Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
Untitled327-20221103225234.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Coldsnap was exhausted, to put it mildly. He'd stayed behind in the territory to guard those who'd remained behind, prowling the hills for prey while keeping an eye and ear out for any Skyclanner who may have chosen to bolt onto the moors during the border skirmish. When he'd returned, it would have been frustrating enough to learn that Riverclan had gotten involved with things, utlimately forcing the Windclan cats out, but no, things had gone to complete hell instead. Dandelionwish, imprisoned with impending exile. Yewberry and Galeforce chased clear out of the territory. It was like every cat Hyacinth had tasked him with looking after was being personally attacked, and Coldsnap had been livid.

Dandelionwish had been his first stop after returning to camp, the massive tabby tom storming into the healers den, ready to claw any cat who tried to stand in his way. He hadn't trusted Sootstars rogues to keep their claws to themselves, but he'd been relieved to find that it was Tigerfrost who'd been assigned to the medicine cat, and Coldsnap had found reasurrance in the knowledge that the other tom wouldn't hurt Dandelion without a reason- or and order.

But with dawn approaching and Dandelionwish confirmed to be okay -or as okay as one could expect given the situation- Coldsnap had left camp once more to retrace the path of Yewberry and Galeforce. He felt like shit for not being there for them, and even now he felt like he might hook his claws into Juniperfrost or Lynxtooth if they so much as looked at him wrong, but a part of him knew it was for the best that he hadn't been there to see it firsthand. There's no way he would have been able to stand there and let them chase the two out like that, and it would have resulted in his own exile or death, assuredly.

And really, that would have been fine if it wasn't for his promise to Hyacinthbreath. Coalfoot, Aspenpaw, Periwinklepaw, and for now -Dandelionwish- all remained in Windclans camp, and he couldn't protect them from Sootstar if he wasn't in Windclan.

He was tired, both physically and emotionally, but he couldn't let himself rest yet. Not until he'd seen with his own eyes that Yew and Gale had mafe it out alive.

At last, he arrived at the edge of Windclans territory, where the trail left behind seemed to lead right up to Fourtrees. His steps slowed as he made his way into the clearing, yellow-gold eyes scanning the area for any sign of the two toms. "Yewberry! Galeforce! Are you here?" he called into the early dawn light, for once not afraid to pray to the stars that they were okay.

@Yewberry @Galeforce

windclan warrior - male - 12 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow-gold eyes​

justify]

Yewberry was quick to lift his head at the sound of someone calling for them. He didn't sleep that night, mulling over what had all transpired.

He was stupid. A backpedaling idiot. He should have known better.

But he didn't regret what he said. Thinking about what Sootstar had said made his blood boil anew. He wanted to rake his claws across her face and remind her that she should not hold herself as high as the stars themselves.

He hoped someone would bring her crashing down one day.

He rose to his feet and rounded the boulder to face Coldsnap. The wound across his face still hurt, but there was nothing he could do about it. He just hoped it wouldn't get frostbitten.

"Coldsnap? What are you doing here....?" He asked. "You'll get in trouble, if you're caught."

He didn't want Coldsnap to get exiled too. Somebody had to make sure Dandelionwish was protected, and he had to have someone tell him how Echolight and the kits were.

Most importantly, he wanted Coldsnap to stay safe. He was strong, but Sootstars heathens were numerous. They wouldn't hesitate to rip him apart if Sootstar willed it.

↞ RACE THE WINDS
The weight of exhaustion threatened to tug Galeforce down all the way as he strained to remain sitting up. A raid, an argument in camp, then forced to run for his very life... it was taking a toll upon him. But the fire in his eyes continued to blaze all the same. He wasn't broken, he refused to be broken. At least he wasn't alone, he still had Yewberry. They had both escaped and were free to look after each other out in the wild.

Though Galeforce had not been expecting to hear a familiar voice calling out their names. Immediately his hackles raised and he strained to pull himself into a fighting stance as he feared the worst. "Careful Yew, we don't know his intentions!" He wasn't keen to trust any WindClanner at that moment, and it was an outlook that was unlikely to change any time soon.

Taking a moment to consider the situation further he began to retract his claws as he began to perceive that there wasn't any danger to be had. Coldsnap was alone. If this was Sootstar's attempt to have them killed then he imagined there would have been more cats there. "You shouldn't be out here..." He rumbled with a slight wheeze to his voice. His injuries were catching up to him and without herbs he knew he was likely to experience an infection sooner or later.