camp HAPPY DAYS — prompt & treasures

EELPAW

i'm on my way
Dec 2, 2023

The return of the patrol had left the child tired. With her age working against her, Eelpaw had been struggling to stay with the patrol, spending most of it running behind them to catch up. Occasionally, the patrol would stop to allow her to rest before continuing on to her relief. She knew better than to complain and was doing her absolute best to be a good apprentice who didn't complain about the pace. They wouldn't like it if I did complain about not being able to keep up. It was during one of these pauses alongside the riverbank that she came across a pewter blue-colored shell. In awe, the child quickly picked it up and carried it along with her back to camp.

Her father had once told her how it was a good thing to try and do something nice for at least one cat every day; something she found herself reflecting on during the walk home. It wouldn't take long for her to conclude that she needed to gift her find to one of her clanmates. Without even knowing if they liked shells or not (nor would she stop to think about if the recipient would keep the find or not) she would look around camp as she returned for the first cat to catch her attention. Walking over, she would eagerly wave her tail in greeting before gently setting the shell down at her chosen cat's paws. "Good Morning Miss Boneripple! I found this pretty shell on my way home and thought you might like it! I was told it was important to do something nice for someone here and there so I'm giving it to you!" As she happily chirps her explanation to the woman, she searches her face for any signs of approval or distaste in the gift.

prompt: pewter blue, "share", Boneripple & optional tag @BONERIPPLE but no need to wait!

Boneripple had held a contentious place in the Clan. Indeed, when Ravensong was only an apprentice he had loathed her and her kin. The passing of Stalkingpaw and the return of Boneripple from the attack had gradually softened his heart toward the former ShadowClan medicine cat. She was treated cordially by Ravensong at the very least. He did not know where she stood among his other, more warrior-like Clanmates.

Ravensong rested outside his den, ears flicking at the most recent patrol returned. He noticed Eelpaw bounce up to the black and white molly and deposit something in front of her paws. Ravensong made a mew of surprise. "That is quite kind of you, Eelpaw." He remarks, and he wonders, has the younger generation gotten more tolerant of former outsiders?

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them" openly suffers from chronic migraines single, but "it's complicated"

"GOT A LITTLE CASH NOW SO THAT SKIRT IS DIOR"
Ravensong's assumptions about the younger generation of RiverClan cats is correct. Or well, it at least applies to Bubblepaw. She had been taught from a young age by her mother that every RiverClan cat should be treated equally regardless of their origin; they all fight for the same cause, follow and praise StarClan the same, and follow the same code. There are a few apprentices who share her sentiment in kind, though there were a few stand-out others- cats like Cicadapaw and Nettlepaw- who do not take so kindly to outsiders, no matter how well they have assimilated into the clan.

Eye caught by the pretty shell that Eelpaw is offering Boneripple, the older apprentice watches quietly to see if she will accept the offer. She draws closer, trying not to seem like she's encroaching. She is, however, interested in the shell herself if Boneripple won't accept it. When the medicine cat speaks up, Bubblepaw nods in agreement with Ravensong's praise of Eelpaw's kind gesture. She makes a mental note of Eelpaw as potentially being someone she could hunt shells with in the future.

✦ ★ ✦