Genetics Check

Chérie

tired daydreamer
Oct 22, 2022
Alright, I've been at this for a few hours now, but essentially, I at one point had genetics for a family that I have since misplaced and/or deleted, (who knows its been years!) but it was for a family that started out with a LH red classic tabby tom with over 50% white who was a carrier for a whole lot of things. Its been so long that I cant remember what he can carry for the greatest amount of pelt diversity possibilities in his children.

depending on what color the red is masking; he can carry chocolate OR cinnamon if masking black or brown tabby, and he can carry cinnamon if masking chocolate or chocolate tabby! or he can mask cinnamon or cinnamon tabby and carry none of the above! if he's masking tabby, he can carry solid. he can carry dilute no matter what he is masking! he can also carry point OR burmese restriction!

In my tiredness i forgot to mention that he is a pure Norwegian, which i believe affects his ability to produce the amber gene as well?? But this helps a lot!

OH yes, he can carry the amber gene, since it is recessive! HOWEVER due to how the amber gene is only present in purebred norwegian forest cats, any future litters will not display the amber gene unless the dam is also a purebred norwegian forest cat with that gene! (which is highly unlikely, as all purebreds must come from a kittypet background!)