hold your breath, let loose your heart | oakrumble

BEECHDAPPLE

" you don't owe this world a thing. "
Aug 24, 2024
thick clouds had accumulated over the evening with a promise of rain and what began as a light drizzle turned into a torrential downpour by night with heavy droplets drumming a relentless rhythm upon any and all surfaces. while some would wrinkle their noses at such gloomy weather it was definitely a welcome change from the oppressive heat of green-leaf, especially with how cooling it felt paired with the occassional gust of wind carrying with it a strong aroma of petrichor which made for a strangely tranquil atmosphere.

tucked away inside the warmth of their communial space near the heart of the den lay beechdapple who was pressed close to oakrumble, clearly enjoying the white noise provided by the storm. it isn't an uncommon sight to see these two still awake during the late hours as it's become a bit of a routine or rather habit for the calico to keep her torbie companion company during the nights where sleep is just out of reach. "leaf-fall might be one of my favorite seasons, the weather is never too hot or too cold and prey isn't quite scarce yet." quietly rumbles the she-cat, filling the silence with some idle chatter. "but i do wish our pine trees would change into beautiful colors like they do in thunderclan."

@oakrumble

-ˋˏ On one of Oakrumble's turbulent nights where sleep avoided Oakrumble like the plague it was easy for the torbie to come upon the solution: be comforted by her closest friend. The solution involved Oakrumble waking Beechdapple (and likely most the den) and dragging her nest towards her own. Since that night their nest remains as one, with enough room for the two to remain separated if Oakrumble experiences her frightful nightmares that jolts her body about.

The two chatter in their nest now, bodies pressed comfortably together in familiarity. The night brought no relief for Oakrumble, sleep evades her and brown eyes stare somberly at the bramble walls as Beechdapple chatters of the shifting season. This talk allows Oakrumble's troubled thoughts to subside temporarily and she leans her broad head against Beechdapple's side, the rising and falling of the calico's breathing lulling Oakrumble towards peaceful contentment.

"Leaf-fall is my favorite too," Oakrumble says quietly, though even this whisper is harsh as the rest of herself is. "We should visit the border some day, watch the changing leaves from a tree, hmm? Maybe a leaf will fly to our side and you can wear it." The torbie stretches her short legs outwards so her paws hang out of the nest plush nest and lets a sigh whistle from her lips. The strangely sad sound lingers for a moment as Oakrumble thinks of the way in which she sneaks out of the nest, excusing herself for fresh air. Such an easy and believable lie, Oakrumble is known to try to find sleep beneath the stars or pace through the camp. It is just as easy to scale a low hanging tree and drop from one of its branches to leave the camp.

Poor Beechdapple, the calico does not know they share a nest with such a liar. She wonders if Beechdapple suspects anything, if the four... five times Oakrumble has left with no trace raised alarms in her friend's mind. She muses softly, "I wonder if Thunderclan slips on leaves very often when it rains? I'd like to see that someday..."

• OAKRUMBLE she/her, warrior of skyclan, 56 moons.
    lh chocolate torbie, stout and muscular she-cat with an overbite.
    important relations blah blah idk
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by @ken_Unot, feel free to dm for plots on disc!

"i'd enjoy that very much and hey, maybe if we gather enough leaves together that get blown onto our side of the border you can weave 'em into my pelt and i could become skyclan's first ever walking bush." it's silly, nonsensical idea but the thought of being covered head to toe in an assortment of autumnal foilage in order to pass off as shrubbery makes beechdapple chortle quietly with amusement. it would make for a perfect disguise if not for the time and effort that'd have to be put into it and the fact it'd make other activites alot more difficult, hm, maybe it is best it stays as a concept.

the soft, drawn out sigh that is freed from oakrumble's lungs is intertwined with an unspoken melancholy that causes bushy brows to knit subtly together. despite their active conversation, beechdapple cannot help but believe her friend's mind is somewhere else entirely. a dappled tail drapes itself over the torbie's stout frame, body shifting in their shared nest in small movements to avoid disturbing her companion too much in order to comfortably peer at her. "where's that head of yours been, oakrumble?" she mews softly, gazing at the she-cat in gentle concern. "i feel like you're startin' to drift recently, has something been bothering you darling?"
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • sCWOGUA.png
  • BEECHDAPPLE —— senior warrior of skyclan , mentoring none.
    🞴 cis female / she | her / ages every 6th
    🞴 a large, long-haired calico w/ high white displaying heterochromia and a noticeable underbite.
    🞴 single / pansexual polyamorous / open to puppy-crushes, crushes, romance.
    🞴 peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    🞴 speech, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character

🞴 penned by cobatic
    🞴 biography — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse