camp good luck and bon voyage! } gifts for journey cats, retro to the gathering

pinekit

i wish i could stand without stumbling
Aug 31, 2023

tags. ↟↟↟ Kits like him couldn’t go on a big journey away from home. A lot of Shadowclanners had to stay behind, even if they wanted desperately to help. Their hope for the future grew in the mountains at the end of a trail mapped by StarClan. So, for the ShadowClan left behind, hope rested in the heroic cats that had assigned themselves to the mission to bring it back. Hope had grown more and more in Pinekit with each passing day following the announcement of a cure that would soon be delivered by the journeying cats.

He sought out what little he could do. His kind heart landed on a simple going-away gift. He didn’t want his clanmates leaving to forget the ShadowClan waiting back home. And so, he found the sympathetic molly, Lilacfur’s help. Together they had come up with a suitable gift idea. Egret feathers from the birds that lined the boggy swamps of ShadowClan’s territory. The feathers had a lighter colored base that faded to a pretty grey-blue color. Pinekit liked them very much.

He sat next to Lilacfur and he pressed his small body to her side for a moment in comfort and excitement. ”I hope they like our gift,” he mewed to her. For a moment he paused and lifted his head to Lilacfur. He half hoped she’d make the announcement for the journeying cats to come see. He felt nervous to raise his voice to the clan and present the gift himself. ”Can you call them over? I can try,” he mewed, lowering his ears apologetically. In front of him and Lilacfur were several egret feathers picked individually by his and the light furred warrior’s paws. The biggest, best, and most beautiful feathers sat before them.

”Um, Smogmaw, Shappaw, Neddledrift… Magpiepaw… Clearheart and Honeyjaw,” he took a breath. The list seemed so long when spoken from his mouth.. ”We have some gifts for you. So, so you won’t forget us while you’re away!”

//@lilacfur, no need to wait for Liliac to post first though. this is open.
this is obs retro to the journey cats leaving!

Wheatpaw wished she could share in Pinekit’s optimism, but the autumn-hued apprentice was infected not with yellowcough, but sullen acceptance. In the Somali lookalike’s mind, she had already left Shadowclan. Such a thought made her very sad indeed, but duty outweighed it. Still, the she-cat still possessed her love of kits, and would not endeavor to dampen the mood of Pinekit’s ceremony with her own hangups.

Wheatpaw sat gracefully beside Pinekit, the tail which gave the girl her name wrapped neatly around her paws, hiding their quaking. A small, nostalgic smile crossed autumn features as the squeaking voice beside her rattled off names (she even smiled for Smogmaw, despite her best efforts to form an annoyed frown). It was a strange feeling, knowing that this was the last time she would see these cats. Well, the wanderer supposed that was a risk taken whenever someone walked out of sight, but her case was different.

All anyone would see would be a small shake of a sunset-dappled head as Wheatpaw tried to clear her thoughts. “You are all very brave,” she began, speaking only so she wouldn’t have to think. “and I am sure you will meet with success. The cats of Shadowclan will be grateful to you, I am sure.” Autumn fur nuzzled against Pinekit’s appreciatively, also nodding to Lilacfur. “And thank you two for doing this. It means more than you know.”