private help yourself, help me. ;; dawn & marmalade

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
@DAWNGLARE @MARMALADE

"It's always easier to cuddle up to others when we're cold, but some cats aren't comfortable with being touched. Y'know?"

Fireflypaw has led Marmalade into the medicine den soon after his arrival into camp, the freezing tom must be ready to nap for days after his trek through the forest and falling in the water like that! His eyes briefly turn to his mentor, who's in the back of the medicine den shifting through.. Something? He doesn't know, he can hear sifting in the background, but he doesn't pay much attention to it until Dawnglare says to.

"Everything is going to be okay. You're safe now." He says, smiling to his new friend.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 17 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

જ➶ Everything is so new to them and they aren't sure if everyone will like them. What if they don't? Then what will he do?! The thought is very daunting but he tries his best to stick as close to Fireflypaw as possible. The brushing of fur against is own is a sharp comfort to him. One that brings them some peace of mind. Yet as they listen to Fireflypaw speak he cranes his head up to look at the other with wide blue eyes. Confusion clear in them. "Oh...why?" Beinf around others always makes them happy. Makes them feel safe, especially with his people. But the same isn't for other cats? Strange. Well, at least that is what it is for them. Still he can try to understand as he shifts his way into the den he is being led to. His maw widens with a bright smile as he sees Dawnglare and he moves forward happily, eager to be close before they remember what Fireflypaw just said. Right. They shouldn't.

Ears droop and tail flops to the ground as he slowly sits down. Turning slightly he smiles a little, the welcome much appreciated given the circumstances. At least his shivering is keeping him vaguely warm and he shudders which makes him shake before he shuffles his paws. "Thank you all so much for letting me stay. I'm sorry if I take up too much space."

It is strange hearing his apprentice— immature in his own ways— take up a mentoring role with this one, if only to explain the most basic concepts of personal space. Dawnglare finds it quite easy to forget that the tom is now grown. If used it more wisely, his voice could have quite the presence, he thinks.

This is his respite from the strangers demanding presence; poking his nose into his lavender stores as they settle beside Fireflypaw. They seem about ready to crawl back to him, once he dares to show his face again, but, ah, it seems that he thinks otherwise. A rare blessing from his apprentice is what this made— though, their guest wilts rather pathetically upon doing so. Some strange notion of guilt presses at the corners of his skull, but, ah... There were more pressing matters, at the moment...

They're polite, their words. The medicine cat shakes his head. " No, no... We have had many more bodies than this around at once, " he says with not the most comforting of giggles, harkening back to yellowcough, when bodies had once piled high within these walls... No, this lost fool would never know the like... For the better, of course. Dawnglare's discomfort would not be seen beneath the plaster of his grin and squinted eyes.

Marmalade, was it? Their shivering has not eased greatly, despite their arrival. Dawnglare's gaze trails his form. Perhaps, just in case... " Fireflypaw, let me tell you a tale, " he hums. The sprig of lavender is sat between them all. " My like have little reason to linger around in the cold, but I did know this one soul who'd claimed their den had been locked from the inside. Too much time in leaf - bare's chill had left them not cold, but freezing. All they did was chatter and tremble... "

Not dissimilar from from how their patient looked now... And if he has fallen into freezing waters— yes, that certainly did make sense. " It was pure luck then, or perhaps a blessing that they'd collapsed upon what had soothed them. " He would push the lavender forward to Marmalade, eyes slipping half - shut. " If they hadn't... well... I can't say for certain what might've happened to them... " Something between a smile and a grimace paints his face. An uneasy chuckle leaves him, and he finds that this take unsettled him more now than it ever quite has... Expectantly, he'd look to Marmalade. " The scent seems to soothe the nerves, and so... Smother yourself, hm? "

Back to Fireflypaw, he would turn. " With kits, we may lick their pelt the wrong way - round to stir some warmth... But I'm sure if our guest deems it necessary, they can take care of it themselves, " somewhat pointedly, he adds.

EpC61GT.png

• ooc: sorry this is late!!
  • ( I'M AS ALIVE AS HER BEARD IS LONG ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    𓆩♡𓆪 He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    𓆩♡𓆪 Currently 60 moons old as of 1.1.24. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads