camp HEAVEN KNOWS I'M MISERABLE NOW // SHORT TEMPER

Dec 21, 2023
Hunting had become increasingly hard, with a cat trailing her steps most days; though, despite this, Badgerstripe had hardly learned to hold her tongue. But it seems no matter what she says to deter her guards, they find themselves ruining the hunts of their supposed Clanmates anyway. It's exasperating - how is anyone supposed to get fed like this?

Today, after a few day streak of good behavior, Badgerstripe finally had the moment to herself. And, stars be blessed, luck had granted her with a bounty of a small family of two plump mice. She carries them home by their tails with a chin held high as she breaks through the camp's entrance. She is pondering how many young ones these mice could feed, and how good and strong it made her look to return home with a successful hunt on her own for the first time since the takeover - when all of a sudden, a blunt force hits her side and she staggers sideways with a soft oof, dropping her catch and watching them slide across the dusty hollow.

In an instant, Badgerstripe's ears are warm, and she whirls around to face the cat - an apprentice, almost ready for her warrior name, who had walked into her as if she were invisible. " Ugh! Walk much? " the warrior chides, meeting Vixenpaw's eyes with a hard stare. " Look - you've gone and dirtied my catch. Can't you watch where you're going? Aren't you - " Her words seem to fumble out of her mouth without much thought - they come swiftly and sternly, with enunciated spats at each hard syllable. But, then, she abruptly stops, just as quickly as she had started her little freak-out; her eyes widen for a moment, as if she had just realized what rudeness came out of her mouth.

A heavy sigh leaves Badgerstripe's mouth as she raises a paw to her temple. Stars, what a scene she was making - why was she so upset over this? " No - I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, " she mutters, drained by her own short temper. " Don't know what got into me. It's been a long day, I guess. " As she finishes her tired apology, she moves over to where her mice lay a tail-length away and reach down to grab them, acutely aware of the eyes burning into her pelt. She had gone and ruined her good behavior again, hadn't she? How embarrassing..

badger-redesign-removebg-preview.png
BADGERSTRIPE ( she/her )​

( ooc ) @vixenpaw. but no need to wait !

Unfortunately, the cat to trail her was her mentor- sided with the enemy, reminding her that he watches everyone, everywhere. If a little birdy told him something, she wouldn't even be able to tell which birdy it was. With the weariness in her eyes, it became harder to tell who was friend or who was foe. Who had given up and accepted their fate to follow Skyclaw like a sheep in a herd.

But Vixenpaw would not. She would keep her head held high, and her comments would become louder that Skyclaw was a coward. That was, until Doelight made sure her paws were sore before sun high every day. Up before any other apprentice, Vixenpaw would hear her name being called with a voice that used to sound caring, until her comments towards him became known. Now, her mentor was just as cold towards her as she was towards the cruel leader.

But she had learned to keep her mouth shut, mostly, and gaining some points with her mentor. Just not enough. Her paws moved on shaky limbs, exhaustion coursing her body as her mouth was filled with bile for the elders ticks and fleas. Tend to them, and maybe, you'll respect them more as you should. Blue eyes sent daggers to her mentors form, licking her paw and cleaning herself, getting the rest that Vixenpaw craved more than anything right now.

Just to sit... For a moment. Her eyes dropped to the ground as she continued walking, thinking about the heavy sleep she would hope to fall into this night on their side of the den. Even thinking about it, Vixenpaws eyes slowly drifted, stumbling on her paws a bit-

Thud.

Her eyes suddenly widened awake and realized what she had done as badgerstripes words burned into the apprentices ears, blue orbs turning from green to the bile that had fallen from her own maw to the ground, and the mice that had fallen ahead. "How d-" she cut herself off rather quickly, biting her tongue in a manner to try to think rationally.besides, she was too tired to snap back, and she fought the urge in her paws to just strike, tired of the way others were treating her, tired of the way others were treating her allies. Just... Tired. She reminded herself quickly that Badgerstripe was not an enemy. She was a friend of sorts. Acquaintance more like. Right?

It's been a long day, I guess.

"It's been that way for most everyone, Badgerstripe." Vixenpaw muttered, eyes sullen. "Sorry, I dozed off. I should've been paying attention and alert." She mumbled. She wasn't one to apologize, nor one to admit she was wrong. Especially with the attitude that was bestowed upon her. "You did a good job with your hunt."

Reactions: ixora