camp he loves me, he doesn't love me // flowers

The ocean of colours was a treat to the eye. Shiningsun decided that perhaps it was time to bring some of it back to the camp for the youth and the queens to enjoy. Daisies, dandelions, and daffodils, a pleasant mix of yellows and whites. A reflection of the warm newleaf day they were basking in. With his mouth stuffed with stems he then began to head for home.

Shiningsun beelined for the nursery where he deposited the stash down before he began to weave the flowers into the walls around the den's entrance. "I hope they don't mind me brightening up the place." He mused to himself as he pressed on with his work. A soft chuckle rumbled from him as he smiled sweetly at the flowers, his mind drifting to thoughts of a certain cat. "Maybe I should save one to give to him later." His ears felt hot all of a sudden and a giggle escaped him.

• Love
Reactions: KAZENIKURA

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ Green eyes widen as she emerges from the Nursery entrance and finds Shiningsun just outside. She moves her head to see what he is doing, and she spots the multicolored flowers that he was weaving into the walls. "Oh! Those are beautiful, Shiningsun." she chirps, curling her tail in delight. The queen took a step towards one, and leaned in to sniff it. "I miss finding flowers out in the forest....Thank you for brining these back, the kits will love them." There were plenty of things she missed about being a warrior, but her kits needed her here, and the other queens did as well. With so many kits in the nursery, it took all the queens and then some to keep an eye on everyone.

Her ears perk as she heard his last few words. Was she supposed to have heard that? Her whiskers twitched playfully, and she shot the younger tom a soft smile. "Saving that one for a special someone?" A small prickle formed in her chest, but she tried her best to swallow it back. Just because she didn't have someone special anymore, didn't mean her clanmates couldn't...regardless of how bad it hurt.

• 79527857_EHpqE5qIBF95tOn.png
  • FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 32 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    widowed mate to flycatcher / / mother to: falconheart, stormfeather, sparrowkit, sunkit, mothkit, scorchedkit, and squirrelkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

( 𖤓 ) basilkit is entertaining himself by batting around a small clump of moss, squeaking with delight every time it lands further away and he must shuffle out of the nest to retrieve it. it's a slow game for the not-so-old kitten, but he seems invested nonetheless, and it's kept him occupied for far longer than it perhaps should be. when shiningsun enters the nursery, the boy doesn't notice at first, too wrapped up in his little game. the unfamiliar scent, however, will halt his distraction, and buggy blueberry eyes will widen as his little head pops over the side of the nest to watch.

the ginger tomcat has in his maw some sweet smelling things of gold and white, and his white capped paws gently weave these things into the portal-like den enterence. basilkit is entranced, wobbly legs supporting him as best they can as he stands on his tip toes. flamewhisker, a familiar presence, rumbles some speech and basil will turn to her, still uncertain about what words mean, but enjoying the sound of them. as shiningsun weaves, a small dandelion will scatter in the kit's direction, landing just outside the nest. basilkit reaches his stubby paw out to grab it, reveling at the odd texture and sweet scent. he "mrowls" in delight, stumpy tail wagging in the air.

• // "#FAC966"
  • 81393563_8O53Igoh9sDSoNx.png

• BASILKIT 𖤓 HE / THEY, KITTEN OF THUNDERCLAN. CAMPIONSONG x SWIFTDAWN, SIBLING TO ROSEMARYKIT, WOLFKIT, MERLINKIT. 0 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    81393563_8O53Igoh9sDSoNx.png
    a cream ticked tabby with high white, and green eyes. a tall boy sporting a chaotically ruffled coat of pale cream tabby. darker ticked stripes flow down his fur, and band around his legs and face. his chest, stomach, muzzle, and most of his tail are white, he has verdant green eyes that sparkle with mischief.

the bright colors of spring entice her over, curious over the bouquet shiningsun weaves into the walls. certainly, a welcoming sight for the nursery dwellers, those neutral walls would get boring to anyone spending their entire days inside. her ears catch the end of flamewhisker’s gratitude, humming softly in acknowledgement. it matched his fur, the golden sunlight on a newleaf day like this- and flamewhisker’s, deep yellows someone might find if they peered too closely into her namesake.

"a special someone?" were they meant to hear that? possibly not; nonetheless, leafhusk echoes flamewhisker’s meow. a playful grin twitches at her maw, tail-tip flicking behind her. "newleaf sounds like the perfect time too gift someone flowers." a colorful arrangement of flowers, shoved into one’s direction as a deceleration of love. it sounds so lovely, unfortunate that the wilt so quickly.

a tiny kit squeals from inside the nursery, pulling leafhusk from the short lived fantasy to briefly look down at the scrap. right, confessions come with those things too- if you’re into that.​

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊ The noise outside the nursery was a beckon for little red-tufted ears. Dwindlingkit bounced over to the entrance and watched Shiningsun skillfully weave flowers into the den’s foliage. It took a while to process what had been spoken about by the warriors until it clicked in her little brain.

Dwindlingkit head snapped from one interest to another better interesting thing! “Oh my gosh, you have a crush?! Who is it?”The kit squealed, bouncing up and down once more. “Wait!” She suddenly stopped eyeing the rest of the flowers, which were not yet being used for decoration. Hovering a protective flame paw over the rest of the pile to stop the warrior from grabbing more. His big declaration of love should have as many flowers as possible, not just one!

In a dead serious tone, she whispered, “You should give them all the flowers so they know you really like them a lot.”
  • ooc:
  • 80664514_Uly8tZ3KKwBMVoL.png
    Dwindlingkit — She/Her ・ 3 moons ・ Thunderclan Kit ・ PENNED BY @Ghostunes!
    ☀︎ A fluffy (LH) flame point kit with low white and has blue eyes
    ☀︎ Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    ☀︎ Tags

"You're welcome, I'll try to bring back more in the coming weeks to keep the place bright and cheerful." The tom took pride in the thanks being offered. He hoped that little reminders of the world outside the camp would help elevate the calling of the wild.

Oh! They had overheard him talking to himself. Embarrassment bubbled up hot and heavy in his gut as the realisation dawned on him, and it weighed even heavier knowing that the one he had eyes for was living across the river. Forbidden, against the code. Shiningsun knew that he could never reveal the identity of the one who had claimed his attention, but that wouldn't stop him from having a little fun making the clan guess in the meantime. "I am, Flamewhisker. Or I hope to, anyway. And I do hope the flowers work, Leafhusk."

He was about to continue his weaving but that was when a plucky youngster interrupted him by guarding the remaining flowers. "I'm afraid that is top secret, Dwindlingkit, I cannot reveal who. And I'm sure just a single flower will do, I don't wish to overwhelm them. I'm still trying to make friends first, never mind anything else." He explained with a nod of his head. Ultimately the flowers were primarily for the clan's benefit, and it made him beam a renewed smile. "Besides, if those we love most are deserving of the most flowers then I want them to adorn the camp because the cats I love most are right here all around me." Did that sound cheesy? Probably, but it was true. ThunderClan meant a lot to him and he loved his clanmates.

Casting aside the chatter regarding his love life, his focus soon settled on that of Basilkit. This was his first time laying eyes on the young kit, and needless to say but he was eager to meet the youngster. He nudges the wayward dandelion closer towards the kit. "It's a dandelion. A flower. You can have it if you want."

Softpaw hadn't, in her time being an apprentice, seeing as she had certainly not thought of romance at all as a child, experienced anything close to attraction. She even lacked a great deal of close friends, so there was certainly not much to say about the romance side of her life. But even she knew that flowers were a proper gift for one's love, and she had to admit that she was even curious about who would be receiving Shiningsun's flowers.

"Do you know if they like this kind of flower?" Softpaw questions as she approaches Shiningsun. She thought that might be important, knowing whether or not someone enjoyed a type of flower that they were being gifted. She knew that she'd be more impressed by some flowers than others, though as long as they came with the same sentiments, she was sure it wouldn't matter too much.