twolegplace hey there, tiger lily! | scorch (city)

C

circus!

AND I WILL PROTECT YOU
- - ──── ⋅ ⋅ ── : ✩ : ── ⋅ ⋅ ──── - -
The dangling end of her chain clattered loudly against metal mesh as Circus made her way down towards the ground. The stench of alleyway concrete and burning rubber had her feeling oddly content, a comfort out of familiarity; she had grown up an alley cat, and while her forest adventures had their moments of being truly entertaining, there was nothing like the presence of nofurs and the jungle of stone to welcome a molly home.

At the very last metal platform, the pathway down cut off sharply, ending with a ladder that Circus could only climb upwards, and so she grabbed the end of her neck-chain between her teeth and set her sights on a nearby dumpster. It was at just the right height to make jumping down a breeze, and she could definitely stick the landing.

With a subtle crouch and wiggle of her hips, Circus leapt, and landed hard on the dumpster's black lid, resulting in a clang so loud that it almost had her feeling shy.

"Golly," A giggle left her lips as she dropped the end of her chain, and once she jumped safely down to the ground, Circus shook the scraps from her fur and ran a paw over her ear. "Talk about making an entrance..."

The silence that followed her comment didn't sit well with her. Nobody was around to even hear it.

Before the reality of her loneliness could set in, Circus broke the silence with a sudden slip into theatrics. Her voice changed, to a mockery of a posh and uppity tomcat with a strange accent that Circus made up on the spot—"Well, I say! Never in my nine lives have I ever seen such acrobatics! Please, you simply must tell me your name!"

And then, Circus' sheepish response—"Aw, shucks, mister, it really wasn't that great-"

She interrupted herself with a third character, the tomcat's squeaky-voiced and powder-scented molly mate—"Oh, don't be so modest! I've never seen a cat so talented at getting down from rooftops, and you're so beautiful, too! The most beautiful cat I've ever seen! What is your secret, darling?"

"Oh, umm," Circus giggled in-between the shyness and the delight. "A balanced and healthy diet?"

And then everybody laughed.

Except that nobody laughed.

Because Circus was alone.

Yay, acting...!

@SCORCH
- - ──── ⋅ ⋅ ── : ✩ : ── ⋅ ⋅ ──── - -
EVEN IF YOU WON'T PROTECT ME TOO!