hello, my treacherous friends — gravel

• tb8fxw.jpg

GRAVELSNAP ; a name that they wear with pride, and a bit of self-consciousness
    though often grouchy and distant, gravelsnap makes for a capable and caring friend who would sacrifice everything for those he loves.
    gravel given by his father in honor of his grandparent; snap for their quick wit and irritable nature
    — amab non-binary; they/he; prefers gender-neutral terms but accepts masc terms
    — moor runner of windclan; more loyal to his friends than to a clan
    — 27 moons / ages every 6th
    b0rOCnt.png
    ZJLx3iq.png
    — penned by foxlore; PINTEREST ; PLAYLIST
  • tb8fxw.jpg
    shorthaired black with high white / carries longhair, dilute, masks ticked tabby pattern
    DESCRIPTION GOES HERE / TOYHOUSE
    Born with an ashy fever coat, Gravelsnap only began to show their true fur color midway through their apprenticeship. He is an average sized warrior, but carries himself in a way that makes him seem smaller, folded in on himself. His pelt is mostly white, with several solid black patches along his back, and a fully black tail. His eyes are hazel, usually half-lidded with disinterest or boredom.

His scars are mostly hidden beneath his fur. The most obvious are deep scratches above and below their left eye.
  • tb8fxw.jpg

DEDICATED / DUTIFUL / RESPONSIBLE / METICULOUS / CALM / STRATEGIC / OBEDIENT / PERCEPTIVE / ANXIOUS / CONTROLLING / POSSESSIVE / PARANOID / OPPORTUNISTIC
    The first impression that most cats get of Gravelsnap is one of a grumpy warrior who is keen to avoid closeness with others. They were once a fiercely dedicated and loyal WindClanner above all, seeing no wrong in any of Sootstar's actions, but they have since turned their back on the cruel leader. Many of their actions and choices depend upon the cats they are closest to; leaving WindClan behind to follow after Sunstride is a choice that they often find themself regretting. They feel guilty, as though they have betrayed Bluefrost and Thriftfeather, but they know that they can only continue on with their life in their newfound rebellion. They are calm and compassionate, and show a strong sense of empathy and concern for their friends. They tend to become so caught up in the worries of friends that they lose sight of their own desires, and find it difficult to make decisions for themself based on what they want. They are a follower more than anything; when forced to make their own moral decisions, they look to their friends first and foremost.

They are a hardworking warrior, focused on their duties, and do not often engage in activities that they deem pointless or silly. They are willing to make personal sacrifices for the good of the clan, and believe that they will go to StarClan—though they fear such an afterlife. They are extremely anxious, always checking over their shoulder—Gravelsnap is highly perceptive and have a good eye for detail, which only feeds further into their anxiety and paranoia. They tend to overthink things and jump to conclusions before gaining all pertinent information; in doing so, they often end up thinking themself into a panic about things that aren’t likely to actually happen.

Overall, Gravelsnap is a responsible and meticulous warrior, although they can come off as bossy due to their tendency to try and keep others in line. They are a controlling cat at heart, and they hate feeling helpless. They are jealous and possessive, and are liable to lash out if they feels that they are being pushed aside or replaced by another. They have big dreams and lofty ambitions, and are often misled by their own overconfidence.

True Neutral, Soulknife Rogue.
  • tb8fxw.jpg

LYNXTOOTH xx ADELAIDE | Sibling to Ashpaw, Slateheart
    Mentored by Houndthistle / mentoring Sheeppaw
    ⤷ previously mentored Thriftfeather
    Nephew to Juniperfrost | Cousin to Coyotecrest
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: Periwinklebreeze, Bluefrost
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: Dazzlepaw, Addervenom, Snakehiss, Galeforce

HOMOSEXUAL, POLYFLEXIBLE ; MATED TO PERIWINKLEBREEZE
    very slow to trust, to make friends, and to forgive
    SMELLS LIKE: milkweed
    SOUNDS LIKE: Grant George as N (Pokémon Generations)
    speech is #9c929c
  • tb8fxw.jpg

► I Didn’t Ask For This - Beth Crowley
    burnt out former gifted kid - Kid Pixie
    It’s Never Enough - we are the dirt
    playing on train tracks - atlas ivy
    Counting the Days - we are the dirt
    Impostor Syndrome - Ratwyfe
    Nothing Can Save Me (From Myself) - Moon Walker
    Hurt - Johnny Cash
    Nature vs. Nurture - Chase Petra
    I’m Afraid I’ll Go To Heaven - Moon Walker
    Hold Me Like A Grudge - Fall Out Boy
    Promiseland - MIKA
    Hello, My Treacherous Friends - OK Go
    The Fear - Lily Allen
    Control - Halsey
    Panic Room - Au/Ra
    Paranoid Android - Radiohead
    Working For The Knife - Mitski
    Until It Doesn’t Hurt - Mother Mother
  • Code:
    [center][box=70%][justify][font=arial][color=#798058]➴➴[/color] Text

[COLOR=#9c929c]"Text"[/COLOR]

[TABS][tab=➼][color=#798058][b]ooc: [/b][/color]—[/tab]
    [tab=maybe i’ve done enough][fleft][img width=200px]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/58921334_LvhpdhRxLH7s4eM.png[/img][/fleft][size=5][url=https://tabbytales.net/threads/hello-my-treacherous-friends-—-gravel.3393/][color=#90907c][b][font=georgia]GRAVELSNAP[/font][/b][/color][/url] [color=#9c929c]❯❯[/color][/size][color=#bdb3b4][i] they/he, moor runner of windclan[/i][/color]
    [color=#9c929c]⭃[/color] average-sized black and white warrior who seems smaller than he is. speaks rarely and quietly.
    [color=#9c929c]⭃[/color] sibling to slateheart
    [color=#9c929c]⭃[/color] mentoring sheeppaw
    [color=#9c929c]⭃[/color] peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    [color=#9c929c]⭃[/color] penned by [url=https://tabbytales.net/members/77/][color=#9c929c]foxlore[/color][/url][/tab][/tabs][/font][/justify][/box][/center]

Last edited:
➴➴ Text

"Text"

• ooc:
  • 84445298_uFbXRbLaVBwdYuz.png
  • GRAVELSNAP ❯❯ they/he, moor runner of windclan
    average-sized black and white warrior who seems smaller than he is. speaks rarely and quietly.
    mate to periwinklebreeze ; sibling to slateheart
    mentoring sheeppaw ; formerly mentored thriftfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay is allowed, but they hate physical contact & will lash out if not close friends / family
    penned by foxlore

Last edited:
history

born to a pair of loving mothers, the first two moons of gravelpaw’s life were peaceful. he knew nothing but softness, kindness, love. he was happy, even as a young kit and barely able to understand the world. he had two siblings, and he played with them and cared for them and loved them. they were a complete family, and they were happy.

that happiness couldn’t last, though, not when the kits had a third parent around. one day, while lying in tranquility with their mama adelaide and brother slate—their mama silverfoot and sister ash had gone out on a walk—a monstrous cat appeared. and oh, he was so angry. angry at adelaide, roaring mad with it. at the time, gravel couldn’t understand what was going on. there was only blood and fear and only him and slate, and they were being whisked away. away from the blood and the death-scent and the fear.

taken to windclan by lynxtooth, gravel became an apprentice and took the name gravelpaw, and found a hero in sootstar.

during windclan’s raid on skyclan’s camp in search of lifesaving catmint, gravelpaw fought against a skyclan apprentice and decided that they hated all of skyclan. they became more irritable and avoidant of physical contact, even picking a fight with a kit (sunflowerkit) who attempted to play with their tail. later on, they gave a dirty look to sootstar’s newest litter, earning a smack from adderkit, who they fought back against. they formed close bonds with a few friends as the winter passed and spring began creeping in, and experienced oddly conflicting feelings toward their confusing clanmate periwinklepaw. they were assigned to a new mentor, houndthistle, who they grew to admire as one of their favorite warriors.

near the end of gravelpaw’s apprenticeship, their uncle juniperfrost was murdered by hyacinthbreath, riverclanner and windclan exile. gravelpaw participated in windclan’s ensuing raid on riverclan’s temporary camp. gravelpaw attempted to take out the eye of his opponent, almost at the cost of his own eye, and came back to camp with a nasty limp from an injured paw.

gravelsnap’s early warriorhood was marked by conflict and anxiety, with sootstar announcing that she had been attacked by shadowclan deputy smogmaw, trespassing on windclan territory. rumor of a multi-fronted attack on windclan by riverclan and shadowclan was announced soon after, and the clan went into lockdown in their camp. during this time, gravelsnap had at panic attack in front of a clanmate for the first time—badgermoon comforted him, though, and he gained more respect for the deputy. he also gained a new understanding of periwinklepaw, though he still struggled with his feelings toward them.

gravelsnap was assigned an apprentice at the same meeting that his crush friend periwinklebreeze received their warrior name, and that sootstar announced an attack on shadowclan. thriftpaw became their apprentice, and gravelsnap quickly decided that they would be the best mentor they could possibly be.

