private HIGHER BRANCHES [flycatcher]

𓍊𓋼 ThunderClan was, only half a moon ago, a place of safety. The camp felt untouchable, impenetrable. The queens and kits had seemed safe and secure. Now, everything feels in tatters, comfort and security fed directly into the hungry mouths of wolves. The entire clan is grieving, and yet still growing, and Falconheart must confront his own failure and cowardice. In Flycatcher he has always seen a hero, a source of reassurance even at the worst of times. Now, more than ever, it feels that he needs his father’s support.

The cream tabby strides over to Flycatcher’s side, attempting to judge whether his father is angry with him—or worse, disappointed in him. "The kits are coming soon, aren’t they?" He asks, glancing up at his father. He doesn’t know exactly what pregnancy entails, or how long it takes, but if he’s correct then Flamewhisker should be having her kits before the next gathering. He also doesn’t know how many kits she’ll be having—not that he cares, because even just one younger sibling would be amazing—but the young warrior is determined to be the best older brother he can be. Even if he won’t be as good a role model as his father, he still wants to ensure that he’s the best big brother he can be. "Do you think I’m gonna be a good big brother?" He asks the question with a slight frown, worry filling his expression.

// @Flycatcher

So much had changed in the last moon. The joy and excitement of his and Flamewhisker's new litter - along with the others in ThunderClan - were marred by fear and loss. It would take a while for the losses to heal and ThunderClan would certainly not forget the challenges they had faced anytime soon.

When Falconheart approaches, Flycatcher gives his son a small smile. Despite what internal conflict he might feel towards his son's recent actions, he'll always find the time to smile. "A few more weeks, but not long to go," Flycatcher confirmed, answering Falconheart's imminent arrival. Of course, it was hard to say for certain, but if he went on the same time as their first litter it made sense. At his son's following question, he furrows a brow, surprised to see worry dawning on his son's expression. "I think you will, yes," Flycather mewed. "You will love and care for them. And I have no doubt you'll watch over them." Even if Falconheart had a tendency towards nerves, he had no doubt that his son would watch over his younger siblings. "Are you excited to meet them?" Flycatcher asked, curious what his son thought about the topic of becoming a big brother. He had no idea of the concept himself, but could recall amusing stories and anecdotes shared by his elder sisters, who described a younger Flycatcher as a little nuisance as a kit.

Reactions: FALCONHEART
𓍊𓋼 Being acknowledged by his father brings a shaky smile to his face, as it always does. He enjoys spending time with both his parents, even if it isn’t under the greatest of circumstances. He’s grateful that his father still greets him with kindness despite his cowardice; though there’s no way anyone would know just how quickly he’d made the decision to run away from the danger instead of facing it, the guilt still weighs on him. But he knows, he’s got to be better when his younger siblings are born. He’s got to be braver, and watch over them like his father says. "I’ll definitely look out for them, but I just hope I’m not bad at it…" he trails off, a paw dragging idly across the dirt before him.

When Flycatcher asks whether he’s excited to meet his younger siblings, the boy’s frown turns to a bright grin immediately. "Yeah, of course I’m excited—I can’t wait to tell them about everything they missed out on. Maybe I’ll, uh, leave out the wolves. But maybe you and I can teach them to hunt together, and everything?" That sounds fun, he thinks. Maybe he can mentor one of his unborn siblings when they become apprentices, and Flycatcher can mentir another of them—they could train them together! And what if Flamewhisker was given one of them to be her apprentice, too? They could train them all as a family. That would be nice, as unrealistic as it may be.