private HOUSE OF WOLVES // raccoonstripe

Tybalt padded through the center of camp, his amber gaze focusing on Raccoonstripe's tabby shape. Howlingstar and Flamewhisker had been furious when the tabby had returned from his patrol to SkyClan territory, something Tybalt couldn't agree with them on. The prey was already caught. The kits were fed. That was all that mattered. The code was useless if following it ended with dead children. Tybalt had been taught early how to catch food. How to fight for it if he had to. His parents had made sure he could look after himself as early as possible. There had been a very real possibility that they would die fighting to keep him fed, or starve when they failed. He could be left alone at any time, and being able to catch a mouse, raid a bin, or win a scrap could be all that kept him alive.

He padded up beside Raccoonstripe, greeting the other cat with a light bump of the shoulder. "You did what you had to," Tybalt told him. "In a few moons, some of the kits will be apprenticed and able to catch their own food. For now, they're fed. That's what matters. SkyClan can beg twolegs for food if they have to. They're in no danger of going hungry."

// @RACCOONSTRIPE

He has lost the ease of camaraderie he’d shared with the majority of his Clanmates. Even friends, like Flamewhisker, like Roeflame, cast their shining, judgment-filled eyes upon his figure now. Raccoonstripe keeps his chin held high, but he is surprised to feel a friendly nudge against his shoulder. He turns to see Stagstrike, who’d met his eyes during the confrontation and given him a small nod of approval. He isn’t surprised—Stagstrike is an eccentric warrior, one who clings to his loner name, one who tends to spend time with kits rather than his peers. Still… the words he speaks echo Raccoonstripe’s own sentiments, and the tabby warrior dips his head in appreciation.

That is why I chose SkyClan over ShadowClan or RiverClan,” he admits, tucking his tail around mismatched forepaws. “ShadowClan is protected by a Thunderpath, and I had young apprentices with me. They are fiercer, too—we could have been looking at a lot of bloodshed.” He still wishes Skyclaw and Fallowpaw had kept their claws sheathed—but what’s done is done. “I would not send my warriors into uncharted waters, either, when we are not strong swimmers. SkyClan has warriors who eat Twoleg slop, and their nursery is not as full as ours.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 37 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

"RiverClan has a river full of fish to fill their bellies," he agreed. "And SkyClan has other avenues for food. Even if you had chosen to try the loner lands, clanless cats can be just as fierce as any warrior. They would fight you for a scrap of crowfood." It was something he knew well, having shed more blood than a scrap could be worth, in a pitiful attempt to silence his growling stomach. "Nothing you took from SkyClan land is anything they'll have trouble making up for...by whatever means they choose. The better ThunderClan kits eat, the hardier they'll be as they get older. They'll be able to skip a meal or two as their growth slows, and when they have the skills to catch their own they'll bring back their own share of prey. Better we take what we need now and risk the other clans being a bit upset about it than do nothing and pay for it in the bodies of dead children. You took only what was necessary. No more, and no less."

Stagstrike is calm, and the warrior is exceedingly understanding where others had =not been. The tabby lead warrior regards his Clanmate coolly before he dips his head in agreement. "Yes." Raccoonstripe's dark eyes are luminous as lit coals as he meets Stagstrike's golden gaze. "I wish our Clanmates—and Howlingstar—understood as you do." His tail whisks behind him, stirring a thin and anemic cloud of greenleaf-dried dust.

"I may not be a father, but the strength of the kits in ThunderClan concerns us all. I would have done no different for any of them." He bends, gives his ruffled white chest fur a few thoughtful licks. He can only imagine if the kits in the nursery were his progeny, tiny bundles of wettened fur flattened at Nightbird's flank. The thought is almost eerie, and he pushes it away before he lets it manifest.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 37 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.