GOLDEN HOUR [gift]

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - It had taken her a day or so, but she was finally getting around to it.
Tucked under her nest lay five shells, all mainly white, except for a dazzling blue one, similar to the rivers aqua hue.
Careful not to crush them, Azzie swept them up, rolling them onto a rather large leaf for safe carrying, and heading out in search for their soon-to-be own, Mud.
The tom had shown her kindness on her first day here, and if her grandmothers teaching taught her anything, it was that kind gestures should be met with the same effort.
I miss her.
She shrugs the sharp pang away as quickly as the thought had come to mind.
In a sea of primarily silvery and pale coats, Mud is easy to spot with his earthy pelt. She waves her tail in the air, a hoping to catch his attention. Whether the gesture worked or not, she would make her way towards him, nudging him with a paw of his attention was still not captured before gently setting the leafy bundle at his paws.
❝ Thank you for the feathers, and the warm welcome. ❞ She’d say casually, but low enough so that only the other would be able to hear her thank-you. Despite her nonchalant tone, gratitude glimmered in her azure hues.

[ Please wait for @MUD ]
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES

// SO sorry this is late! It got lost in my notifs!

Mud spotted the young she-cat approaching, and offered her a wide grin in greeting as she drew closer. Tail waggling in a friendly manner, he watched as she put down a leaf to reveal several beautiful shells from the riverbed. The chocolate tom's eyes glittered with surprise before he glanced back up at her, ears pricking to catch her murmured words. His smile returned in an instant and he gave a chuckle before sitting down. "Hey, I'm just glad someone could use them! These are great, Azalea - I'll bring them to Ice to decorate her den with!" She was due to give birth soon, and he was sure the kits would appreciate growing up surrounded by beauty! After admiring the shells for another moment, he fixed the youth with one more grin, "Thanks! Say, you're right around my daughter's age. Have you met her? Lily?" He tilted his head, still beaming cheerily. How great would it be if his daughter could make a friend here in their new home?
"speech"

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - For a moment, Azzie’s eyes glimmered with satisfaction as the tom seemed pleased with her gesture, the validation sending electricity lacing through her veins.
He talks of bringing them to his mate, and Azzie vaguely remembers the calico queen.
There it is again, that pang. My baby siblings, how old are they now?
Yet, the toms next inquiry brings her wistful thoughts to an abrupt stop.
You’re Lily’s dad? ❞ She blurts out, usually slitted shaped eyes widening in surprise for a mere second before she composed herself, she wasn’t about to tell Mud her thoughts on his child. ❝ Uhm.. yes we’ve met, she seems very kind ❞ Azalea answers, a small truth behind her words. Despite their direct interactions, Azalea could not help that the molly had begun to catch her gaze from afar, helping the older cats with chores, playing with the kits, Lily truly did seem like a sweet cat- despite her knack for thievery.
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES