honest, lets be honest [ deersong ]

She thought she was gonna die, she had genuinely thought she was gonna die. Between her stomach wound and the blood spurting from her throat, she had accepted the fact. She tried, she fought, she really, really did. Churro did not have a lot of battle training, just slightly more than the last time she was attacked. It did not help and as the black had pricked around the corners of her vision she had accepted her fate. She had raised a paw to strike back and then there were screams, panicked, that had erupted all around her. It still doesn't feel real because everything sounded so muddled, so far away and she was swaying on her paws as she followed back. The blood loss made her feel terrible and yet not once does she hold it over the gray she-cats head.

She doesn't know when she ended up passing out. She doesn't want to know what happened next. Doesn't want to know when she was wrapped in cobwebs.

Her tail tip twitches as she settles in to the snow, closing her eyes. Her place in Red's nest feels undeserved and as the moonlight hits the snow from a cloud going past she fights back a quiet sob. The wounds she has were deep enough to leave scars, possibly be infected and she just... Deep breath, believe in Dawn. Her eyes open as she stares in to the starry sky, her tail now lashing back and forth until her ears perk up. "Can't sleep either, amigo?"

// @~Deersong~
"speech"​

( ) Deersong was exhausted, her legs were still shaking from the tidal wave of emotions that crashed over her, and now that the air was quiet and the thick blanket of grief had settled onto the camp; the witch was drowning.

Her ears had remained plastered to her slim skull since the moment little Morningpaw had breathed her last, and now the molly was heading towards the entrance of camp because Snowpaw hadn't come home yet and it scared her to think that one of the Thunderclanners had taken revenge on him after she had left. She shouldn't have left him. Why did she leave him?

Once again, a sob threatens her sanity; but a familiar voice pulls her out of her darkness she turns her head to see Churrodream, and relief slams into her. At least one cat was ok. "Can anyone really sleep right now?" She tries to sound light, but it's clear that the wistful she-cat is more tortured than ever. She walks over to her friend and touches her nose to her forehead in greeting as she meows softly, "How are you feeling?"

( LET YOU BREAK; MY HEART AGAIN )

She snorts, scooting over and patting the small dip in the snow besides her as Deersong presses her nose to her forehead. "I bet..." she tails off with a hiss of pain as she moves against her stomach wound wrong. "How am I feeling?" she echoes in a blink, wide eyes fixing straight on her. Does she tell her? Does she tell her how afraid she had been? Does she tell her how much she wanted to envelop Greenpaw and Vulture for the last time, kiss their heads goodbye? Be good, mi cariño. She would have whispered to each of them, continue with the sweet nothings. She had been so, so afraid that she would never be able to see Deer again, never be able to see Red's face. Regardless of the fear she had fought and fought but shes sure that Wolfwind didnt bear half the wounds she did.

She realizes shes staring, dumbfounded, with a deep frown on her face. She shakes her head and looks back to the snow covered ground. For a second she sees the same red around her as if she had been injured once more and theres a strangled noise that comes from the back of her throat. "Not good. At all." she admits quietly, monotonously. "Thought I wouldn't have lived, honestly." she barks out a loud laugh but its obviously a cover up because her eyes are misting over and her breathing picks up, hitches. "I was scared. I was genuinely scared, it was worse than the first time. I had cats that I needed to come home to. I need to at least finish Greenpaws training before I go out." she shakes her head once more, forcing a laugh that falters at the end.

"Are you okay?" she can tell by the way Deersong looks that shes not okay. Churro isn't sure if anyone will be okay after that. She wonders how Blazestar is holding up. "Lo siento. It was a terrible fight." she breathes quietly. She does not mean to be pessimistic but it feels like everything is slowly falling apart.
"speech"​