than his usual vivacious vitriol, like the evening's last glows along the burning treeline. Flame-brushed pelt flitted along the gloom of the boughs, catching like blinks of light from the pall-veiled sun. It wasn't like anyone picked him first for anything. "I can do that for you. It's like being a mentor except my apprentice isn't as nearly annoying as an actual apprentice." A rumble of a laugh left his pitch-colored maw, an unusual sound to even come from the creature of brimstone and bale. The chuckle dissipated as soon as it came to fruition, easily missed if one did not tune their ears enough to the sound of the seemingly-impossible. "Do you mean it when you say I'm the best hunter and fighter you know?" He tilted his head as the two approached the Rockpile, training mismatched eyes elsewhere, like the dancing shadows of the pine forest or the restive clouds of the azure sky. It was his turn to ask his intimate question as if he were but a child beseeching warmth and comfort from the parents that afforded him naught.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- There was a small start to her chest, her heart skipped slightly in response to Chrysaliswing stating he didnt have anything better to do. He was- agreeing? Honeysplash didnt think she’d get this far and she floundered slightly with her words. Though thankfully he kept talking and her ears perked up right with surprise, “You called me annoying the other day! What do you mean-,” She mused teasingly to the tomcat. Though it was nice to hear that she wasnt as annoying as she felt about it.

Though excitement filled her chest and she gave a little bounce on her toes, “Thank you! I really do appreciate this, buggie,” She said happily. They came soon to the Rock Pile and she didnt remember how tall this pile of stones and boulders was. She wondered briefly if there was snakes in the rock pile at all and then was pulled from it quickly as her ebony friend asked her his own question.

The young warrior blinked a few times, her eyes going wide and round, and then she flushed that cause her fur to rise slightly. “Of course i mean it- you’re the strongest warriors I know and im related to Orangestar,” She said to him. Her voice was soft, sweet even and she gave a meek smile before adverted her gaze downwards.

They paused for a brief moment as they stood there, and then she made a quick move- Honeysplash briefly rubbed her head under his chin. They knew he wasn’t one for physical touch, so they made sure to move back a bit quickly and gave this big, cheesy smile, “LEts see if we can find any cool rocks! I wanna practice climbing!” She spoke hurriedly and quickly hobbled her way closer to the pile of rocks.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here

Fervid sigh escaped Chrysaliswing's maw at the nickname 'Buggie,' making him physically cringe by sending wintry shivers down his spine. They knew just how to get under his skin in the right way, like a warmth that overstayed its welcome for too long, or a thought that lingered a little too uncomfortably before its expiration. As if in the manner of the very sun, her light grazed upon Chrysalis even in the night. Honeysplash spoke to him so sweetly in her saccharine soughs, unlike the wiry and rusted speech of so many around him, as though they tired themselves just by being in his presence. She was kind to everyone, but even moreso to a wretch like him who had never warranted any sort of compassion. If one were to play the game of merit and 'deserving,' then the tomcat would have lost his chips long ago. He liked to believe that everything that Honey said was true, even if the most fervid and boiling parts of him vehemently rejected it, as lovelorn and lost as the other paper-delicate half was. Maybe she lied to him. Maybe she wanted something from him. Even beasts of brimstone and bale wanted to hear such niceties sometimes, even if they knew it to be untrue.

The pair approached the Rockpile, with the boulders standing eminent and almost encroaching on the good sunlight of vernal tide. The Skyclan warrior hadn't been here in quite a while, and heterochromatic gaze trailed along the jagged edges of the jutting rocks. His cream-colored companion hobbled away in her usual sprightly excitement, like the rapid rivers flowing into where the dam had kept it from, so eager to fill out the space that had been gifted to her now. Of course, an affable and cheery smile infested the snow-dappled molly. "Don't strain yourself! I'm not dragging you all the way back to Dawnglare and Fireflypaw." The chimaera followed with a shout, though did not stop her - only eyeing the shaded crevices where disaster hid, a bad omen hungering to transpire. He had lived his entire life waiting for something bad to happen, or anticipating misfortune where it did not stalk him. He glanced about for any slight shine of an adder's eye, any crack too large, any predator on the loose. Nothing, nothing yet. The tortoiseshell-hued tom climbed up on one rock with a smooth face looking towards the sky and waited for Honey to catch up, tail flicking aimlessly behind him.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- They had expected to be cursed at and told more mean things, but as they hobbled away from him- he merely called to not hurt herself. That he wasnt going to drag her back to Dawnglare and Fireflypaw. They couldnt help but let this loud laugh leave their maw and they breathed heavily, pausing for a moment to catch their breath, “How can i get better if i dont push the limits!” She questioned back stubbornly. Though the urge to stick her tongue out at him was strong, she bit it down instead and smiled.

