private Heart of gold || Honeysplash

Mar 13, 2024
❀ . ° ✦ In her two-leg den, there were countless toys, both big and small. One small toy mouse had been the regular target of one equally small apprentice. Ever since she returned to her den, Peachpaw had been practicing jumping, clawing, and biting the poor stuffed red and white mouse. She, of course, wouldn’t say it out loud, but she was nervous about the incoming sunrise. Honeyspash had wanted to practice hunting with her. With a yowl, she charged at the mouse, raising her upper body up before smashing her body weight down upon the toy. Things never really happened the same way out in the forest as they would at her den, and she couldn’t understand why.

Once the sun rose again, Peachpaw came back to camp, like most days. But this time she carried a colorful mouse with a bell attached to its tail. Holding her head and tail high, Peachpaw found it so funny that with every step she took, the bell would ring out, and she was sure that there was no way she’d lose it. Blue eyes scan the open area. It didn’t take but a few moments of searching before landing the familiar assortment of cream and orange fur. The apprentice raced over. “ Honeysplash! Honeysplash!” She calls out loudly, despite the mouse in her mouth muffling her voice. “Training! Training! Training!”

Oh! Peachpaw lowered the mouse on the ground, “I brought my own mouse”

• Love
Reactions: Honeysplash

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- They had been a wreck since this morning. They had felt like they had started to over analyze every little thing that they could think of to do for Peachpaw. They wanted to be a good mentor! They wanted to be the best mentor- but it felt like they were unequipped for it. Fighting and hunting had never been their strong suit, and their own mentor Sharpeye had been banished from the clan not long before their ceremony. Plus being away from the clans for some time hadn’t helped their skills either but this just meant they had to work harder with Chrysaliswing.

Honeysplash had been pacing the camp, outside of the warriors’ den, in their fret over the perfect plan of training Peachpaw when the apprentice rushed up to them. The warrior started slightly as they had been lost in their own spiral of thoughts at the time and they blinked a few times, round gaze. Peachpaw was talking but their brain felt like it was trying hard to process the words.

The cream and white warrior blinked a few times at the she-cat before then shaking their head to dislodge their spiral, “I think you’re saying training?” They asked the cat amused and then she set down this mouse. It was obviously a toy and it was red and white, with a small bell on it as well. Honeysplash softened slightly at the sight of the toy, it reminded them of their own toys they had had back in their own twoleg home. It was quite the throw back, but she glanced to Peachpaw as they proudly boasted of bringing their own mouse.

I see- you brought you own” They echoed back with amusement and took a paw to paw the toy a little closer to them, “Though have you ever seen a real one? Or been near a real one beside in teh prey pile?” Their tone was genuine and sweet.

• SPEECH
  • 78199381_aoTXrQHcRsrwjrB.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

❀ . ° ✦ Peachpaw tilted her head. It was easy for her to forget that catching real mice was something clan cats had to do for food. There were no two-legs around to bring bowls out here; if they wanted to eat, you’d need to work. Even though the living prey were really fast, it was like they knew she was there, about to attack. Often taking off to hide away.

“I charge at them, and they always end up running away." Peachpaw chirped after a moment. “Toy mice don’t move, so they are a lot easier to catch." ‘Especially with a bell’ but she kept that part to herself.

One was expected to ‘pull their weight’ as Slate says. She was confused about whether he meant it literally or metaphorically. At least with Honeysplash, she felt comfortable enough to express her genuine concerns about everything. Peachpaw was glad that her mentor was so calm about everything. Or maybe the apprentice herself was the one who calmed down some. It was about time they’d quit blowing off their changes to improve.

“You’re a great hunter, right? How many mice have you caught?” She asked in awe. There were probably too many to count! Peachpaw could imagine her and her mentor being back five no! Ten mice to the fresh kill pile once she gets good at hunting!

• ooc:
  • 79771381_SsdyTucGEB4AMbh.png
    Peachpaw — she/her ・ 7 moons ・ daylight apprentice, Skyclan ・ PENNED BY @Ghostunes!
    Grey and cream tortie has blue eyes.Tags

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Peachpaw had to be the cutest little cat they had ever interacted with. So chipper and eager to do something, it reminded them of when they were an apprentice under Sharpeye. Honeysplash nodded at Peachpaw words and put a paw on the little white and red mouse, “Well that is why youre assigned to me, silly, we’re gonna work on it so you can catch a real one without it running away” She gave a little chuckle and went to paw the mouse to the side, Peachpaw can keep it in camp or take it back home with her when she leaves.

Then the young apprentice asked how many mice she’s caught and the young warrior gave a meek smile, “Definitely more than four? I dont think I could keep track of them all” She wasnt the best hunter per se, she was retraining herself to be better since her leg injury and coming back to Skyclan, “I fell out of being good at hunting when i hurt my leg, but- i would say i am quite qualified to teach you” She puffed out her chest proudly and chuckle before standing up from where she had been.

Honeysplash then limbed her way over to the way to camps’ entrance, “Leave the mouse here, lets go see something cool,” she grinned mischievously.

• SPEECH
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    see battle info here

❀ . ° ✦ Peachpaw chucked; she supposed that’s why the whole apprentice system was made in the first place. Putting her worries about her lack of skills aside, she let herself embrace learning about the clan she’d dreamed of joining for a long time. Her world of make-believe and reality were finally combining. She didn’t doubt that Honeysplash was a great hunter, but it was still stunning to hear. Her mouth agape, ‘image not being able to keep track of your own catches!”

Her mentor proudly declared that, despite her injuries, she could still teach her to hunt. Interesting, her tip of her tail bounced around. She’d only met the medicine cat briefly after an oops with some berries, so Peachpaw definitely wanted to know what happened. "How did you hurt your leg? Wait, did you go into the medicine cat den or to your twolegs?” She rambles as casually as she could manage her big grayish blue eyes, blinking up curiosity.

She was internally screaming. It took a lot of willpower for it to not come out vocally. They were leaving camp to go do something supercool in uncharted territory. Skyclan territory in general was still hard for her to navigate. Peachpaw followed her limping mentor closely, her paws eager to take off. “Where are we going to a super secret skyclan place?”she asked, looking around at every little thing as they walked. "You know, when I was little, I used to think skyclan cats lived in the trees like squirrels."
  • ooc:

• Love
Reactions: Honeysplash

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- It would be a lie if they didnt admit to being a little nervous. Honeysplash had never mentored before and she felt like she still had so much to learn herself let alone teach another. She couldnt think like that though as it would only deter their ability to teach correctly. Peachpaw then asked how they hurt their leg and they flicked an ear slightly, biting their tongue to prevent from saying it wasnt worth worrying about. No she had to encourage questions and learning- right?

I broke it before i came back to the clans, Dawnglare and Fireflypaw helped me a lot with healing” She answered the young cat bordering on truth and also not the full story, “I havent been with twolegs since i was your age, Peachpaw, though i do wonder sometimes how my own twolegs are fairing from time to time,” She gave a small chuckle and a slight shrug of his shoulders.

She hadn’t thought about them in moons- she hoped they were okay and living their best lives. Though Peachpaw asked about the super secret place and they grinned at the young cat, “I wouldn’t say its super secret, but it is the best place to find mice if you ask me” She answered the young cat. The Great Oak had been the place they thought of taking Peachpaw too. Give her a chance to see a real mouse in action rather than something red and white.

I know some cats who would rather sleep in the trees than on the ground, but thats asking to fall out of a tree,” Honeysplash commented back to Peachpaw about her topic of cats living in the trees. That’d be cool, a little home in the throngs of branches.

• SPEECH
    see battle info here

❀ . ° ✦ She was shocked to hear how easygoing the other cat was about no longer seeing her twolegs. Having heard about cats joining as rouges but kitty pets completely leaving their twolegs behind? Peachpaw didn’t know how to feel about it; perhaps she was still too new to the wild world to want to leave the comforts behind.

As they walked, the sharp scent of pine she’s grown accustomed to was joined by another more subtle, sweet smell of oak. This tree had clearly been growing for a very long time, with thick branches and roots spilling to and fro. Confidently there. “It would definitely make a cool sneak attack, with everyone jumping down from the trees.” It definitely felt weird to be moving around the forest; it was quieter than her den, but at the same time, not quiet at all.

The sound of rustling caught the attention of perky gray eyes. A small black mouse was making its way through some leaves close to the tree. Peachpaw stopped her rambling and quickly stopped to stare. "Oh look, we were just talking about those," she says in a gleeful hushed tone. "Look how fast it's going." Honestly, with each little brown mousy step, Peachpaw expects it to take off, despite the distance between them. Her wide blue eyes wouldn’t look away, even for a second. Peachpaw crouched down, wiggling from side to side.
  • ooc: