camp happy face — weird eyes

Aug 14, 2023
just because i carry it so well doesn't mean it's not heavy .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Lux blinked at the blunt curiosity, subconsciously pivoting his helm downward, odd optics crinkling despite the swell of self-consciousness that the question brought. He laughed nervously, shuffling on his one leg, hind legs easily keeping him from tipping over. He never did quite like the way he looked. One of the few reasons his parents left him on his own when he first opened his eyes. He couldn’t really blame them. They were freaky, but Lux built up a disguise over the moons, hiding the shame and hurt whenever someone asked, even if it wasn’t intentional.

“Guess I’m one of those super rare cats!” He chirped, grinning cheekily. “Never thought much about them” I have “but they sure are weird, huh?” His heart said otherwise, but his face remained light-hearted, grinning. He refused to look at anyone, staring at nothing in particular as he spoke, tail curling around his paws. “You think I can see like everyone else?” He asked, stringing the conversation along when he should have just apologized and left to seek someone to help him go over the Warrior Code one more time, but he’ll do that later.

/ talking to @DOOMPAW no need to wait ! if anyone is curious this is what they look like lol just blue ! skyclan word prompt " disguise "
thought speech

Truthfully he has never put much thought into someone having different eyes than anyone else. His brother's eyes were different looking and because they were he couldn't really see like all the rest of them could. Thanks to that he often just assumed that if the eyes were different, cloudy looking or other wise, they just couldn't see like everyone else could and this was the same case as he peered at Lux. Tilting his head up a bit the young kit stares at the other, not really thinking they are weird. Well, they were kind of weird but he isn't going to say that they are. He knows manners, he knows better than to always jump headlong and let his thoughts fly to the win. Better to keep everyone guessing what his thoughts were. So he keeps staring, face a constant frown that never changes before the question is posed. Do they think that he can see like the others? "No." It is a simple answer and rather clipped. The tom feels certain in his answer as he sits down and curls his thick tail around himself. Surely he can't actually see right? Maybe he is wrong but he doesn't want to think that he is. Though he is curious about one thing. Was he born like that or did something happen to make his eyes like that? His maw parts again to ask the question before he slowly closes his muzzle.

Best to wait to see if he is right on the first question.

• ooc : — ​

• bristlekit - tom / 2 moons old / riverclan kit / aspiring warrior

NETTLEKIT ♂
RIVERCLAN
KITTEN
TWO MOONS
BLIND IN BOTH EYES
BIOGRAPHY AND TAGS
APPRENTICED TO NONE
PLAYED BY SHEOGORATH

Nettlekit isn't entirely sure what sort of conversation he had wandered into, he had merely been carrying a vole over to his brother to share. The RiverClan child sets the rodent down near Bristlekit's paws, shifting his sightless gaze up toward the SkyClanner that was speaking. Kittypet pretender, Nettlekit thinks to himself bitterly, though he doesn't vocalize his scorn for now. After all, SkyClan was letting RiverClan shelter in their camp, and he had made enough of a scene with Blazestar already. No need to stir the hornet's nest anymore than he already had.

"See what?" Nettlekit questions boredly. He could see nothing, well, he could see the sun, the sky and the ground, but not in the traditional sense. All he saw were blotchy, blurry shadows and light. Not enough to make out color or shape. If Lux had weird eyes, then Nettlekit could certainly relate. "I brought a vole to share with you. A warrior gave it to me." His attention returns to Bristlekit as he offers a coolly spoken explanation for his presence.

carawaykit trailed far behind bristlekit, mostly to see what he was up to, if she would be able to rope him into something fun and exciting. she liked bristlekit despite his brother's slights, a tad on the quieter side but stars knew she could talk enough for the both of them. when she saw him parked in front of two skyclanner's she quickened her pace as to not miss a moment of the conversation.

the skyclanner was talking about his eyes, carawaykit was certain she hadn't seen anything like them. about the same time she was going to say something, nettlekit approached with a vole to share with his brother. despite the rumble in her stomach she didn't ask for a bite, instead shifting away from the point kitten with a side glance before turning her attention back to the lux.

bristlekit had decided that he could not see like everyone else, carawaykit had to agree. eyes looked a certain way, probably for a reason, how were they to perform the correct functions if they were different! but the question still loomed overhead why were they like that! "what happened to them? are they injured?"

• CARAWAYKIT she/her, kit of riverclan, three moons
    carawaykit is a pretty longhaired silver tabby kitten with green eyes and a lithe frame. born into riverclan, she loves her home and has a deep fascination with becoming a warrior to provide for it. a highly spirited and adventurous kitten, she enjoys playing games and pushing boundaries.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblekit, tidekit, mosspaw, hazepaw, antlerpaw, and buckpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

just because i carry it so well doesn't mean it's not heavy .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He laughed, amusement dancing within odd hues at the blatant ‘no’ the RiverClan kit uttered. He hummed, glad he wasn’t standing to tap his chin. “You sure?” He leaned forward, gaze downcast, but light-hearted. He never could fault them for being blunt, seeing eyes like his was a rare opportunity. Once in a lifetime experience, right? He snorted, bittersweet.

That was until he smelt vole and the one tugging it, offering it to Bristlekit. “Oh! My eyes! Would you like to take a guess? They’re a bit weird, although I suppose that’s an understatement. We’re seeing if I can see!” He laughed, rubbing his nape, balancing on his hindquarters with practiced ease. The scarred loner shifted, glancing at Carawaykit. He never had been more certain about something in his life until now, grinning softly. “I was born with it, pretty weird, right?” He hummed. “No. No. No. I wasn’t injured!”

His brow crinkled, expression thoughtful. “How about we test if I can see, yeah? Try acting out something and I’ll see if I get it right! If not, then I’ll do whatever you want for the rest of the day!”
thought speech