private HOLD YOUR HEAD UP [🔔] Orangeblossom

Orangeblossom was laying in the camp, fresh-kill sat between her paws. Figfeather has been tempted to approach her for the last several minutes, but her paws have been frozen to the ground. Should she really waste the orange and white she-cats time with this? She got so little freetime, and Figfeather was about to spring over and lay down her personal problems on the deputy! Was that not selfish of her? Orangeblossom would have every right to tell her off.

Yet… what else was Figfeather do? Go to Blazestar? That’d be even worse! She can only imagine the look of disappointment on the large tom-cats face, the image shakes her soul, cracks her heart.

By some miracle her paws unthaw, they’re moving until they stand above the laying deputy. ”Orangeblossom-“ She blurts, knowing that if she doesn’t push the words out fast enough she’ll hesitate and they won’t come out. ”Am… am I underperforming? I feel like there’s more I could be doing for my clan, but I don’t know what.” Her tail twitches up and down as a showtell sign of the anxiety that swarms through her.
  • >> @orangeblossom
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Mate to Fantastream
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and aid to her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

4d5460.png
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

orangeblossom | tags
    — she/her ; deputy of skyclan, mentoring eveningpaw.
    — scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes.
    "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi by waluigipinball
    — penned by mercibun. @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots.
    4d5460.png
A shadow looms above Orangeblossom right as she leans down to take a bite of the prey she's been turning over between her paws for several long moments now. She's not hungry, which is odd, but she's not occupied by any other signs of ailment; just a strange discontent she hasn't been able to shake all day. Grateful for the distraction, she regards Figfeather with a slightly quizzical frown as the honey-furred she-cat shuffles her paws and her worries tumble into the air between them. The deputy's ears twitch, thoughtful.

"I don't believe you are." She thinks more for a moment. and gestures for Figfeather to join her for some prey. She pushes the untouched sparrow towards the troubled warrior, eyes flicking over the younger molly's features. "You helped to save the Clan. What makes you feel like you're underperforming, Figfeather?"

Orangeblossom doesn’t think she’s underperforming. This relieves Figfeather as she doesn’t believe the white and orange she-cat would lie in order to save the tabby’s feelings. However, did that mean Blazestar was disappointed with her? Was someone on the council, even if not Orangeblossom? Perhaps it was silly to read so much into this…

When Orangeblossom presses why she feels this way Figfeather hesitates. Eyeing the sparrow she takes a quick bite to be polite, chews, and forces it down her throat. ”I- I don’t know, Orangeblossom… It’s- it’s silly.” She confesses, feeling the embarrassment coil up in her stomach. ”I just feel so many cats… my age are ahead of me. Kits… patrols under their pelt… apprentices, lead warriors!” She can’t help but continue to confess as her paws shift nervously into the ground. ”I know I’m young and I have much to learn, but I can’t help but feel… behind.” A still relatively new feeling for the once gifted apprentice who raced way ahead of her class.
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Mate to Fantastream
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and aid to her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing