private HAND CRUSHED BY A MALLET ☽; RACCOONSTRIPE

It's for no reason in particular that Wolfwind finds herself attaching to Raccoonstripe's side the second she spots him. Family time came less and less these days, she supposes – at least, time where you could just talk, and not have to worry about scaring every mouse in the area by pushing or shoving too hard. Her tail sways behind her in an annoying, wide berth; this close, she needs to lilt her head upward to look him in the eye – a similar hue to her own, if only burning more like the sun than the sunset. She blinks innocently; places her paws in front of her strangely, as if trying to trip him up but coming just shy of it.

" Soooooo, " It's supposed to be sing - songy, but she's not really a singer, so it's just kind of obnoxious. Or maybe even really obnoxious. Imagine that! " I've been wondering when exactly my Lead Warrior - ness is supposed to go to my head, cause it's been a few moons now and I haven't felt nothin'! Judgin' by example, it should be here by now, huh? Should I go ask Berryheart what's wrong with me? "

• OOC: @RACCOONSTRIPE >:3
  • 63473366_2lFaqbnCOLBwtc0.png
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 22 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

Though Raccoonstripe rarely doubts Howlingstar’s judgment, he has to admit he’s still at least pretend-puzzled by Wolfwind’s promotion. To share a rank with his obnoxious young niece is strange. When he looks at her leading patrols in that playful, loudmouthed manner she can’t seem to shake, he imagines her small, blue-gray like a wolf pup and barking commands to her doe-eyed sister in play. To know Wolfwind now sits on the ThunderClan leader’s council, a respected and honored position, makes him feel as though time has become nebulous.

Still, if any of his kin were to be promoted alongside him, he’d have a hard time choosing who better to pick than Wolfwind. Her loudness and her courage go paw in paw, after all. He gives her an annoyed glance through flinty dark eyes when she tries to secure himself to his flank like a thorn, her paws dancing in front of his as though she’d like to trip him. “I’ve been wondering if you’d ever get more sense than a mouse, but here we are… wondering together.” Despite the annoyance, his tone holds a faint hint of amusement. “For whatever reason, Howlingstar thought you’d be a good fit the way you are.

After a heartbeat, Raccoonstripe asks, a bit more playfully, “What is lead warriorness, anyway? You having fun, giving orders and throwing your weight around?

•  
  • raccoon . raccoonstripe
    — he/him ; lead warrior of thunderclan
    — heteroflexible ; single
    — long-haired black tabby with white and dark brown eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai

• Love
Reactions: WOLFWIND
Wolfwind gasps in faux - offense — and honestly, its a comeback that she's taking notes on, because she wouldn't have been able to come up with somethin' so good herself. " “For whatever reason, Howlingstar thought you’d be a good fit the way you are " She snorts. Though for a moment, he almost sounds a little genuine; and Wolfwind looks at him with a slightly smaller smile, glaze over her eyes that says she's tryin' to tell what's goin' on. Reading others has never really been much of her thing, past the obvious. She blinks. " Well... "

And then he's askin' about her lead warriorness, and it's all smiles, again. " You sayin' that's not what you do? " she teases, " Learnin' from example, I'd think I'm lead warrioring perfectly, if I was! " She eases up on the clinging a little, letting the annoying niece act settle into a slightly more normal, leisurely walk together. She hadn't really come to him with any goal in mind, but since she allows herself the moment, the thought pops into her head. " How do you do that so easy, though? Like, now that I think about it, I haven't done much ordering at all yet. It kinda... doesn't feel like my thing. "

Almost anticipating some kinda comment about how it sure wasn't, Wolfwind quickly veers her head to cast him a narrowed glance, before allowing her eyes to drift back toward the bustle of camp. All these cats that she kinda, sorta, had power (?) over now, and that was a bit strange. " Like, your lead warriorness is being bossy and throwing your weight around, " Or maybe he was always like that, she can't quite remember. " And mine is... " A moment to ponder. Nothing has changed, really. " Being helpful. I like being helpful. " Was that childish to say? " Not like your bossiness isn't, but... y'know. Well, maybe ya don't. " Wolfwind looks to him, trying to gauge if he did indeed know, or not.

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 22 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

Reactions: Marquette
Raccoonstripe's smirk lengthens, cleaving half of his muzzle. "It's what I do, sure." He shrugs, muscles rippling beneath his thick tabby fur. "I've earned my position, and I respect my Clanmates. The ones who recognize that follow orders without question." He eyes her for a moment. "We speak with Howlingstar and Flycatcher's tongues, and every act we do is in their name, for the good of ThunderClan. The cats who can appreciate that are loyal. The ones who can't, well..." He thinks of Killdeercry, foolish and insolent, and shrugs again. "They aren't worth our time."

He laughs slightly at Wolfwind's comment about being helpful. "Is that really all you aspire to, dear niece? Being the clan helper?" He winks at her. "Sure, that is our role, I suppose. To help our superiors the best we can."

With a leap ahead of her, he bushes his tail out, smirk transforming into a charming smile. "When I'm leader, I'll keep you around, if you're helpful enough to my cause."

•  
  •  
  • raccoon . raccoonstripe
    — he/him ; lead warrior of thunderclan
    — heteroflexible ; single
    — long-haired black tabby with white and dark brown eyes
    — "speech", thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai