private hear my words now like they're just wind

TASTED LIGHT BUT FED THE DARK
WAITING FOR THEM ALL TO SEE

periwinklebreeze 18 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

65159467_tnf87OqnTSUrkxO.png
With danger lurking around every corner, periwinklebreeze probably shouldn't be alone - shouldn't be wandering so far away. But... he knows this path the way few do. It'd carried them home from the mountains once - this time, he follows the thunderpath back the other way this time - away from windclan and the horseplace that lay behind him. It's a relief, this silence - this freedom. No watchful eyes, no heavy weight of expectations other than his own.

Paws stumble, rocks scatter, and he curses starclan beneath his breath with a wince. He doesn't understand how the others do it - how they cope with the change in their vision and sight. The loss of it all. Even now, shadows creep and flicker where they shouldn't be, obscuring the right side of his vision as though taunting him. But there's nothing he can do about it, and so he keeps going - jaws parting to taste the air, tail tip twitching at the tell-tale scent of prey nearby.

Sleek figure drops into a crouch, moving forwards in silence until at last periwinkle eyes spot his prey. Tongue swipes across his jaws in hunger, shadowy figure ready to pounce, and then-

And then someone else arrives - on paws far clumsier than his own. There is no time to think, to react - the squirrel darts away in a rush, climbing the trees far faster than he can follow even with his eyes alone. " F-fox-dung, " he curses, but it's half-heart - tone light with laughter. " I th-think it saw you c-coming, " he jokes, though it only takes a moment to realize the cat eh's speaking to isn't one he's familiar with. Pelt bristles, but he doesn't do anything more - he's not looking for a fight after all.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T O L O V E M Y S E L F I S W A Y T O H A R D

N3lR7UO.gif
When one hadn't been properly taught a skill, they tended to be pretty bad at it. There were ways of learning it by yourself, namely trial and error, but the amount of time and energy that it took was absurd. Michael had never had to hunt for himself until recently. He'd not actually been outside, ever, until a few moons ago.

The dark tom had been keeping a distance from the clans, one run-in with Skyclan was enough for him, but he couldn't get too far before an odd anxiety settled in his gut. He didn't know why but maybe, just once, his gut was telling him something that he should heed. He didn't get too close, staying on the outskirts of the territories was already pushing it, but he didn't think he'd casually run into any of the clan cats.

Today found him hunting, or trying to. He'd not been able to catch anything. There were no lazy squirrels in leafbare, no minorly injured birds he could creep up on and desperately bite at, nothing. He wouldn't last if it kept up like this.

The paws that leapt after a squirrel were indeed clumsy, no grace or stealth in the energy behind them. There was no time to process the disappointment though, as a voice came out of nowhere. He'd been too focused on the prey to smell or hear the other feline. He'd immediately be stumbling backward, eyes wide and locked onto the clan cat beside him. His heart raced and his stomach churned. " I-uh.. " He'd never be able to outpace a trained adult. " I'm sorry.. " For what? he wasn't entirely sure.

TASTED LIGHT BUT FED THE DARK
WAITING FOR THEM ALL TO SEE

periwinklebreeze 18 moons demi-boy he/they windclan moor runner

65159467_tnf87OqnTSUrkxO.png
For a moment, peri is startled by the toms reaction - and then he remembers that this isn't windclan. This is a stranger, a kittypet by the looks of their strange accessories, faced with a battle scarred feline. He looks awful, he knows - he's seen his reflection in the snow melt, seen the way the barn cats sometimes send him pitying looks. A laugh bubbles up in his throat, the sound soft and gentle despite the self-loathing he feels. " Im s-sure I look a fright, d-don't I? " he asks, keeping his tone playful and light - hoping to come across as non threatening as possible between his posture and mannerisms. " D-don't worry - I d-don't bite. I'm... not much g-g-good at fighting, " he adds, tail flicking nervously. " ... would you like s-some help hunting? " any other day, he'd probably not offer - it was hard enough to feed yourself during leafbare, let alone the entire clan after all - but the barn had had more than enough mice, leafbare hunger only a distant memory.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T O L O V E M Y S E L F I S W A Y T O H A R D