GUESS IT'S LIKE THIS ⁀➷ STORMYWING; PROMPT

( ⁀➷ )  Stormywing seems really into the whole mentorship thing, and weirdly, really into climbing. Fallow couldn't care less for either. "This's stupid," she hisses, paw falling limp from the bark. She's only been half-trying to imitate her mentor's climbing, Stormywing's instructions and encouragment falling upon deaf ears. Its body its too big, its claws too small; Fallow wasn't made for this.

Any of this.

"Wh- what's even the point--?" of the climbing, of teaching her to begin with. She wasn't born here, didn't have parents telling her stories of great warriors, doesn't know anyone in the clan. Her scars mark her outsider, and outsider she'll remain. Fallow huffs, turning to her new mentor accusatorily. Her claws pierce the leaf litter "'M not even a real ThunderClan cat anyway. Jus' some kit that got dropped here." Its eyes narrow at Stormywing. What is she getting out of this? "Y'know you don't gotta pretend like I'm an apprentice, right?" Because it's not, really. It's just Fallow. Its tone is half-pitying, half-pleading.
74701060_9q7jeRpuNlkPdZT.png

• // PROMPT: she has struggled with integration into the clan. it's new mentor was also born an outsider, is fallowpaw aware of this? does it alter her opinion of stormywing or bring them closer at all?
  • ˏˋ ° • *⁀➷ FALLOWPAW. THUNDERCLAN APPRENTICE. SHE / HER & IT / ITS.
    4 MOONS & AGES ON THE 1ST. PENNED BY SATURNID.

A SCARRED, POINTED BROWN MOLLY WITH PATCHY WHITE SPOTTING.

NPC xx NPC. ADOPTED BY TANSYSHINE. ADOPTIVE SIBLING TO TIGERPAW & SHARDPAW.

stormbanner.png
☁︎
“Come on, Fallowpaw, at least look like you’re trying!” Stormywing half-begs, exasperated as her new apprentice places all four paws on the ground again. She groans and shakes her head, padding towards her with her tail flicking in disappointment. Had she been this difficult for Barkjaw to train? No, she remembers being much more enthusiastic to learn something as cool as climbing, so why did she end up with the one apprentice in the clan who doesn’t seem to want to be a warrior?

She comes to a stop in front of it, looking down at it with a small frown. What she says next, however, has Stormywing’s ears pricking in surprise, blinking dumbfounded down at her. “Not a real ThunderClan cat, huh?” The tabby sits then, tail tapping against the frozen ground as she glances up at the sky through bare branches. Now is as good a time to tell her as any, she supposes - she’d probably find out sooner than later from a clanmate anyhow. “You know, I wasn’t born her either.” She waits to see any sort of reaction before shrugging. “Yeah, I was a, uh, a kittypet. But my ma, she heard my uncle was here in the clans, so she sent me and my littermates on our way to this here forest. I even wore a scratchy collar around my neck, if you can believe it!” She laughs, for once not acting as humiliated as she felt about her past. Her goal is to make her apprentice feel better, after all. Feel like less of an outsider. “My name was just Stormy, back then, but I got the honor to join this clan and become Stormypaw. Had that dang collar plucked off my neck, too.”
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎

( ⁀➷ )  All of Stormywing's exasperation prickles like claws across Fallow's skin. She grits her teeth as she waits for her mentor's response, for the persistent molly to finally give a sigh of relief at not having to teach this pretend-apprentice.

It doesn't come. Instead, a small frown crosses her mentor's face. She begins to speak, and -- "You? Miss Big Hero?" the apprentice snorts, incredulity lacing its words. Still, it quiets as she explains. A kittypet, word still unfamiliar in a tangible way, yet always spoken with derision. Fallow narrows its eyes, trying to picture Stormywing with some scratchy cage around her neck. It's not really certain what a collar is supposed to look like.

There's a long beat before she speaks again. "Huh. Stormy," murmured as though testing the name on her tongue. A half-name like hers. They're the same, then -- almost. "But you, uh, still had family here..." unlike me, she doesn't finish, eyes casting downwards. There's frustration scrunching her face still, but her words have lost their bite. Then, even softer, laced with a tired sort of hurt: "Bet that made it easier."

• //
    4 MOONS & AGES ON THE 1ST. PENNED BY SATURNID.

NPC xx NPC. FOSTERED BY TANSYSHINE.

stormbanner.png
☁︎
You? Miss Big Hero? She snorts back in amusement, a small smile spreading across her face. "Yeah, I know. Unbelievable, right?" She shrugs and heaves a sigh as she tilts her muzzle to the sky, eyeing the branches that hang above their heads. They wave and creak in the wind, clawing the clouds with their bark-covered talons. She focuses on them as Fallowpaw continues, tasting Stormywing's kittypet name in a low voice before stating it must have been easier to have family.

"Yeah, I guess so," She muses back in agreement, because of course having an uncle who's lead warrior - now deputy - of a clan helps her reputation. She frowns and glances down at the young apprentice, sympathy welling up in her. She felt like this, long ago. Back when she was pestered, bullied, and teased for being a kittypet. "You'll find family here, too," She insists suddenly, blinking down at it with a smile. Her teeth are revealed in a lighthearted smirk as she raises a leg, elbowing Fallowpaw gently before trilling, "From now on, anyone messes with you, you tell 'em your big sis Stormywing will come teach them a lesson, huh?"
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎

( ⁀➷ )  The promises of family in ThunderClan feel as hollow as any idea of loyalty and belonging she's been assured of, but Stormywing's next words are less familiar. "You're not my sister," bursts reflexively from Fallow's mouth, before the meaning can fully register. Then, her face scrunches as though tasting something sour. She doesn't look at Stormywing's face, far too caught up in memories of her now-mentor's crestfallen look the last time Fallow had messed up her words She's quick to correct herself, this time.

"But, um. Thanks. I guess." It's noncomittal and flat, words unfamiliar on her tongue. It scuffs a paw against the dirt idly, instensity dissipiated. The reassurance is kinder than Fallow expected, but it brings her more discomfort than anything. What has she done to deserve that?

Still, it's nice to know she has someone in her corner. Someone bigger and stronger to protect her. She could have used that, before.

Fallow smiles, crooked and awkward. "No one messes with you anymore, huh? 'Cause you're all tough 'n cool 'n whatever." She can't really picture it. Stormywing is too confident, too loud and bright. She wouldn't stand for anyone picking on her. "...Wanna be like that too," Fallow mumbles, still not meeting her mentor's eyes.

• //
    5 MOONS & AGES ON THE 1ST. PENNED BY SATURNID.

NPC xx NPC. SIBLING TO ELK DOE ANTLER & FAWN.