NEED TO ADD:
— training thriftpaw
— getting yellowcough
— confessing to peri and then pretending it never happened / not really remembering it clearly
— journey rogue trouble, time in thunderclan then shadowclan territory
— killing a rogue and nearly dying themself
— journey cat return
— sootstar shenanigans getting worse, tensions rising in windclan
— reconnecting and trying to bridge the gap between themself and Slatetooth
— sootstar driving out sunstride and rebels, peri begging gravel to go even though gravel really wants to stay
— living in horseplace and hating it
— final battle: killing gooseberry, chasing the loyalists out of territory, cementing their own loyalty to the idea of windclan rather than to a leader, finally realizing that they looooove peri / peri is the main reason that they’re even a kind of decent person and not a horrible shithead loyalist

Last edited:
inventory

a series of multicolored pebbles that are used to strategize; each is connected to and named after a specific clanmate

a simple stone, smooth and flat and grey tinted with shiny copper-toned bits (gifted by periwinklebreeze)

a very smooth stone, marbled with gray, silver, and white (gifted by bluepaw/bluefrost)

Last edited:
battle notes

Open to: injury, scarring
Closed to: maiming, killing

Average height and broad, on the slender side but beginning to show some muscle.
Very agile but not strong, prefers to sneak up on opponents or otherwise fight dirty. Does not believe that battle has rules, and does not have any qualms about fighting unfairly or dishonorably.

Will aim to kill or seriously injure. Will initiate fights. Will run if obviously overpowered or outnumbered. Will not hesitate to harm or kill cats who are obviously younger than him.

— Gravelsnap will always attempt to seriously injure or kill their opponents in battle. This does not mean that they have to be successful though! I write battles very aggressively, but I won’t get upset if your character dodges hits, etc. I want us both to be satisfied with the results of the battle, so feel free to DM me if there’s a certain way you’d like for it to pan out!

— Please note that I will not roll for attacks/damage/etc. Almost all attacks will land on my characters (unless I’m avoiding certain injuries), and I take my characters’ strengths, weaknesses, & experience into account during fights.​

GRAVELSNAP
your golden child grew up

used to let it haunt me, it got so hard to breathe
THE UPSIDE OF ROCK BOTTOM, I’VE SEEN EVERYTHING
they / he ⋆ windclan moor runner ⋆ penned by foxlore ⋆ tags

i am just a human
TRYING TO AVOID MY CERTAIN DOOM
they / he ⋆ windclan moor runner ⋆ penned by foxlore ⋆ tags

Last edited:
The first impression that most cats get of Gravelsnap is one of a grumpy warrior who is keen to avoid closeness with others. They were once a fiercely dedicated and loyal WindClanner above all, seeing no wrong in any of Sootstar's actions, but they have since turned their back on the cruel leader. Many of their actions and choices depend upon the cats they are closest to; leaving WindClan behind to follow after Sunstride is a choice that they often find themself regretting. They feel guilty, as though they have betrayed Bluefrost and Thriftfeather, but they know that they can only continue on with their life in their newfound rebellion. They are calm and compassionate, and show a strong sense of empathy and concern for their friends. They tend to become so caught up in the worries of friends that they lose sight of their own desires, and find it difficult to make decisions for themself based on what they want. They are a follower more than anything; when forced to make their own moral decisions, they look to their friends first and foremost.

They are a hardworking warrior, focused on their duties, and do not often engage in activities that they deem pointless or silly. They are willing to make personal sacrifices for the good of the clan, and believe that they will go to StarClan—though they fear such an afterlife. They are extremely anxious, always checking over their shoulder—Gravelsnap is highly perceptive and have a good eye for detail, which only feeds further into their anxiety and paranoia. They tend to overthink things and jump to conclusions before gaining all pertinent information; in doing so, they often end up thinking themself into a panic about things that aren’t likely to actually happen.

Overall, Gravelsnap is a responsible and meticulous warrior, although they can come off as bossy due to their tendency to try and keep others in line. They are a controlling cat at heart, and they hate feeling helpless. They are jealous and possessive, and are liable to lash out if they feels that they are being pushed aside or replaced by another. They have big dreams and lofty ambitions, and are often misled by their own overconfidence.

Last edited: