private HOW COLD THE WIND — PERIWINKLE

── .∘°°∘. ── Vulturemask's death remains a dark shadow chilling WindClan, and Wolfsong can think only of how fortunate they are that the medicine cat imparted his wisdom on him. It is fortunate, too, that Periwinklebreeze received his care before his murder. Wolfsong may carry a natural confidence and curiosity, but experience is a teacher earned only by time— time he must still accumulate. Likewise, Vulturemask's loss is a wound I cannot offer goldenrod for. Would that I could, I would bear the burden with my apprentice.

Former apprentice.

Swallowing that somber thought, he greets the medicine cat den's patient with an inclination of his head. "Good morning, Periwinklebreeze," he says, a friendly warmth to his rasp. "I will be studying your healing progress, clean and reapply poultices to your wounds. How does your leg fare?" Vulturemask did not teach him of sprains, unfortunately.
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN ROGUE TURNED LEAD WARRIOR (MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING). 35 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC PARENTS. BIO, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 11 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
Vulturemask is dead, and sootstar had hardly wasted time before yet again thrusting someone into his place - a new day, a new medicine cat. Wolfsong is one that periwinkle had never really minded - in fact, he'd been quite fond of the due that sunstride and he made up, had even huddled around them in his youth. But now all that's left is bitterness and spite - like ice and fie at war within his ribcage, trying to climb it way out. And it does.

"It f-feels like f-f-fox dung! wh-what do you expect," he says, words so coated with venom he can nearly taste it. "s-s-some medicine cat, if y-y-you can't even t-tell that much," and hurt it does, but not as much as his heart, as his mind. Perhaps it'd have been better to have died in that battle after all, then he'd be with his brothers, perhaps even with his mother. What does windclan have left to offer but more bloodshed, more loss.

Dandelionwish had gotten lucky, fleeing when he did - a bitter and spiteful as he feels towards the cowardly former healer for leaving, for joining the enemy, he can't say its any worse than ending up dead. "Wh-when c-c-can I leave," he doesn't want to be here any longer - these walls are no longer home, only a bitterly painful reminder of what was and could've been. He wants to return to his nest, to his keepsakes, wants to wallow in his grief and sorrow. There is no herb that can treat wounds of the heart.

── .∘°°∘. ── He does not blame Sootstar for the hastiness— what options remained to them, but the swift appointment of a new healer? Cygnetstare in particular would not have survived without knowledgeable intervention, so while he is...taken off-guard by this new responsibility, he understands there was no other option. He does not think of himself as a replacement for Vulturemask, merely a logical successor, and Periwinklebreeze's hostility is startling. "The only one available to you," he answers evenly, turning from him to retrieve dandelion leaves. "Eat these. They will alleviate your pain."

He exhales slowly, soothing his nerves. Wolfsong is not so easily deterred, and refuses to allow his patience to fail. "Not for some time. Your wounds are at a delicate stage, and your leg needs to support your weight without pain." His head tilts as he sniffs the deepest wound at his belly. "Another five or six sunrises at least. I am going to clean the old poultice from this wound and reapply it." It saves him from further conversation, moss between his teeth and dabbing at the aged mixture.
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN ROGUE TURNED LEAD WARRIOR (MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING). 35 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC PARENTS. BIO, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

❀​ I FEEL SCARED AND I'M STARTING TO SINK ❀​
periwinklebreeze | 12 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically medium (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
The boy stares blankly down at the herbs for a moment, unseeing - an unpleasant reminder of yet another friend long gone. It is only the knowledge that he must get better that has his head dipping forwards as he eats the awful tasing herbs. Wolfsongs words are certainly not what he wants to hear, though he limits his irritation to a simple backwards flick of his ears and lash of his tail. It's not the former warriors fault - he knows this, and yet it doesn't make things better. no, it only leaves him feeling worse. "F-f-fine," he says finally, teeth grit, and allows for him to care for his wounds. The sooner he is out of this hellish den the better - with vulturemask gone, the place no longer feels like home.