HAPPINESS ADVANTAGE \ gentlestorm

Mar 15, 2024

The night was an especially beautiful one... clear, clean. The clouds had parted at the beginning of the day and had given them a beautiful sky, and had now bestowed upon them a wonderful night of clarity. Hundreds of eyes gleaming in the sky; hundreds of pelts, she knew. Looking up at them, reverent and honoured to sit beneath their light, Thundergleam watched in silence for a long while. The sky was the same here as it had been with Father... this was the same StarClan she had always known, the same StarClan who had lead her here, who had prophecied her very existence.

I am starlight. I am the destined light that will free ThunderClan from all pain. The affirmations she knew were true, and yet Father had always told her to repeat so she should not lose track of her mission. "I thank you, for leading me here..." she whispered to the stars above. In her dreamwritten state, she did not quite notice anyone drifting behind her, let alone the fact that it was the medicine cat who was there, someone with an even stronger silver thread to the stars than her.

\ @GENTLESTORM
penned by pin ☾

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — He's curious about the cat that had helped get Howlingstar home after the leader had been carried off by an eagle and had heard how some of his clanmates had thought she was weird. She seemed perfectly fine to him or at least, from what he had gotten first not really caring if she's a little odd... Thundergleam had brought back the mother of his late mate back and that's all he really cared for especially since Little Wolf hadn't been fortunate enough to have another life to spare like Howlingstar. For a mere second, he believes it to be unfair but he's quick to silence that thought of his and focuses his earthy hued eyes onto the stranger or rather now clanmate that he needs to get accustomed to seeing around camp now. The way her pelts like starlight underneath the glow of the moon reminds him of the medicine cat apprentice from Riverclan though her hushed voice is enough to draw him closer.

The lumbering giant parts his jaws to speak and offers a small smile "Are you admiring the stars?" Gentlestorm hopes that he hasn't startled her as he turns his own gaze up to Silverpelt where all the brave warriors of the past now rested, he looks to the brightest star in the sky and he knows with every fiber of his body that it's Batwing's light. And near the fallen lead warrior, there are other stars close by that twinkle... The rest of his loved ones, his mentor, and mate. "I don't believe I've gotten a chance to thank you for bringing Howlingstar home safely... Thank you," A quick dip of his helm, shuffle of large paws, and breathes out into the cool night air "I feared that she would meet the same fate as..." The pale tom trails off only to focus his attention to Thundergleam once more and offers a sheepish grin as he apologizes, a chuckle erupting from his throat "Sorry, I don't mean to talk your ears off..."

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    54 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

Upon catching Gentlestorm in her periphery, Thundergleam gently bowed her head, a little star-struck look in her eyes. She had learned by now that the snowy-pelted tom was ThunderClan's medicine cat, and though his had not been the name she had expected to hear occupying that role, that made him no less worthy of her undying respect. after all, Howlingstar had not been the leader she had predicted seeing, that she had always been destined to meet. To think... that from the conception of her destiny, so much had already changed... so much loss and suffering had sprawled through the oak forest already. A leader and medicine cat lost...

It was a good thing she had arrived at last. "I am," she purred, voice warm and inviting. Gentlestorm's lumbering form settled beside her, and Thundergleam's tufted tail flicked soothingly.

Pink eyes lingered on him as he spoke into the air his gratitude- Thundergleam felt the familiar warmness of knowing she had helped, that she had done a good thing, that StarClan loved her for it. "There is no need to thank me. I was there for a reason," she murmured, voice tranquil but utterly convinced all at once. "Your approval is an honour." He was the medicine cat, showing gratitude for her mission... it meant more than he knew to hear.

Within his words, though, she sensed a trace of sadness. "Might you have loved ones, in StarClan?" she asked quietly. Though StarClan was a wonderful, perfect place, their adoption of spirits often left those behind suffering.
penned by pin ☾