sensitive topics halls of illusion — mason

Chi

angel face, devil thoughts 03/01/2024
Feb 26, 2023
i could tear you apart if i wanted too , hun .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
/ mentions of mental abuse

She grinned something cruel and sharp, staring down at her … what did she call him, now? Her mate. Her lips curled in disgust, paws outstretched before her in a languid stretch of her spine, yawning to reveal pointed teeth. “Now. Now. Can’t you tell, my little monster?” She purred, sickly sweet, padding toward her useless servant, pressing against his thick chest with a curl of stained lips. “Even my mate can’t tell! Oh! Perhaps we should get rid of those eyes, mhm? You must not need them.” She whispered, tone dropping dangerously low, batting her eyelashes, grin still sickly sweet.

Mason remained silent. Oh, such a pity. She had wanted him to squirm, to cure her boredom while staying here. “I’m pregnant!” She sang, pulling away with a bounce of her paws, tail weaving hypnotically behind her. “Isn’t that exciting? You’ll have to stay, won’t you? What would your father think if he heard you left your pregnant mate to fend for herself.” She tutted, grinning triumphingly at the barely visible flinch tearing through his bulky build.
thought speech

you save everyone but who saves you ?
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
His ears rang, staring at Chi with an indifferent expression plastered against scarred features despite the rapid pulse of his heart threatening to beat out of his chest. Mason could barely hear her high-pitched calls, urging him to stay, despite the need to run away from her manipulative nature, but to think he would become a father. He shivered.

Pops. His mind whispered brokenly, wishing his father was here above all else, instead of Chi, still referring to them as mates. He loved her once, maybe he still did in some twisted, pathetic way despite Keane and Kavan’s warnings, despite Duskpool bristling at the mere mention of the manipulative molly.

He knew. He wasn’t a damn idiot. Damnit. His chest shuddered, breath leaving in aching gasps, paws slipping backward before he realized, azure hues staring transfixed at Chi’s stomach, soon to swell with their litter. Shit. He wanted to grin, ears swerving to pin against his helm. He could already picture Keane’s scowling face and Kavan’s blistering rage, smoothed out by a forced smile and his father’s indifference, nothing more than a mask to hide the crackling fire that would surge up whenever his kids found themselves in danger. Embarrassingly so, Mason had a knack for falling into trouble, unintentional or not, he was a self-sacrificial fool, just like his pops.

His gaze flickered upward, meeting Chi’s annoyed hues with a tentative suck of breath between clenched teeth, jaws aching from the pressure. “Alright.” He muttered. I’ll stay. He had loved her once, and some part of him still did, deep down he never really learned to break free of it, but this was her way of making sure he stayed. “Alright.” He whispered, breathless.

Come hell-fire, Mason would be damned if he let her taint them, not if he could help it. She was cruel, wickedly so, uncaring about the lives of others but herself. She was a ticking bomb, unpredictable and annoying, but was tired. He had lost so much these past moons. He couldn’t bear the thought of losing anyone else. No less his kits, unborn, but all that more precious.
thought speech