Of course, he was faster than they were with his four working legs. Chrysaliswing climbed up onto a rock before they got to it as they had to stop for breath. Honeysplash though had kept going and stood at the base of the smooth face rock. A simple jump, something so simply a kit could do it but they had not tried jumping in sometime. So who knows how this was going to go.

The cream warrior huffed a bit and furrowed their brow, before then bunching up their legs even if the motion caused a stiff pain to run up their thigh. Honeysplash then hopping onto the rock, having to use her claws to balance herself on the smooth surface and she grinned widely. She at least got this far! Then looked up at the rocks higher up, and scrambled upwards once more with a small strained noise.

They wanted to get above Chrys, and then crouched at the edge of the stone boulder to lower her head down to him with a giggle, “Tag! Youre it!” They crowed playfully and took a paw to playfully touch his head then quickly scrambled away. Though she knew she wasnt going to get very far very fast- she still thought it was stupid fun. Something to lighten the world around them cause it seemed so heavy lately.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here

Another groan escaped his night-hued maw, like a funnel of smoke through the pipe of his throat, though at this point the chimaera exhumed only fumes rather than breath. Trained ears would be pleasantly surprised at the lack of bitterness within his sighs, as if they had been shed as easily as snakeskin for this moment alone. For a beast burdened by his own bane, taking off those shackles and those irons was harder than he thought, for without them he would expose his peach skin and sanguine wound. He would, in the deepest pits of his roiling self, admit that it was nice to do so for once. The sunlight billowed along a wispy pelt as he stood upon a rock face, much quicker than his compatriot's stumbling gait, like a shadow of a serpent that knew the ins and outs of all the Rockpile's casted shades. He didn't often have the chance to come here, and he reveled in the tranquility, however fleeting and momentary it seemed in the whirlwind of warrior life. He didn't mind sharing his space with Honey, either. Though she strained at her new mobility, as if her legs were completely new to her, Chrysaliswing waited. For seemingly the first time in his life, restless paws did not scatter themselves trying to pick up the pieces of himself. Visage grew easy, and what fur and teeth usually raised in hellish manner now lie flatteend, as a face once strained in ire now relaxed itself.

"Good jo-" Rumbles containing a speckle of a semblance of pride bubbled from his mouth next, but not before heterochromatic gaze stared at the cream-colored feline who now stood above his stony perch. How quickly had she gotten up there, and how had she done so without him noticing? Perhaps he had dazed off again, the miasma of stupor hitching his attention before releasing it as freely as it came. She tapped the crown of his head, a simple graze of a gentle paw, much more tender than most of the venom-fraught words and bristled hackles he usually received. Strangely, he did not hate it. Mismatched eyes blinked, almost incredulously, in the genteel nature of a butterfly's paper-thin flutters. (If he were being generous, it was the kindest way any cat of his clan had regarded him. Not with fear or with hesitation or with resentment, but with a gesture without ulterior ornamentation. That fact inwardly startled him the most.) The chimaera-coated warrior quickly scaled the Rockpile before placing down a velvet-soft paw on Honeysplash's tail, aiming to hold her down with a trained yet restless clemency of his own. "Now, you're it." He meowed before scrambling down the scree-like pile of rocks.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- A bubble of giggles escaped the young warrior as they tried to get away quickly from her otherwise dark-coated companion. Of course, her attempts were futile as she felt a paw trap their tail though it was a gentle touch. This made Honeysplash erupt into laughter like no other and she slipped slightly on the rock from his movement. She turned in time to see him scramble down the Rockpile and she grinned stupidly in excitement.

She had always loved to play. It was her favorite pass time and for a moment it felt like nothing had changed. Like a year hadn’t passed since they last saw one another. That she had been gone at all. For the first time in a long time she felt accepted, felt like things were normal again. It made her heart swell and her tail waved behind her happily, before she too carefully picked her way down the rocks.

Though once she touched the grass and tried to run after the tomcat yet her lame leg didnt really like that all that much. Honeysplash ended up tripping on her leg and it sent her tumbling into a patch of long grass. She blinked a few times in surprise before popping back up and laughing at her own clumsiness.

The cream warrior scrambled from the patch of grass and chased after Chrysaliswing regardless, “No fair you have all working legs!” She crowed with joy and giggled to herself.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here

Chrysaliswing's childhood had not been remarked by this carefree, unbridled show of playfulness (and of weakness, he might jut in). The chimaeric-coated tom felt as though he were a flimsy doll made of cullet and temper, like his parents had left him incomplete out of their sheer incompetence and clumsy hands. He had always felt as though he did not belong, even among the misfits and mishaps, like his frame had been too broken even for them. He could never recall having friends who wants to play with him, or even wanting such relationships. Perhaps the young boy had decided, early on, that anger would be the only thing to remain after ripping himself to ribbons. Moiled and marred by a father who did nothing but spit poison from his fangs, he had hardly played even with his own brood at a kit's age. His ire was his blade, striking at any who dared to come too close, drawing forth sanguine and salt-stained tear. It was the only way he knew to defend himself from the mortifying ordeal of being understood, of being lesser than the cornered animal poised high and hurried. But as Honeysplash erupted into a rather infectious fit of laughter, the Skyclan warrior felt a smile pane upon half-toned countenance, as easy as the sunrise waking and splaying against all that it could grab for. Do I really make you that happy? Or is it the idea of me that makes you happy? Either way, he liked it. He liked being around her, he liked frolicking around with her like they were two bumbling adolescent apprentices without a care in the world. For a moment, he was not who he was, but who Honeysplash made him be.

Heart skipped a beat as the cream-colored cat tripped on practically nothing, and the temptation to shout at her for being such a stupid dolt and for scaring him bubbled within silken throat. He froze as they tumbled into the shrouds of long grass, swallowing her up for just a moment, and Chrysaliswing worried that it had truly consumed her. His wrath pulsed through him like red-hot liquid, like his blood that flowed through wiry veins, though quickly did it simmer and sully. What anger threatened to rush out of him haywire and rough-hewn did not, and he forced his hackles down as if he were physically settling and baying this beast that brewed just as his breaths within him did. She was fine, and she appeared out of the patches as chipper as a little songbird of the morning. Thank Starclan you're okay. Now, glint-furred feline raced away from her, using his all four working legs to his advantage. Heterochromatic gaze glanced occasionally back at the cheery ball of sunshine that rolled after him, and he let out a sheepish chuckle of his own. "Bet you can't catch me." He mewed as he kept circling around the Rockpile.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Playing had always been something Honeysplash loved to do. Ever since she was a kit she would play with Cloudberry, Blueberry and her older sisters. Sometimes their mom or dad would join in too but they were older so they didnt tend to do it too much. They could recall jumping on Orangestars’ back all the time and batting at her ears, making her mad. Or when Alice would find them new toys to play with like string, paper or something like an actual toy. Hell, they had even tried to play with Quillstrike when they had been apprentices, but duties had taken over that more than they thought.

The striking differences between herself and Chrysaliswing childhood was something they never really thought on. They had never really met Dragonfly, maybe seen him around camp a few times before she left, but he had never seemed like a good cat. Though she never got an up close introduction to him and she was sort of happy about that. If Chrys was the byproduct of his father, she’d hate to see who the original one was. Regardless, they could see the softening of the brindle tomcat and it made her so happy.

All they had wanted to do was see Chrysaliswing smile, see him laugh and enjoy himself. Even if it was saved for only them when they were alone, that was okay! She’d rather him be comfortable about her as progress was progress right?

Honeysplash watched as the tomcat circled the Rock Pile again, and she was starting to breathe a little heavily due to the strain on her leg but her stubbornness said otherwise. Pushing herself a little more, the young cream and white warrior made herself run across the grass with all four paws instead of the quick limping she had been doing. “I will catch you, you big butthole!” She exclaimed with laughter on her lips.

They sprinted as fast as their legs would let him though stopping was another thing entirely it seemed. They had managed to get closer to Chrysaliswing but- they skid on the grass and collided with the tomcat.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here

Usually, Chrysaliswing would have told Honeysplash off at how... casually she called him a 'butthole.' As the two frolicked around like twin flames capering and cavorting about, the temptation of venom slowly lifted from its nest upon his tongue. It was not often that poison left his side, as though it were the blade glued to his hip, a familiar weapon to fall back upon when he found himself in a corner. He drank it in, he breathed it out, he lived in it. But now? His anathema had abandoned him, and he was more afraid of that than he should have been. This must be what trust is like. Though their spoken exchanges had been short, like young dawn's badinage between the songbirds, there was an unsaid sort of thread tangling the two together. Hesitation branded him beneath the purls of his pelt, and yet he had allowed the flame-brushed wounds to heal, or at least hid them underneath the shadows cast by his uncurling frame. The cream-colored cat laughed so easily with him (and not at him, as he had discerned at an embarassingly long time since they had first met), scherzando and playful in the way she regarded him, like she hadn't a care in the entire world. How do I become like that?, the thought bubbled into his head, and popped into oblivion just as briskly. How do you live without disappointment? The two were one in the same. To be alive was to be let down, for he was born of the earth and not of the breeze.

He hadn't been looking where he was putting his paws, and soon his companion crashed into him with all of their weight, as clumsy yet as flippant as jocose springtide. With a yelp, Chrysalis lost his footing and rolled onto the grass, and he had grown lambent for a few moments. Wet dirt lapped at his fur, usually so carefully and attentively groomed, but had grown frazzled and fray in the midst of their play. Then, a laugh erupted from his mouth, though he hadn't anticipated it being so loud and so carefree, like he had been holding in his breath until the infectious esprit of Honeysplash had drawn it out of his stagnant throat. He exhaled without that disappointment, and ironically it had felt like the heaviest thing he had ever expelled out of him. Heterochromatiz gaze turned to her, round and owlish as though he were not the jaded man that he knew himself to have been. "You're so clumsy. You're lucky that you have me around to take your falls for you." She's not lucky to have you around. But, you can pretend she is. Just for now.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons

• Love
Reactions: wolfie

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Rolling in the grass they went and as soon as they were able to, the young cat sat up with round eyes, “[color=#33ec25f]I am so sorry! Oh my stars[/color]” They stammered out as they had expected to be yelled at. To be told they were dumb and should be more careful around things. There was a million and one possibilities of what the grumpy tomcat could do to him and they wanted to make up for it quickly. They didnt want to ruin what good they had going on so quickly and wanted-

Then he laughed.

An actual noise that left his mouth and made her blink a few times like she’d just experienced sound for the first time. It was a loud sound and made her pelt flame with heat suddenly. Like it was something she’d been waiting on for years now and finally, after so much hard work, she got what she wanted. They had managed to get the brimstone cat to actually let out something so carefree and sweet. She couldnt help the genuine smile that plastered across her mouth, reaching her mossy green eyes for the first time on a long time.

I am always lucky to have you, Chrys” She assured him happily and reached out a paw to playfully push on his shoulder from where they laid on the ground, “What would i do without you? Probably perish to hitting a tree or rolling off a cliff” She gave a giggle at the thought but she was hoping once she got her leg working better, she’d be able to not be so clumsy. It would just take a few months of work to get things up and running, literally, again.

Regardless, Honeysplash was having so much fun. This was the side the others’ never got to see of him. The side that could laugh, could smile, could be so sweet to her and do so much in just little gestures. The warrior softened her gaze a little and moved to crawl over to him before laying beside him to look up at the sky through the tree. Then she pointed with a cream front paw, “Look! That clouds looks like a mouse,”

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 29 moons.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike // Crushing on; Flora and Chrysaliswing
    see battle info here

I am always lucky to have you, Chrys. A paw softly nudged at his shoulder, and for the first time did Chrysaliswing find himself going mealy-mouthed, like sharp verses melted to glue and grime to the insides of his mouth. No cat had ever said something like that to him, not even remotely. Perhaps the closest thing that had ever been uttered as praise to him was of him doing a great job at an instructed task, though that was moreso transactional than unconditional. This wholehearted display of compassion from Honeysplash disconcerted the chimaeric warrior, at first, like there was something terribly wrong with the molly to see the beauty in these horrors. He hadn't a clue what he did to warrant it, but perhaps he did not need to work for such a thing that came free to the fortunate. The half-toned tom flashed her a close-lipped smile, though it came upon his visage more as a whisper than a prideful curve, for such emotions of ease and pleasure rarely took roost upon his jagged crevices. Joy, unfettered and unraveling, rarely made a home in him. Today, it hesitantly rested itself upon angular features. Heterochromatic gaze stared back at mossy-hued gaze, like he would be able to weave through honeyed colors and gentle light and see how she truly, genuinely thought of him. How do you see me? Not as this terrible, unforgivable monster... But as someone worth talking to? Is that all I need from you, to see past myself?

He turned his once-narrowed gaze upwards, to the culminating clouds that appeared like fluffs of cotton, sheep's wool gone awry in the sky. He had never stopped to notice it for what it was worth, but the impassable blue was quite gorgeous. The horizons spanned onwards and onwards, past the nettle-toothed jaws of the pines and past where the tired sun retreated every evening. "Yeah, it kind of does." He nodded, though eyes squinted as he attempted to pick out any notable shape within the great masses of white, as if a grand secret would be revealed in the untamed spools of silk and fleece. How did others see beyond what was in front of them? Maybe they just improvised it, just as he had been doing his entire life. In that sense, it was moreso a test of the imagination than that of keen sight. "Uh, that one looks like... A lizard falling into a tree covered in sap?" He pointed to one rather jumbled-looking cloud, though if one focused hard enough, they, too, could see his hamfisted vision. He never claimed to be good at cloud-watching.

• fuck it i need my happy chrysnana fix that takes place before the Events(tm)
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons

• Love
Reactions: wolfie

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- They moved closer to the tomcat as they looked up into the sky beyond the tree tops. They had been blissfully unaware of the others’ staring at her and then blinked when he agreed that it sort of did look like a mouse. There was an eruption of giggles from them as he then mentioned something of the clouds looking like a lizard on a tree with sap. Quite the imaginative thing to see since from here she couldnt rightly see what he was pointing at.

Oh i see what you mean! I can see the lizard and tree- is sap visible or clear?” She asked with a genuinely curious tone to her voice as she swept her tail behind her. Then the young warrior turned to look up at Chrysaliswing for a brief moment before this devilish idea sprouted in her mind. She didnt even try to use the clouds as a distraction- it just sort of happened with her one tracked mind.

Honeysplash then playfully put her front paws on Chrysaliswings’ shoulder, “I caught you! Ha!” She mused before tumbling into a fit of laughter at her own silly actions. Then she removed her paws and her laugh filtered into giggles and she grinned widely, “Totally on accident too1” She snickered and nudged him a bit before looking back up at the sky.

The blue was filling with clouds more and more, and they then wondered out loud, “Do you see the weird cat face?” They gestured with a cream tipped paw up at the clouds once more and then turned to him with a unserious, furrowing of her brow.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 29 moons.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike // Crushing on; Chrysaliswing and Flora
    see battle info here