HOLD IT LIKE A GRUDGE &. patrols

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

"I'm not beating around the bush. we've spent a lot of time searching the territory and it's time to expand our search. we will start with our neighbors, first, so that if we must move on to other clans, we can at least get some sense of permission."

chilledstar's voice is deadly serious. there isn't a hint of lack of care, or even the usual dullness. it's sharp. it's commanding. they're on edge, and if anyone so much as moved funny in the silghtest, they may have found chilledstar's anger. they're not playing, not that they usually were.

"first up. granitepelt. take applepaw, sabletuft, fleabounce, poppypaw, and scorchedpaw. go to thunderclan border and ask them if they've seen any kits. do not take any drastic measures. we do not need more bloodshed. we need our kits back."

their gaze settles on sabletuft for a moment, lip pulled back in a small warning. any mention of his continued attitude may have left him out in the cold.

"smogmaw. siltcloud, frostbite, sharppaw, and caterpillarpaw will be joining you at windclan's border. again, no drama. we just want to know if they've seen kits or know anything."

smogmaw is known for disobedience. they'd only hope that he couldn't lose himself during this. them allowing him on a patrol is a simple courteous gesture. if theyd thought he would listen, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

"after we've asked our neighbors for permission, skunktail, I'd like for you to take scalejaw, maggotpaw, garlicpaw, and briarpaw all to skyclan, if you please."

the idea of the kits having gone that far makes them sick. but they have to keep going.

"and lastly, i will go to riverclan, taking lilycrest, ferndance, screechpaw, ptarmiganpaw, sprucepaw, and ashenpaw along with me. does everyone understand? good. go on. and report back to me anything and everything you see or hear."

with a lash of their tail, they dismissed the first to patrols. damn it all to the stars.

// the first two patrols sent are windclan and thunderclan . after they've gotten permission to move along to the other two clans, then the other two will be sent out !
/ @GRANITEPELT @APPLEPAW @S A B L E T U F T @POPPYPAW @Scorchedpaw @scalejaw @smogmaw @SHARPPAW. @Siltcloud. @CATERPILLARPAW. @Frostbite @SCREECHPAW @Lilycrest @Ptarmiganpaw @FERNDANCE @ASHENPAW @Skunktail @Briarpaw. @fleabounce @Maggotfur. @Garlicpaw
@sprucepaw

Sprucepaw idles with her mother, watching as the calico demonstrates a better posture, a more proper way of speaking, the coy flick of her tail and softened smile - all means of growing up, of appearing better equipped with the machinations of allure and discussion. The black tabby she-cat grins, tilting her head and lashing her tail, being the decided opposite of Mapleberry and the deceased Pigeonthroat combined. The calico pouts, muttering something to her child, only to be interrupted by Chilledstar collecting cats for patrols.

The black-and-white leader organizes warriors and apprentices together, giving Sprucepaw and Mapleberry reprieve from one another. The feather-furred calico dismisses her apprentice and the tabby trots away, listening as names are listed on and on, hope injected into every cat and border. She's among the last, her name uttered shortly before Ashenpaw for the final patrol, all the way to RiverClan. Lost kittens still settle in her mind's eye and yet she can't help but sidle up to her fellow apprentices, eager and excited for the prospected adventure.

Mapleberry waves her off with a prideful nod, grateful that her child and apprentice is seen as trustful enough for this venture. Sprucepaw bumps her shoulder into the closest apprentice, offering an innocent, "Wanna play I-Spy on the way?"

Just as everything else in his training so far, his first real patrol is to be marked by chaos, and it's not even his doing. A sense of urgency is thick in his mentor's voice as they call for the organization of patrols — of search parties, for Tanglekit and Halfkit are still missing — and twice-green eyes lift, ears straining to listen to the long list of names, of places.

Finally, Chilledstar ends the brief meeting with a patrol of their own, his name in tow. They, along with a long line of others — and an unfortunate inclusion of Lilycrest, who Screechpaw remembers snapping at Ptarmiganpaw during training, and hopes he'll be at least a little calmer this time around — will be going to RiverClan, which is... That's pretty far, right? He doesn't think RiverClan even borders them, do they?

A twinge of excitement settles within him, though in serious times, they probably shouldn't. But, he gets to go somewhere new, at least. Just like Halfshade's kits seem to have. Someone nudges his shoulder, and a mismatched gaze shifts, looks to another as Sprucepaw speaks to him. His gaze brightens at the question, and a crooked smile is shared as he forgets about the point of these patrols, if only for a moment. "I bet I'll win!"
border2.png
  • 70927217_Pt9pw7V8M5Nsv4Q.png

SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW, Apprentice of ShadowClan
    — Forestshade x Vulturemask
    — AMAB; He/Him
    — A black/red tabby chimera tom with mismatched green eyes.
    — Mentored by Chilledstar
    — "Speech"; Attack

: * — His loud entrance into the world bestows upon him a name apt for the path the tom forges. As the troublemaker of his unknowingly half-clan litter, Screechpaw is bound to be known for his curiosity-led escapes and poor attendance as he steps foot into his apprenticeship.

Granitepelt is surprised to see the usual apathy absent from Chilledstar’s tone; their leader has always been lackadaisical even in the most frantic of situations, but their voice is shrill as they pace about, commanding patrols. The lead warrior bows his head at their instruction: he’s to take a patrol to ThunderClan to ask about lost kits. “I’m sure the noble ThunderClan would be happy to keep an eye out for our missing little ones,” he says, turning to find the cats he’d been instructed to organize. His own apprentice, Sabletuft, Fleabounce, and Poppypaw and Scorchedpaw.

I’ll give you all a few minutes to prepare, but we mustn’t dally. Every second wasted is a second those kits could be hurt.” He stalks away, toward the camp’s exit, his whiplike tail beckoning Applepaw to follow him.

, ”

———————————she/her | menacing ——————————
Scalejaw stands quiet at Chilledstar's commands. Her ears were perked, twitching at the words they dished out- and her heart was in her throat. She'd be loathe to realize that she was agreeing with Granitepelt, of all cats, but it was unnerving that Chilledstar sounded akin to how Scalejaw did when she was serious. At her assignment, her head dipped. "Understood." She murmured, turning away to wait for the permission to cross borders.

"yuh"
[penned by dallas].

Flintpaw is at Scalejaw's side shortly. Now that all the other Clans had departed their camp, it seems their kittens have gone missing. Flintpaw had never been much of a fan of Halfshade nor Smogmaw, but he is keenly aware of the role he'd played in leaving their kits without a mother. Maybe it had not been his fault (he couldn't have known, he was just a boy!) but Flintpaw has learned to carry guilt like leg irons.

Scalejaw is called out for the search effort, and Flintpaw steps to her side, hoping that he might be invited along as her apprentice. He owes it to Smogmaw and his kits to at least look for Halfkit and Tanglekit, doesn't he?

4d5460.png
  • 67694416_kQ42UEsE5sNMUt4.png

flintkit . flintpaw
    — he / they / she ; apprentice of shadowclan
    — short-haired solid blue tom with low white and blue/green heterochromatic eyes
    — "speech" ; thoughts
    — headshot by me, avatar by lovettebunny
    — penned by meghan