private HOT TO GO -`♡´- DOEPAW

BLAZINGHEART

𓆩✦𓆪 BE MY MENTOR, BE MY GUIDE
Oct 14, 2023
4g0N7Xz.png

-`♡´- GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOU'RE A PINK PONY GIRL AND YOU DANCE AT THE CLUB -`♡´-
jFAjt8v.png

-`♡´- — Large auburn paws tread forward rather sluggish and Blazingpaw wishes that the heat of the sun didn't bleed into her plush coat, she wishes that she had been born with short fur at this very moment even if she knows that she'll benefit in the cold once leaf-bare arrives. She wishes that Coyotecrest had brought her to hunt near the Riverclan border where there's water she could lap up or stick her paws in even for a mere heartbeat but the the ragdoll knows better than to wish and simply do her best in hunting down some prey for those back at home. A huff slipping from her lips as her father mentions splitting off from each other to cover more ground and so they'd see who would catch more, she begrudgingly agrees despite the anixety that pools at her belly especially with all the recent events and he promises not to be far.

Her feathery tail sweeps across the ground as her ears angle forward with a small frown on her maw and parts her maw to catch the scent of any nearby prey, her pelt prickles when she hears the soft pawsteps of a rodent thrumming against the ground and she lowers her body as she creeps forward to see where her target is. It doesn't take long for her green eyes to catch sight of its small brown body, a paw lifts, and steps too loudly on the soil causing the small creature to become alert but Blazingpaw leaps forward as her teeth snap onto its small form. She stands upright quite proud of her catch and she's about to see where her parent had went off to though the sound of thick undergrowth rustling beyond the border makes her body tense up immediately.

Her breath stops and she half expects a inky feline with a white streak running down their spine to lunge out at her... It doesn't happen and she barely realizes that she had closed her eyes in an attempt to prepare herself, Blazingpaw hesitantly opens up an eye only to see a fawn pelt that she has seen every now and then during patrols. She drops the vole allowing herself to let out a long breath and her lungs are grateful for it, the tension from his body loosens in the slightest before she huffs and says rather sharply "You just about had me almost pounce and attack you, squirrelbrain." She doesn't truly mean it already knowing the tensions between both of their clans but this isn't a warm reunion and it wouldn't be as far as she knows, her feathery tail lashes behind her.

4RN8O1l.png

• APPRENTICE IN TRAINING;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • qCOxhoF.png
    a large, longhaired red tabby feline with green eyes
    blazingpaw's a sharp tongued apprentice that can oftentimes come off as insensitive or uncaring even if it isn't necessarily his intent upon first meeting. she's rather prickly due to several events in her life and seen tense for the most part but she's trying to improve, all of her opinions are IC only.
    11 moons old; ages the 28th every month
    asexual biromantic; currently interested in no one
    child of coyotecrest and howlfire
    sibling to wolfpaw and hawkpaw
    currently being mentored by coyotecrest
    easy to befriend ; oftentimes quick to anger
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

It's moments like these that Doepaw wonders if maybe RiverClan aren't some of the luckiest cats in the forest... Not only do springs and rivers dapple their territory in excess, but they actually have the know-how and skill to swim in them and avoid the raging rays of the sun. She is no small, slight girl, adorned in billows tufts of heat-sweltered fur... and that in itself is a curse of its own kind. She wonders briefly if her mother had been exhausted, to be in this miserable season, heavy with kits that she'd soon have to feed and hide and protect as the warmth bled from the land.

From somewhere just behind her shoulder Cobwebtail murmurs something about good luck, says he won't be far off and to just holler if she needs him- the dilute she-cat flicks her ear in nervous acknowledgement, feeling like every moment they are separate is a moment that fate will find cruel opportunity in. Still... her age sits like a burning brand at her hip, a reminder that she cannot curl up against him for protection, that she must be an adult in her own right and act. Fulfill the promise she'd made to Howlingstar after being graciously welcomed into ThunderClan moons ago.

Prey runs wild, having made it successfully through the new-life season of spring... Its abundance is to be taken advantage of. The further she trails off with tufted ears pointed forward, the more confident her gait becomes, trailing over familiar dirt paths, gingerly stepping over roots that would try to trip her... The brush ahead grabs at her pelt uncomfortably as she squeezes past the branches and then-

A voice? What's someone else doing out here? Blinking against the harsh backdrop of blinding blue sky, the flaming tones of red-orange fur are enough of a hint to match a voice to a vague outline. As ever... Blazingpaw is not thrilled to see her. It does little to deter her though, a swell of excitement rising in her chest, "Blazingpaw!" The less than kind nickname of 'squirrelbrain' goes completely ignored. "Well... it would've been fun practice I think," she purrs, persistent and undeterred, "We can still give it a go if you're itching to spar but, I'm not much a fighter." It was a friendly big of competition and while she wasn't particularly suited for combat, she had vastly improved under the care of a new mentor. No more quivering girl in the corner for her... Well... maybe still a little.​

4g0N7Xz.png

-`♡´- GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOU'RE A PINK PONY GIRL AND YOU DANCE AT THE CLUB -`♡´-
jFAjt8v.png

-`♡´- — The fact that the Thunderclanner seemed quite excited to see her makes Blazingpaw feel weird and awkward, she knows that Doepaw's clanmates had stolen prey from Skyclan but she inhales a sharp breath hearing the fawn molly purrs that it could've been fun practice. Her ears press flat against her skull only to bite down on her tongue as she tries not to be rude and ask if Doepaw had been dropped as a kit, Blazingpaw tried to make herself as prickly as possible but it didn't seem to deter the other apprentice. "You're weird..." Is the only thing that slips from her lips before relaxing her body as her feathery tail curls around her paws and a dry half-laugh spills from her throat that Doepaw wasn't much of a fighter, "I'm not the best at fighting either..." The back of her head flares up with a phantom pain as she recalls the day that her and her littermates had been attacked by rogues.

"Uh, besides, if we did spar then I'd get your Thunderclan stink on me and well, our clans aren't exactly... close." She tries to reason even if the spar did sound tempting, she usually went to her brother, Hawkpaw, for spars but Doepaw's a different opponent... Maybe they could help one another in learning to be better but the fire pelted apprentice doubts it. Even if she had found out that her great-grandmother led Thunderclan and had the final say, Blazingpaw doubts that Howlingstar would be able to do much if any of their other family saw her trying to initiate a spar with Doepaw. It's not a risk that she's willing to take so her verdant eyes are trained onto the other molly for a heartbeat or two "But if you really want to... You come over on this side,"

There's a sudden anxious flutter in her chest but she shoves it aside as she straightens out her posture and motions for Doepaw to cross the Skyclan border with a flick of her bottlebrush tail "It'll be our secret." For whatever reason, a small wave of the thrill of keeping a secret washes over her despite the way that her belly tightens in the slightest. It's a harmless spar and well, they weren't close enough to Fourtrees to practice their moves on one another without upsetting the other clan. Blazingpaw feels her breath stop for a heartbeat longer before she finally lets the air slip into her lungs, she draws closer to the border after casting a careful glance over her shoulder to make sure that Coyotecrest hasn't returned.

"I'll wash off your scent at the river or something." She offers again though if Doepaw refused then she wouldn't insist on the spar.

4RN8O1l.png

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • qCOxhoF.png
    blazingpaw's a sharp tongued apprentice that can oftentimes come off as insensitive or uncaring even if it isn't necessarily his intent upon first meeting. she's rather prickly due to several events in her life and seen tense for the most part but she's trying to improve, all of her opinions are IC only.

Doepaw can't help but laugh- weird. Blazingpaw didn't know the half of it, really! The fawn she-cat had no traditional background with the clans, sporting a lineage outside their borders and a complicated parentage to match. "Fair enough, I guess but... you're kinda weird too." This is a bluff more than anything- she doesn't know the fiery SkyClanner well enough to have proof but it's an easy enough assumption to make- ThunderClan treated any other clan like they were odd. However... it makes it hard to persistent in that thinking when they can find common ground over something... Fighting not being his strong suit is a surprise, but a welcome one regardless.

