private GHOST GONE MISSING &. scalejaw

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

"sorry for getting your name wrong."

chilledstar's dull gaze moved towards the silhouette that stood at the entrance of their den. they had finally gotten the stench of sickness out, after changing their nest and grooming their unkempt fur. that had to be the worst part about being sick... aside from dying. they could have done without that.

"thought i heard you outside my den when i... sorry you had to hear that. clearly wasn't in my right mind."

they licked their sore paw with a wince, looking up at scalejaw with a raise of their brow.

"don't worry. i can still kick your ass. sprained paw, or not."

@scalejaw

———————————she/her | menacing ——————————
Scalejaw had ascended to their den as soon as possible. Ears twitched as she stood at the mouth of the den, burning vision pointed inside towards her leader. Even as hair-raising as their words were, and a sharp reminder at that, a tiny grin found her muzzle.

In Smogmaw's absent, perhaps she could be considered akin to Chilledstar's shadow. One that they hadn't asked for, and Scalejaw hadn't volunteered in word. Action was different, she supposed- and hovering near the mouth of the den while they lost a life was par for the course here. She spoke softly, moving interior. "Right, surely. I'll believe that when I see it happen." Scalejaw spoke softly, unsure of how Chilledstar was feeling at this exact moment.

"Do not apologize. I just wish you would have waited a bit longer to give that meeting." Scalejaw admitted, sitting nearby- not too close, as to not make them uncomfortable. Scalejaw was unsure of where Geckoscreech was, but that mattered little at this instant. "... I do have a question to ask, if you'll allow it." Her tone had quickly grown serious, the look in her eye making it unfortunately obvious that she had a grievance with his decision.

"yuh"
[penned by dallas].

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

the leader's brows furrowed with a rough swallow. nothing lights up in their gaze at the sound of scalejaw wishing to ask a question. they practically know what it is, but they can't even be bothered to say that much. they address her other statement, first, with a huff.

"i was delusional, not weak. i got through the thing, didn't i?"

barely. their own mind adds and they simply roll their eyes before sighing heavily.

"sure. ask your questions. what is it that you're scolding me about now?"

it's not hard to tell. everyone else had a problem with it already but what was done was done. the tom at least deserved a trial and if he messed up, then... he would simply be removed from the rank.

———————————she/her | menacing ——————————
Scalejaw's head cocked as they threw small aggravations back at the she-cat, but it wasn't unusual to her. Her ears twitched and rotated, shifting her paws gently before she spoke again, vision cast down towards Chilledstar. "You were nearly falling over and near everyone was concerned. That's why I brought it up, but fine, you got through it." Her tone sounded very bored, but she moved forward with a little less contempt.

"Why Granitepelt." It was less a question, and more a demand begging answers- not in an authoritative kind of way, but perhaps more desperate for an explanation she knew she may never get. Not a clear one, anyways.

"yuh"
[penned by dallas].