he shoots, he scores !! // playing a game

Jun 7, 2022

no one by now is a stranger to what was happening between the pine group and marsh group, especially not after today when the hunting patrol had come back with an injured finch who leaned heavily on his other groupmates for support after running into the marsh-dwellers over at the oak territory. it gave everyone a sour taste in their mouths at the news and it was understandable, were they truly that cruel to attack cats unprovoked?

huckleberry isn't the biggest fan of uneccessary conflicts that could have an easier solution to fix but this sort of thing was out of his paws. it's why today he decided alot of his groupmates needed some sort of break, a distraction from the issues at hand. so, on the outskirts of camp in an open area is where he got to work setting something up. the black smoke would have first scored his claws into the dirt to form a line then created a matching one on the far end of the opposite side, a pondering look appearing on his face for a moment before he got an idea.

the sire disappeared into the low brush for a few seconds before re-appearing with a set of flowers in his maw, two white daisies and two red poppies. if he were at the barn he would've used something else but these will have to do as they were placed at the ends of each line as a way to distinguish which is which. with his work being finished amber hues would catch the sight of one of groupmates nearby and gave a little hollar. "oy! ya down ta play a lil game with me? i promise it'll be fun! we jus' need a mossball and a few more cats."

// cat soccer cat soccer.
// just to add this is set b4 he goes with rain to marsh territory

Last edited:

HANGING ONTO HOPE

The word game was hardly in the air before Ember's head shot up. The squirrel she had been eating lie beneath her paws a she looked toward Huckleberry with eyes agleam. Swallowing the bite she had already taken in a hurry, she raced over to meet his call. "Of course I wanna play a game! You shouldn't even have to ask." She told him, practically vibrating with excitement. Playing a game with her groupmates sounded wonderful, especially given their recent troubles. What better way to get everyone's mind off of it?

"If you get the mossball, I can get more cats!" The molly told him, all too eager to spread the news. So eager, in fact, that she raced off without giving him so much as a chance to respond. Her immediate thought was to duck her head into the bramble bush that housed the warrior's den. Surely there'd be more than enough friendly faces for the game there! "Hey!" she shouted in, "Anyone wanna play a game with me and Huckleberry?"

Haku had not been napping- no, never. He pulled his weight in this group just as much as anyone else, and had just been checking that his nest was comfortable- closing his eyes for a few moments to imagine what it might be like to nap was not slacking off!

Still, even if he had, that respite was not long for this earth- vociferous tones crashed through the threshold of the warriors den, surely shocking awake anyone who lay within- Haku included. A few heavy blinks, quick as snaps, cleared the blear from his eyes, drowsiness drying out his mouth. A game?

Everyone was a little on edge after word of that altercation with the marsh group, that was for sure. That they cared so much for what they believed was their territory that they might sic a ravenous beast upon someone their junior. Haku had resolved to believe that the story had been somewhat embellished through gossip, but the plain facts were shocking enough. Despite his general withdrawal, there was something... appealing about a game. Light, and not anything he had to think about. He might not even have to speak.

"If you'll have me." His words were croaked, and he cleared his throat afterward. Looking at his eyes, that creased and curved to waxing gibbous, would reveal something of a smile.
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

( ⋆✦° ) Bug didn't want to think about the attack on Finch earlier today. She didn't want to accept that life isn't perfect. Instead, she busies herself with menial things, trying to preoccupy her mind and move away from the subject of discord between the two groups.

They're in the middle of harmless gossip with another young NPC when Ember's call catches their attention. Mottled ears perking, Bug's head shoots up, their green eyes glimmering. A game is a perfect distraction! Within seconds, they're on their paws and skipping over to the small group assembled, previous gossip forgotten. "Me! I will!" They knead the grass as they come to a halt, a smile spreading across their face.

She turns to Haku with a light snort, beckoning him closer with a flick of her tail tip. "Of course we'll have you, silly furball! Get over here!" No cat left behind!