HE SAID TO BE COOL, BUT IM ALREADY COOLEST [Confrontation/ Hunting Competition]

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - It was getting easier to get in the swing of things, to get into her own routine.
Primarily, she stayed out of camp, whether it be fine tuning her combat skills, or hunting, she was a rare sight to see in the clearing.
Today, however, her hind paw had been giving her trouble as it often does when she overexerts herself, and against her wishes, she makes the right decision to head back to camp, not wanting to be laid out for days over a stupid water vole or two.
A single mouse dangles from her jaws, and she thinks nothing of it as she drops it in the fresh kill in the prey pile, her clanmates knew she worked hard, her skills only showed that off.
It wasn’t until she is grooming herself later that morning she hears the patronizing sneers from just a fox-length away.
“One mouse, and she thinks she's better than everyone. who cares? it's just one mouse. a stupid little mouse. she must have fish eggs for brains if she thinks that's gonna feed anyone here"
Quickly her attention is captured, gaze landing on Poppy as she snickers to a couple of cats sitting beside her. Anger flares up in her chest, did that priss even know the first thing about hunting? If so, it certainly didn’t show.
She’s walking over before she can think any more of it.
"do you think I care if she hears? im better than her and she needs to know it just like everyone else here.”
Azalea approaches from behind her, triumph disguised in a toxic smile as the cats eyes around her suddenly go wide with anxiety.
❝ A few days here, and I already have a fan! What’s the name, sweetheart? Poppy? ❞ She coo’s from behind the molly, taking a seat as Poppy would whirl around her face her, another small victory as Azalea found herself having to crane her head slightly downwards to meet the others gaze.
"What? are you upset because I'm telling the truth? sorry im not a liar like the rest of these cats.”
Now, Poppy’s fiendish friends are looking from Azalea to her, hungry to see how this will play out.
❝ That’s cute. Almost as cute as that runt of a minnow you brought in yesterday, in fact, I’m fairly sure it’s still rotting at the bottom of the pile, being as it couldn’t even feed a kit ❞ Azalea bit back, but keeping her tone cool, mocking. ❝ I bring in more prey in a quarter moon than you could in a day, and I can prove it too- ❞ she pauses, her grin shifting to the side as she leans closer, ❝ Hunting competition, whoever brings in more by say, sun high, wins. Or.. are you too scared, princess? ❞ She hums, confidence in abilities radiating off of her. She would win this, Poppy was as poor of a hunter as her shit-talking, Azalea could only assume that much.

[ please wait for @POPPY. ]
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES

Reactions: POPPYSPLASH.
poppy knows exactly what she's doing. taunting her. working her up to spill words of wanting to prove that she's better than her by a hunting challenge. hunting isn't her strong suit. it never has been. it takes too long. it's not like fighting. hunting is slow and filled with accuracy that she cannot care enough to have. hunting is, in simpler terms, boring. fighting is all she cares about. of course, if she talks all the mess she does, she's gotta have the claws to defend herself and stars does she. with a wrinkle of her nose, she looks over at her so-called friends ( though honestly, she'd never call them that. they're nothing to her. most are. ), with a huff.

she knows what she's doing. well played, fishbrain.

standing up with a stretch of her legs, the pale and white feline grins maliciously for just a moment before she simply nods. whatever. she can hunt a bit. she's not good at it, sure, but this is also just a way for azalea to fluff up her ego. tch. she hates her.

i hate you with every fiber of my being. you're not about to humiliate me.

"sure. but we don't need an audience. they'll just scare the prey. let's go, I don't have all day to wait for you." she insists, turning on her paws and heading straight out of the little set up of camp... if you could even call it that. her tail flicked idly behind her, with a tilt of her head. she is quick to breathe in a breath or two, annoyance making her normally well groomed pelt fluff up. she adjusted the flower that was tucked nearly behind her ear, between her fur to stay put, only twitching her nose to sniff the air. ugh. hunting was disgusting.

it's barbaric. badger brained behavior. thats why she knows how to and i don't. i'm not a filthy flea bath like them. i'm still better than them. her. him. everyone. all of them.

her innermost thoughts say one thing but she knows the truth. it's a facade. a facade she doesn't plan on breaking any time soon.
[ I'LL GIVE YOU THE WORLD ]

Nothing amuses Gull more than petty drama.

He'd been lazing in the sun when the two she-cats started going at it. Tattered ears perk, the silver tabby grunting as he raises himself up to find the source of the bickering. Azalea is spitting sweetened venom towards Poppy over the size of prey. Gull's lips quirk, yellowed teeth revealing themselves as he barks a laugh. "Uh-oh, catfight!" Dark green eyes flick back and forth between the two mollies, glittering with something akin to joy. Oh, he's eating this shit up.

Leaning over to the nearest cat, Gull loudly whispers, "My bet's on the little feisty one." He gestures towards Azalea with a grin. Despite Poppy's insistence that they don't garner a crowd, Gull trails after the two, still snickering.

− ♱ ABOUT : he seemed to be intruding on something. the tortoiseshell chimera entered the clearing with a fish dangling fat from his maw, teeth pressing delicately between the salmon's shimmering scales. it's azaelea's voice that rings first, the tail end of her speech ; a haughty, mocking tone that he imagines would be scathing for any youth her age. he wonders when he got too old to be too affected by the scathing remarks of his peers, but his days training under hare whiskers and the elders of his colony still weighed heavy in his mind. he knew how easy it was to ruffle each others fur, the burning sting of humiliation. he smiles quietly despite himself, coming up alongside gull and lowering his salmon to his paws.

my bets on the fiesty one. cicada snorts, " yes. nothing like a little healthy competition. " the word is stressed with a pointed half - lean towards the two bickering mollies, a chastising tease, quirking his furrowed brow upward. cicada glances down towards the fish lying between snowy paws. how he'd survived for so long on lizard and frog, he didn't know — he would never interrupt the competitive spirit of his clan's youth, but he would also never refuse an extra kill. despite their red - hot attitudes, it was entertaining to watch, and he was not going to complain about the thickening of their prey pile. poppy stalks off and cicada blinks, watching the pale molly head towards the opening of reed and river water. oh, boy. after quickly digging a place for his fish, the tom would swipe a tongue over his teeth, trotting quickly after the trio with curled tail held low.

he would linger a little behind, not only to an eye out for any issues ; but to see how they were coming along in water hunting. it was an adjustment, certainly to those who hailed from the marsh or pine lands. his pace steadies to a slow, silent trot, slinking into the thick undergrowth to watch.

• CICADA ; he / him, roughly thirty seven months old, riverclan leader
    − tall black smoke tortie chimera with icecap eyes and curly fur, homosexual
    − speaks with a german accent, former marshlander, penned by antlers

• none.

GOT A HEAD FULL OF SPIDERS

Ears perked at the sound of a confrontation and others joining in, agreeing to the idea that had been tossed about by the ever so "friendly" Azeala, blinking she would approach as her gaze drifted from Azeala to Poppy and then Gull, as well as their leader, Cicada and she, hummed a bit before tilting her head slightly. This was a bit... much, but the other seems fine with it and she let out a gentle soft sigh before wiggling to find a spot near and between Gull as well as Cicada. "I could offer to watch the competition" the girl said smoothly towards them. Frost wasn't a great hunter herself, Spider had always been the kind to go on hunting trips when it had just been the two of them so she hardly had the training or the skills like he would, so in which case she wanted to try and avoid being in a competition that would not go all too well.

"You know? Someone, to keep count on who caught how many? So it would be truly fair of a competition" she beamed at the others as her curled ear twitched a bit. Maybe she could use this time to watch the others and try to learn after them so she could practice in her own time to hone her skills, just so she did not end up in the situation Poppy was in right now, which, sounded like a brilliant idea.
"speak""Thoughts"

✵ ღ ☾ IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE - The smirk on her maw is dripping with confidence as she shifts to her paws. Despite Cicadastar’s gentle encouragement for a healthy competition, Azalea knew one thing for certain.
Poppy just made herself a new enemy.
Perhaps a bit dramatic, but she needed to be knocked down a peg, or three.
Sapphire optics flicker to Frost, giving the molly a sharp nod. ❝ Smart. Wouldn’t want to risk any cheating ❞ she hums, feathery tail flicking at the ground, sending a small cloud of dust in Poppy’s direction. Whether the dirt would speckle the molly or not Azalea would stride ahead, her silvery pelt brushing against the others with deliberation. ❝ Good luck, you’re gonna need it ❞ she sneered with challenge before taking off from the small group, though not straying too far for the sake of Frost’s observation of the competition.
❝ Speech. ❞
THE HATRED IN HER EYES