goodnight [open - Sootstars death/aftermath]

Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
ezgif-com-gif-maker-11.jpg
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

OOC- hey guys! so this thread is a bit retro since Sootstars been revived, but your all still encourage to post if you want to! It takes place directly after the chicken coup thread where Sootstar was shot and killed by the farmer, with Coldpaw running back to camp to try and get help from Honeytwist. I haven't had a keyboard so this thread is hella late, but I still wanted to get it up XD. This is just a nice little thread for the clan to react to the news and for Honey to maybe attempt to help with the body if they so choose. (please note that, per stated in Soots revivial thread- she will eventually be stashed somewhere at horseplace by the clan to await her revival instead of camp).

The gorse tunnel shook violently as Coldpaw tore through it to get to the other side, but he had no care for appearances right now. The normally cold and collected youth was noticeably rattled as he raced along, and it would only take a single glance from any cat who knew him to know that something was definitely not right. And it would be an even worse harbinger for those who knew that Coldpaw had been apart of the raid on the chicken coup, where he'd certainly just come rushing from. His mind was focused on a single clear goal that kept his legs moving despite the burning in his muscles and lungs, and when he finally came sliding into camp his yellow eyes immediately scanned the clearing for the cat he was most in need of.

"Honeytwist! We need you!" he called, voice falling clear and strong despite the dishevelled look of the young tomcat. His fur was stuck up in dirty, unruly patches from his fight with the rooster, but it was the blood splattered across his face and chest that would surely draw the most attention- blood that wasn't his.

windclan apprentice - male - 8 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

bT1YiAw.png
Dandelionpaw wasn't the sort of cat you expected to be critical of anyone's decisions. He might speak up if he felt it wrong, he'd certainly never hold his tongue or opinion on a matter but in the end cat's could make choices they thought best and he'd either argue it or live with it. If he'd known about the chicken coop thing he'd have thought is was the stupidest thing he had ever heard and it was absolutely baffling to him it was being attempted. If Dandelionpaw had been aware he would have protested, swore up and down and clung to legs to prevent cats going out and doing this because the first rule you learned as a barn cat was the chickens were OFF-LIMITS. Not only were they fiesty and vicious in their own right (let alone the rooster) but the farmer would not tolerate a barn cat that took a nibble of his hens.

Coldpaw bursting into the camp had him look up from his idle thoughts, chewing his claws back down to size because he'd kept getting snagged on moss during his last hunt, and immediately his fur rose into a bristle at the sight of the dark tabby. He looked a fright, was that blood, why did he smell-
The sepia point's ears went back flat in alarm, he knew barn scent when it caught his nose and he was already rushing over to check on his fellow apprentice by the time he registered what was being asked. Honeytwist? Had someone gotten hurt? Was it Coldpaw himself?
"Are ye alright, Coldpaw? Did ye get hurt nowhere?!?" It didn't seem like it, this blood didn't look to be coming from the other tom anywhere. Then who? "What happened??-deep breaths, pardner."

TELL ME, HOW DOES A MAN CHANGE THE UNIVERSE?
Anxiety flares up within, he feels his stomach turn into knots. Their medicine cat was being called urgently by Coldpaw, that could only mean one thing.

The raid on the chicken-coop had gone south. Cats were hurt and unable to return to camp on their own.

What happened? Asks Dandelionpaw, while multi-tasking and trying to calm Coldpaw down all at once. Mole can't help but accidentally be rude, "Someone is hurt, obviously! Now isn't the time for deep breaths!" Someone or someones... or maybe not even hurt? Could a chicken kill a cat? He's never laid eyes on one before, but someone had been telling him they have ferociously long talons. Were they flightless hawks then?!

He shudders at the thought of seeing his very first dead body. Who could it possibly be? All the cats who gone on patrol ran through his mind, which one was the dead one? Was it more than one? Like a tumbleweed his mind spirals into the worst possible scenarios.