HERE I AM ALONE AND HEARTBROKEN ♡ howlingstar

A few days had passed since she'd helped Howlingstar to the gathering, where she'd proposed a new law to the warrior code. A law based on mistakes that Palefire and her friends had made. Since then, Thunderclan had been struck with turmoil in the aftermath of all that they had lost. Palefire was beginning to feel worn out by all of the guilt she carried, and by the hatred her clanmates directed at her. She wasn't sure how much more she would be able to suffer through. The young warrior had always considered herself to be strong, both physically and mentally, but she didn't know if she could stay here if her entire clan would continue to despise her very existence for the rest of her life. If nothing else, she needed to make sure that Howlingstar knew the truth of what happened that night.

She hadn't said it to anyone else yet, and certainly hadn't admitted it in front of everyone when they'd been interrogated upon returning to camp the night of the invasion. In that moment, her reason for leaving hadn't mattered. She'd still left, and if she had stayed, maybe Sunfreckle wouldn't have died. Anything she'd said in her defense would've come across as an excuse, and she didn't deserve to wriggle her way out of taking the blame for her actions. But she wanted to tell Howlingstar now, in private, so that at least her leader might some day be able to trust her again. She had to make the older she-cat understand that she hadn't left out of a lack of responsibility or respect for her newfound position as a warrior. She took her oath very seriously.

The lilac-furred molly took a deep breath to brace herself before she hesitantly approached Howlingstar's den. She knew that she'd been here for the last few days, resting and healing from the injuries she'd sustained during the wolf baiting patrol. "Howlingstar...? Can I come in?" Her voice was hoarse and weak, but still hopeful. She awkwardly pawed at the starling that she'd brought for the brown tabby. "I brought you something to eat, I thought you might be hungry. But also...." She exhaled slowly, digging her claws into the dirt. "I also wanted to talk to you. About what happened that night."

• 4psYZte.png
  • PALEFIRE she / her, warrior of thunderclan, 13 moons
    lh lilac lynx point w/ low white and blue eyes. tall and slender. built for speed and agility.
    currently emotionally volatile, all opinions are strictly ic and likely spur-of-the-moment
    single, open to relationships / / mentor to no one // mentored by nightbird
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking.
    penned by limerence@limericks. on discord, feel free to dm for plots.