camp held like a knife ✧ mournful messenger

⋆ ✧    ·   ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ⋆     ·   ✧ ⋆
lichen.png

-- mentions the death of Cicadastar --

There weren't many reasons to be in ShadowClan's camp as a bearer of good news. Lichentail was not part of the sick, the expecting or the young and had been icily cast to the Burnt Sycamore since their battered arrival. She would not bring well tidings, no celebrations or hopeful updates-- the reality still seemed so far away. He had stood like a relentless waterfall, pouring carving paths to guide the rivers; he had been a stalwart protector with an untouchable confidence, such a bright shining star to be snuffed out so quickly.

Part of her sorely wished Willowroot were still a lead warrior instead, someone with more experience, someone better with words; it wasn't like their options were many when Snakeblink often talked his own foot into his mouth. That queen was among the few who would be given another weight to bare... how to even begin to tell the sick? And Ravensong... their lone, fever-headed medicine cat.

So it was Willowroot she found first- pale eyes glance nervously between her and those she shares shelter with- Apricotflower, who had shaped the kithoods of RiverClans earliest generations... StarClan was cruel to spite them even here, under the shade of a sky that wasn't theirs and for it to be him. "I'm so sorry," she begins, ears flattening at her own words; she hadn't even said anything bad yet and already was apologizing, as if that might make the truth sting less- "It's... It's Cicadastar- he's not with us. Anymore..."

Clenched jaw, the point flicks her tail to expel the overwhelming sense of bad that rests over her. "Smokethroat managed to recover him but...." The lead shakes their head, unwilling to admit it twice. "Have you seen Starlingheart...? I'll... need her to pass the message to our sick..." She rushes through the steps, wants to be done with it quickly so the ick that sticks to her skin will go away, anything so she'll stop having to say it. A response isn't needed though... she's sure enough based on the smell that the medicine cat's den is near and with it, her clan-mates barely holding on.

Casting a wary glance towards the few ShadowClanners that bother to acknowledge her invasion of their camp, Lichentail lingers anxiously... "I apologize for the intrusion but...." Bowing a mournful head as she speaks loud enough that they might hear her from her rooted position at the den's entrance, the blue point offers the confirmation one last time. "Ravensong... if you can hear me... Cicadastar. He. He joined his ancestors tonight... StarClan has called him home."

ooc; lichentail is bringing news to the riverclanners at the shadowclan camp that cicadastar is dead, starting with their queens !!
EDIT: updated to give news to the sick as well​

Last edited: