pafp HEARTBEAT // incident, prompt

//Prompt: "Whilst on patrol a small accident befalls one of his clanmates. However, using his quick thinking, Shiningsun is able to help them and prevent them from getting a severe injury." Please wait for @COYOTEBITE

It had been a while since he had last led a hunting patrol through the territory but Shiningsun didn't feel overly concerned. The heavy rain and sleet from earlier that day had passed and now a brief window of sunshine shone down to warm their backs as they traversed the woodland environment. "Apart from muddy paws I reckon we've lucked out with the weather, heh!" The tom purred as he beamed a wide smile back at the others on the patrol. Now he just hoped that their stroke of luck extended to the hunt itself for the clan's sake.

As they began to spread out Shiningsun found himself eyeing one tree in particular. It seemed to lean awkwardly to one side and it creaked in an eerie manner that had his hackles raising. Every instinct told him to stay away and that there was danger, but when he caught sight of Coyotebite's pelt moving close to the tree's location he simply reacted. The tom was charging forward, and by the next heartbeat he was aiming to tackle his clanmate in the bid to evade the tree as it came crashing down. Shiningsun found himself encompassed within the cage of branches, bruised with a few cuts, but thankfully spared from being crushed under the tree's mighty trunk. "By StarClan... that was close. Coyotebite, are you alright?"

It happened fast enough that she didn't even realize that it was happening. How had she failed to hear the cracking of the tree? Anyone back at camp should have been able to hear that! Shiningsun had quickly knocked her out of the way, which had prevented her from any injuries herself. Looking over him as he popped up from the branches of the tree, she would sigh in relief upon concluding that he didn't have any major injuries himself. "I-I'm alright. A little shaken up but I'm okay. I don't know how I missed that, I suppose I was too focused on that mouse to notice." Offering Shiningsun a head nod of appreciation, she would shake out her pelt in an attempt to clear the embarrassment from herself. She was lucky that someone was paying attention for her, otherwise, she would have been crushed for sure.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ nightbird was off, trailing after her own prey. she had drawn quite far from the rest of the patrol, but when the sound of splitting wood hit her ears all prey was forgotten. she pulled up her head sharply, stretching her neck to try and find the source before ducking under undergrowth to get there as fast as she could.

soon, the mighty oak had fallen, kicking up dirt, snow, and leaves. vision clouded, the last thing she saw before it went down was shiningsun darting towards it. nightbird's heart sank, they could not afford to lose another warrior so early in the season. "is anyone hurt?" she called out, paws glued in place as she tried to see over the log. as soon as everything had settled, she jumped on top of the fallen tree, peering down to see coyotebite and shiningsun, shaken but okay. "thank starclan," she sighed, tail twitching behind her as the adrenaline began to wear off. "neither of you were hit?"

• IMG_0032.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, twenty-eight moons.
    a small black smoke molly with a single white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to tba
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.