he said it's all in your head ⸙ privetpaw

HUNGERPAW

LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER
Apr 6, 2024

࿔*:・゚༄ Hungerpaw trots up to the oldest apprentice of their tiny clan just as the sun has hit its peak in the sky, consternation swimming in blue eyes. "Hey, Privetpaw," she calls tentatively. She hopes she's not bothering him, but... All the pressure has been weighing on her lately, and she needs someone to help her. Gravelpaw's just as little as she is, even if they've fought in a real battle already.

She feels impossibly behind, wrong-footed. She still feels like she doesn't belong here - but she doesn't have anywhere else to go, so maybe it's time to correct that. "I, uh... I feel like I'm late t' all this. Bein' apprenticed." She hadn't even gotten used to Hungerkit, and now she's become Hungerpaw. It's all so dizzyingly wrong. She tries not to let it show on her face. "You're the oldest, so... Can ya help, maybe?" A shaky smile. It falls after only a moment. "I got no clue what I'm doin'," she admits softly, ears flopping downwards. Puppy-dog eyes peer up (barely, she's getting so tall) at the other apprentice, pleading silently for some sort of guidance.

• @PRIVETPAW
  • 84313799_YbphdLFJuJaiqS0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HUNGERPAW   she/her, apprentice of duskclan, five moons.
    a large, fluffy molly with russet fur and blue eyes.
    cautious, people-pleasing, and cowardly. easily impressionable.
    scarecrow x npc; former barn cat.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

"Hey, Privetpaw."

White-tipped ears twitched as his own name graced his senses, fern-green eyes glowering back at Hungerpaw as though he glared upon a rueful beast, of which he held her under no umbrella nor sanctity of pity. She trotted up to him, staring at her like a little kitten that had just done something horrible, and now looked for a release from the crushing guilt of childhood. And he hated it, how saccharine and cloying the gesture looked, as it attempted to eat him up from the inside out. It is not going to work on me. I know the tricks of a kit. "You are quite late, you know. When I was your age, I already knew how to hunt and fight." Whiskers twitched as monotone voice drawled out of his maw, as if ruth had not emboweled his bird-bone frame, and wine-sweet compassion had not ever rooted itself into his veins. He did not allow himself to be hollowed out by the vice of sympathy, for it would only slow him down. Though, perhaps there was some way he could spin this to his advantage... "I can help, though. Is there anything you want to know in particular?" He did not afford her the grace of a prim smile, and his regarding eyes seemed to bleed into Hungerpaw's own flesh, as though he were searching for something upon her tousled pelt. A glaring weakness, a sore spot, a weak will. Tail flicked behind him in impatient serpentine tempo.

• AUGHH SOWWY FOR LATENESS
  • 7THZAb4.png
  • —— PRIVETPAW / He/Him / 8 Moons
    —— Apprentice of Duskclan / Mentored by Rumblerain
    —— Wine-dark and white-tipped, almost like a magpie. He has black fur except for the tips of his ears, his muzzle and chin, a blaze on his chest, bottom portion of the legs, outer end of the tail, and along the upper ridges of eyes. He has ghost striping that can only be seen in certain sunlight. He has fern-green eyes.
    —— Cool, calculating, and much too mature for such a young age. Enamored with the life of a warrior and burdened by the expectations of his people. Hard to befriend and harder to maintain a steady friendship with.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.