Lips pull up into a hopeful smile, but the suggestion still lingers towards rejection as Blazingpaw lists out the complications to this plan, namely being her scent. And the current politics. "Oh... uh... yeah... I'm sorry about that," she mews, not really sure what she's apologizing for but knowing regardless that it isn't within her wants to cause problems for other clans. Especially if it can be avoided. The temporary silence that stretches between the two makes her nervous, uncertain what might be rolling through her head- maybe it's an overstep of friendliness on her part and she's juggling the decision on whether or not to leap at the chance for revenge. I didn't do anything, she thinks anxiously, only to be reminded that doing nothing wrong meant little to others. Her own mother hadn't cared for her lack of doing something before cutting jagged lines down her eyelids.

"But..." Her ears perk forward, obviously invested in whatever clause is sure to come- what a delight that it is an invitation towards friendship! And... a bond forged in secrecy no less. Doepaw could be good at keeping secrets, definitely... she can't recall one she's ever been forced to keep but that makes this one all the more special. The tip of her tail twitches in excited anticipation, rattled to be given the opportunity to do something uniquely theirs and something that defies the current status quo. She was a good girl... and maybe that was why no one took her seriously.

"A secret," she agrees, giving a firm nod as tufted paws cross their borders with a confidence that doesn't often find her. Spirits raised with hopeful, youthful eagerness, the molly dips her head in a small show of mutual respect, if only to settle the other apprentice's fears that she might be more nefarious than meets the eye. "No harm in a little fun, right? Sparring will just make us better warriors anyways and... maybe I can learn something from you! I bet I've got some stuff you wouldn't think up in a hundred moons! The perks of being blind, in some small way... I'm uh.... unpredictable!"

"If you're sure- I'm ready whenever you are!" Hunkering down with forepaws spread wide and chest dipped low, Doepaw never finds her grin slackening.​

4g0N7Xz.png

jFAjt8v.png

-`♡´- — A soft huff slips from her jaws as Doepaw dares to call her weird even if it was kinda and not completely yet there's faint traces of a smile on her face. "I don't think I'm weird." Blazingpaw takes a moment to herself to think if any of her clanmates felt that she was odd, she doesn't think so but she straightens her posture once more and gives her chest a quick lick. She winces at her quick admittance of not being a good fighter but there wasn't any point in hiding it especially since she's certain that Coyotecrest would help get better at it before her assessment. "I'll get better at fighting though especially with my mentor making sure that I'm ready for my assessment." She states so that Doepaw would remember her words, in case, Thunderclan and Skyclan ended fighting one another... She would be better than this spar that they'd have right now.

Perhaps speaking it would surely ensure that she excels in fighting or maybe its just to soothe her insecurities. Her green gaze trained onto Doepaw as she apologizes and for a mere heartbeat, her usually hardened glare softens for a few seconds. "It's okay... No harm done." The only reassurance that she offers though her gaze lights up when the other apprentice agrees on the secret and it makes her heart flutter once more at the thrill of having a secret with someone despite the way her stomach twist with slight unease. A harmless secret with this Thunderclanner... Nothing more. She thinks about her brother, mother, and father for a heartbeat or more before pushing them away from her thoughts.

"Yeah, no harm at all... It's just training between us!" Blazingpaw agrees only to snort when the fawn-like molly says she could be unpredictable and the comment alone makes a genuine grin spread across his maw. The way she strides across the border with confidence takes him back but he blinks his eyes once and twice to make sure that he isn't imagining all of this. It's real. Still, he disregards the nagging feeling in the back of his mind as he crouches down as well and lashes his feathery tail behind him "Alright... But don't expect me to go easy on you." The red tabby says with his feathered ears pressing flat against his skull.

Without another thought, Blazingpaw pounces forward and attempts to push the molly with a large russet paw though his posture and balance isn't the most perfect. He wobbles slightly but doesn't think of fixing it as he's focused onto his target.

/ rolled an 8 >:]

4RN8O1l.png

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • qCOxhoF.png