GOOD FOR THE PLOTLINE // windclan patrol

OLIVESHADE

please don't leave me alone
Oct 27, 2022
dat62hj-b1dd608f-c48c-4126-a426-93dceb594726.png

Her lip curled as they got close to the border, eyes rolling as she turned back to the patrol she was supposed to be leading. 'Surely I don't seem like the leaderly or babysitter type?' Oliveshade thinks, flickering over to see that everyone was close and paying attention. "Alright! You guys know the drill, don't give me any headaches and by whatever bullshit plan the dead have in store, don't give the boss lady any headaches".

It sounds blindly loyal enough, little soldier falling in line. Anyone who had even a hair of knowledge on what Olive was like {which wasn't many}, would know she was just trying to avoid more work. The work of keeping grown ass cats from acting like weaning kits over some harebrained attempts at passing the damn time. "Remember, the sooner we get done, the sooner we can leave."

//you can post before the windclanners, this is just a routine patrol!

da3irrh-8058b79f-0792-4930-a05a-84191b6e9260.gif

The smell of the moors drifted to Flycatcher's nose. On his own patrol, he approached from the ThunderClan side of the border, keeping his distance at first. Like many in his clan, he was wary of WindClan and their leader. Sootstar's behaviour at the gatherings and treatment towards both Emberstar and Blazestar was shameful, to say the least. Still, at least the WindClan leader and her warriors hadn't sauntered over the border making demands as Pitchstar had. That was certainly an improvement.

"Greetings, WindClan!" Flycatcher called out, as he emerged through a bush. The lead warrior's gaze flickered over the WindClan cats in turn. "Is the prey running well on the moors?" He would inquire politely.

( ) Flamewhisker's cheery demeanor faded as the fresh smell of heather grew stronger. She followed Flycatcher, emerging from the undergrowth, and came to stand beside him. Windclan and Shadowclan were the two clans she distrusted the most. Pitchstar was completely unstable, and while she hadn't personally met Sootstar, the rumors of the prickly leader were enough to keep her on edge. While Flycatcher greeted them friendly, the orange tabby would smile but remain silent. She couldn't think of anything else to say, unless they were to continue the conversation.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

dat62hj-b1dd608f-c48c-4126-a426-93dceb594726.png

She'd actually hoped to avoid any other patrols today to keep the stress to a minimum, but it would seem today is not her day.

Oliveshade turns, taking in the two Thunderclanners she could see for the time being with an appraising eye. 'Quite...close, those two.' She hums as the thought comes to her mind, trying to keep the wry smile off her face. "Probably runs better than anything in your forest, considering there's no thicket to trip it." The molly chuckles, saying and revealing nothing with her little joke. She wonders distantly, if these two brats have learned to talk circles from their elders before they grew up, or if they would show naiveite in their responses. "Has Thunderclan grown their roots yet? Or has something gone digging?"

Its a backhanded question, but nothing that would get anyone in too much of a tizzy. Something that could be moved on from even if fur began fluffing.

da3irrh-8058b79f-0792-4930-a05a-84191b6e9260.gif

COLDPAW-1.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Coldsnap didn't trust the other clans, plain and simple. Most of them were filled with deserters from the marsh land, traitorous cats that had ruined his home by abandoning it, and he couldn't imagine having to rely on them for anything meaningful. Briar hadn't even tried to stop it, making her as bad as any other cat in his book. His decision to leave with Soot to live on the moors had been based solely on the fact that the shecat was strict and no-nonsense, certaintly less likely to allow her followers to pull such acts of disloyalty.

And really, at the end of the day that's why most cats didn't like her. Sootstar didn't wear the face of a cheerful pushover who wanted to make everyone and their mother happy. She was more concerned with keeping the wheels turning and the clan strong, and she didn't tolerate disrespect from her cats. She could be harsh with her judgement sometimes, but it wasn't as if she were some unhinged lunatic. Coldsnap, for example, had never been touched or hounded by her once in his entire career in Windclan, and neither had the majority of his clanmates. Why? Because they didn't go looking for trouble. It was as simple as that. You didn't have to like your boss to do your job after all, and if you disrespected them then there wer consequences- Soots were just a little harsher than most. And that wasn't to say the shecat wasn't flawed because she certainly was, but Cold seemed more willing to tolerate those flaws in order to reap the benifits.

The massive gray tabby followed along behind Oliveshade, muscle relaxed as it shifted beneath his pelt with each stride. Border patrols were typically uneventful, particularly along the Thunderclan border. The forest-dwellers were among the more amiable groups, and usually if hostility wasn't offered than it wasn't returned. This thought seemed to prove true when a patrol slipped from the brush on the opposite side to greet them, and Coldpaw would narrow his eyes at Oliveshades backhanded response.

"The preys running fine." Coldsnap offered, and while there was no cheerful smile of welcome sat upon his maw, the words weren't unkind. Just neutral. "And yourself?"

windclan warrior - male - 9 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes