HEAD AND HEART [ camp ]

Jun 11, 2023
STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
Slender paws stepped free of the medicine den. Dark at the end of his limbs, fading into white as it reached his body. His head entered the sunlight next, squinting against the vibrant ray of a cold sun, ducking his head like he hadn't seen sunlight in a month. And that was mostly true- he had seen it through the entrances of the den, but he had barely been conscious or all there when they were forced to abandon camp. Falconpaw slowly stepped out of the den, his body looking worse for wear. The illness had worn off, but he still looked achingly tired, and his body looked skinny.

He breathed deeply, finally free of stuffy noise, sore throat, and the constant reek of herbs. Some weren't bad, but having to smell it near constantly was driving him nuts. His head tilted back, having come to a short stop outside of the medicine den, letting out a soft purr. "I missed fresh air." He said to no one in particular.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

Shimmerkit turned his head as he heard fallen leaves crinkling under an older cat's paws. The older tom was unfamiliar to him, but then again, most everybody in SkyClan still was. He trotted up to the other tom, tipping his head back to look up at him. He looked exhausted, and his voice sounded as though he hadn't used it for seasons.

Not that it mattered to Shimmerkit. A new face in SkyClan was an opportunity for a new friend, something he hadn't made many of yet in his short time in the clan.

"Hi!" he greeted. "Are you okay?"

❀‿ With the journey cats back home and Skyclan's rogue problem seeming to have been dealt with for good, Lupinepaws's unclimbable mountain of worry has been fortunately reduced almost completely back to its resting state of... a smaller mountain. A hill, perhaps? In any case, the only cat she had left to mentally will not to die was one that fought his battle in the medicine den. He was strong, she knew this, strong enough to last all this time without a cure, but plenty of strong cats succumbed to yellowcough, and Lupinepaw would not let death catch her off guard.

"Falconpaw!" She exclaimed at the sight of a familiar warm brown and cream form sitting outside the medicine den as she returned from the morning's hunting patrol. She dropped off the finch she caught onto the freshkill pile and bounded over to greet him. "I'm so glad you're out of your nest," she purred and leaned to press her muzzle against his shoulder gently, "How are you feeling?"

• OOC: mobile :3
  • lupine_fullbodyy.png
  • lupinekit . lupinepaw
    — trans she/her. 6mo apprentice of skyclan
    — ??? ; single
    — tall, long-haired black smoke with low white and green eyes
    — smells like sweet lupine flowers and young pine needles
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — icon by saturnid, fullbody and chibi by nya
    — penned by eezy

I’ll bet you have,” Blazestar purrs, watching Falconpaw reintegrate himself into daily camp life one trembling pawstep at a time. He’s one of the last of the ill to emerge, shaken and thin but alive, alive and healthy. The Ragdoll watches with pride as first Shimmerkit and then Falconpaw’s denmate, Lupinepaw, approach to check on him. His Clan is strong, their bonds stronger than their weaknesses, and this is why they persevere, he thinks to himself with a smile.

Blazestar stands a couple of foxlengths away, watching Lupinepaw press her muzzle to Falconpaw’s. “Perhaps he’d like some fresh-kill,” he suggests. “You should keep your strength up.

, ”

STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
One of the first few to greet him was a kit- one that was just as unfamiliar to him as he was to the kit. A briefly amused look crossed his achingly tired face, vision tipping down towards Shimmerkit. Falconpaw didn't quite know what to say to that, but he'd start with- "I just got back from not being okay, so I guess so." He stated softly.

Then, his closest friend. Vision lifted towards Lupinepaw, his ears perking. Expression softened and a grin spread on his face, the tips of his ears warming as Lupine dashed over. "Lupinepaw." He breathed softly, head turning to press against hers as they made contact. The last time he had really touched her... stars, it had been when he'd bitten her tail, wasn't it? "I'm very tired, but I'm.. incredibly grateful that I'm alive." He said, drawing back to smile at her.

"Remind me to never bite anyone's tails anymore, yeah?" He teased lightly. It seemed like a scrape with dead did well for his humor. Vision lifted next to the ragdoll who wore a proud expression, and it was like his heart melted all over again. "I'm.. yeah, I guess I am a tad bit hungry." He laughed quietly, his tail swaying. "I miss being strong. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get back to normal, hey?" His vision cast from Blazestar back to Lupinepaw.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS