red water rogues HEY, KIDS Into dust together ✘ Bonding?

PRICKLES

Till I'm laughing alone
Jan 4, 2024
*+:。.。 "Riverclanners are so easy to steal from!" Prickles would laugh through their mouthful of prey as they skitter into the abandoned fish shack. More and more, the loner - turned rogue - realized how nice it was to be part of a community. Returning from their collection of ill-gotten spoils to a mass of cats unified under the same goal with the mindset not only to show off but to share...well, it felt almost like having a real family! "Maybe we should - like - band together and like - become the new Riverclan!" cackling nervously as they dropped the stolen treasure, free for anyone to take if they so chose, Prickles would curl their tail and straightened it habitually, still laughing, in the same way, a murder of crows might cry, "W-we should call ourselves, I dunno like - Redclan!"

After all, they kinda didn't want this silly group to disband even after they chased out the clan cats.

• GENERAL:
    Prickles
    DMAB— He/They — Bisexual
    12 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Member of the red water rogues

COMBAT:
    Physically medium | mentally medium
    Attack in bold #f35336
    injuries: None currently

An orange head lifted softly from staring at- oh man, what was he even doing? He must have done it again, spaced out in the middle of... whatever he was doing. A large yawn escaped him, blinking groggily as he focused on what broke his attention instead. "RedClan. I do like the sound of that, becoming something more than just rogues. Well have a name for ourselves!"

Though after a moment, Thorn shrugged his shoulders, before stretching out, digging claws from large paws into the wood of the floorboards before carefully moving forward. "Though I dunno about all that becoming a clan stuff. I like it as it is."

He examined the goods with a squint before reaching foreward to pull close a piece of prey. "Good job."

Brows raised as Prickles burst into their hideout, trying not to flinch at the way that the scabbed skin above his eye contorted at the gesture. Hearing it was RiverClan prey the younger feline had stolen would make it all the tastier when someone inevitably snatched it up, they imagined. "Yeah well, don't get too cocky kid," they warned, tone lackadaisical despite the serious message. They hadn't quite garnered the same attachment to the rogues yet as he had done for the Ripple Colony, despite advising everyone as best he could on RiverClan patrols and culture, it was early days. "I were them, I'd poison prey that they thought we'd nab. Then again, it is cold as anythin' at the moment." And, it seemed unlikely anyone would bother wasting prey, even RiverClan, who were so adept at wasting things (time, loyalty, youth) that Deacon wouldn't be surprised if they considered it a part of their code. The red tabby mentioned banding together, forming a clan, and the laidback smirk on the tabby faltered. So many of the rogues had suggested going their own way once this was over, he doubted there would be more than ten cats left to call a clan.

Deacon, who lay on his back and twisted his head awkwardly to face Prickle, rolled their shoulders. "Clans are proper rubbish mate. Gotta change your name, gotta conform to certain social rules that we won't tell ya. Gotta worship some dead cats that care more 'bout dividing the forest then protectin' kittens from harm and all that. It's all confusin', all terrible." They could make their own meaning, a 'Clan' did not have to be defined by the horrors Sasha and them had been subjected to living under one (horrors like having to wait to eat and not being allowed to talk back to everyone), but Deacon never thought they could shed the association in their head. "Red'd be fittin' though, you both look like how I'd describe a fire to some geezer who'd never seen one." Fur as orange as the cluttered leaffall earth, even if Thorn's fur was mixed with snow white.

✧ .D’you get any more of that? “ Urchin asks at the patch-furred tom’s entrance, cold eyes narrowing at the prey between his maw as he realizes how hungry he actually is. Of course, the needle-furred tom can hunt and provide for himself, but if they’re going to steal prey from RiverClan, then they might as well let the clan cats do all the work — especially when they days still remain cold.

The tom squints at Prickles’ words, a frown pulling at his maw. “ So you want to become the thing we’re fighting against? “ he questions, whiskers twitching at the disappointing thought, at the kid’s naivety. “ Might as well join them, then, if you want to be a clan cat so badly. “ His tail flicks at Deacon’s words.

See, he gets it. “ Of course Deacon does, he knows where this cat’s come from, knows they’ve seen what brainwashing the clans are capable of. “ We’re better than a clan — we don’t need a name that sounds like theirs. “​
EpC61GT.png
  • URCHIN AMAB. He / Him. Red Water Rogue.
    ✧ . A black and white tom with cold, blue-green eyes.
    ✧ . NPC x NPC
    ✧ . Mentored by himself.
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

Last edited: