FUTURE IS WAITING, THERE FOR THE TAKING - intro / joining

Cloudy paws of a cream-furred she-cat grow wary with each step she takes. One step further into the moorlands before her means one step further that she strays from her home within the farmlands, and one step further away from her old life.

Was she truly ready for this? To throw all that she knew away, all for a curiosity for what was beyond the fence?

Perhaps she wasn't ready for this. Perhaps Goose was right in telling her that the farm had 'everything they needed' - food, shelter, stability, and so forth. The cream colored molly wasn't so sure she'd find much of that out here, in vast, open fields - just about empty for as far as yellow-green eyes could see.

But, she'd already come so far! She couldn't just, turn back! No, she had to prove to her father that she could do this, that she could live a life without the farm and all it provides! Besides, Chicken didn't think she could handle one more day of watching the chickens, of being awoken by that dastardly rooster's scream of a call.

And the wanderers that always came to visit, they did just fine on their own, didn't they? Why couldn't Chicken do the same?

So, with a second wind of determination, she presses onward - further into the moorlands, towards a life of freedom she'd always dreamt of. A life of freedom she'd hopefully find, despite being unaware of those who had found it first.

Last edited:

Leaving everything behind to try something new he can relate to. To taste the differences of the world yeah he gets it. Rather by force from outside influenced or by choice he is here himself to see where this path will take him. He has never thought about joining a group until now, coming up to them in the dead of night and see what this Windclan was about. It's different. Strange even but as time passes he is learning things about them. As he takes a walk along a path he has treaded too many times to count the tom pauses as he hears something. His muzzle twitches and he scents the farmland, the scent mingling with fresh hay. It's one he knows and so he makes his way forward with the thought that maybe it's one of those horses.

But instead of finding a horse he finds a cat. His eyes widen slightly in a bit of surprise before he chuckles lightly, friendly smile pulling up his long fangs. "Hey there, what brings you to the moorlands? You need something? I'm Roost by the way and these are Windclan's hunting grounds."

The way she jumps in surprise at the sound of a stranger's voice is enough to prove that Chicken lives up to her name.

Pelt sticking up on end, yellow-green eyes meet the blue gaze belonging to black and white fur - a friendly face, if it weren't for overgrown fangs sticking out.

"WindClan...?" she repeats, confusion brought on by the feline's words. She tries to recall ever hearing about a 'WindClan' from the wanderers that would pass through, but the name doesn't bring any sort of familiarity with it. Perhaps that was what the wanderers called themselves? But, how could each and every passersby forget to mention such a thing? If she was now a wanderer too, did that mean she was also a part of WindClan? She must be, right? Is that how this all worked?

Was this the freedom she'd been looking for?

"Oh!" she speaks suddenly, eyes brightening in an effort to make it look like she was meant to be here, that she hadn't been stumbling along the moorlands for who knows how long, "Yes, that WindClan! My name is Chicken, and I've come to join your... your clan!"

Last edited:

bT1YiAw.png
He's following Roost today, because he developed a liking to the new tom in the clan very quickly. It was nice having another cat with a more relaxed and laidback demeanor and he trotted along after the older WindClanner with a hop to his steps, trailing behind to thrust his nose into every niche and hollow they happened across. He wasn't even sure if Roost knew he was tagging along on this little expedition or not given how often he fell behind to bat a paw at an unfamiliar plant. Since hearing from Honeytwist that the flower he was named after was useful for healing he'd developed a newfound respect for plants and an intrigue to know more. Could they do other things? Could he eat a daisy and talk to rabbits? Scarf down a cattail reed and be able to swim like a RiverClanner? The possibilities were endless, as was his imagination, so when he hurried to catch up to the monochromatic feline he nearly barreled right into the back of his legs in excitement before catching himself.
"Beggin' yer pardon, Roost! Who've we got 'ere?" Leaning around the taller cat he grins through the wheat leaf between his teeth and prances forward with boundless enthusiasm, "Ah'm Dandelion! Chicken's yer name? You must be from near the barns then!" Chickens were what he liked to call the forbidden snack. Tasty fellows, but often times it got you in trouble messing with them so most barn cats knew to mind their own business. "Me an' Pa used to live in one! I don't reckon why you can't join!" The more the merrier right? Despite Sootstar's dislike of his fellow ex-barn cats he was sure it was fine. More paws meant more help around. His mismatched eyes glanced to Roost expectantly because he figured the older tom, despite his newness, might be more familiar with border protocol than him. He hadn't gotten to go on many yet!

Untitled253-20220815165307.png

I WANT SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS

It was pretty commonplace for cats to show up on the border looking to join, this Dusk had learned quickly enough after joining the ranks himself. At first the situations had made him uncomfortable, mainly because h hadn't quite been sure what his role in the group even was as a cat that was consider less than a warrior due to his background, but as the weeks rolled by the routine had become familiar, until Dusk almost expected to see cats when he went out patrolling. The moors were just a popular place it turned out, and he was slowly growing accustomed to being a part of it now.

"It's ultimately up to our leader, Sootstar, if you can stay or not."[/b] Dusk explained, adding onto Dandelions words. "But she's been accepting a lot of cats lately, so you might be in luck." he said, offering a small but encouraging smile in the shecats direction. Sootstar understand the power of strength in numbers, and while she was a demanding shecat who didn't allow any nonsense from the outsiders who joined, she'd proven to be quite open minded so far when it came to filling their ranks. "I'll go get her." he said, turning to fetch the smokey shecat.

windclan warrior - male - 17 months - homosexual - polyamorous - single - tall, strong bengal tomcat

@SOOTSTAR

It takes everything for Chicken to not shrink back into her pelt as more new faces come along.

The first, a younger tom, declares himself a former barn cat. Chicken's eyes brighten at this. If barn cats were welcome in this... this WindClan, surely Chicken would be allowed in! The tom, Dandelion, even says so himself!

"Oh yes," Chicken tells him with an affirming nod, "I live in one too! Er.... Lived in one. I left." Her ears flatten at her misuse of words, at her unnecessary explanation in an attempt to fix her mistake. But she isn't able to dwell on it long, before another new face appears.

He explains that her acceptance into WindClan is down to their leader, Sootstar. The wanderers had a leader? How silly. Chicken isn't sure why any of this wasn't explained to her, with the many times a wanderer has passed through the farmlands.

"That's okay! I can wait!" she says, trying to be reassuring - mainly to herself, as nerves begin to rise. What if this Sootstar of theirs didn't let her in? Then what?

Last edited:

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

With Dusk fetching her, Sootstar would return with the Bengal tom to lay eyes on a stranger. Dusk had done his best to (presumably) catch her up on what had occurred on the scene, who this cat was, informing the leader that he wished to join. Chicken is his name, like those large white birds the twolegs keep...

"If you're like the other barn cats we have... you can hunt and fight. So long as you can pledge your loyalty to us, I don't see why not." She shrugs, mostly indifferent for the time being.

//SORRY LAME POST !!! my muse is a lil burnt out for joining but I wanted to get something asap out so you know you can begin to post c:

The wait feels like seasons, but Chicken knows it's only her nerves making it feel that way, because soon enough, the one they call 'Sootstar' approaches.

Chicken doesn't know if she's meant to be relieved at the leader's appearance, but knows she feels intimidated by the blue smoke molly before her.

And yet, as intimidating as she looks, Sootstar still accepts Chicken into WindClan. So long as she can hunt, and fight. Chicken knows she can hunt, but fighting isn't quite something she's done. Actually, no. She's forgotten the times she's had to ward off any danger from the chickens back home, back at the barn. Did that count as fighting? She wasn't sure.

But she bows her head to the blue smoke anyway, a pledge of loyalty following.

Her life of freedom awaits.

Last edited: